With NTTD once again months away, we need other things to enjoy: Let's celebrate the 24 EON Bond films and their best moments.
My idea is the following:
- We only discuss one movie at once. The first one I picked is TSWLM. This is the first round.
Every movie discussion is seperated in two parts:
- Part 1 = Suggestions and Discussion; Part 2 = Ranking
- Part 1: We discuss for a few days (around a week or as long as the discussion is interesting enough) which moments or scenes you think are among the best of a specific movie. You suggest a few moments you love the most and you can try to convince the others why a certain scene deserves to be called (one of) the best. You can mention only one scene or also a lot of different moments/scenes you love.
- Write about the scenes you like and not about the ones you dislike. This should be a celebration of our beloved spy movies.
- Don't write already a final list of your favourite moments. This is done in the second part.
- Part 2: Ranking. List your five favourite moments (1., 2., 3., 4., 5.)
- Finally, I will announce the "official" top5 for the movie by calculating the following way: Every mentioned moment/scene ranked as #1 gets 5 points. Every moment ranked as #2 gets 4 points, #3 = 3 points, #4 = 2 points, #5 = 1 point. The five moments with the most points are then listed in the final top5 ranking
- Afterwords, I will start the next round with another movie (in no particular order).
I will summarise the winners of every round (movie) on page 1.
I discussed with @Max_The_Parrot if I should talk about moments or scenes and he convinced me to call it "moments". What do we consider as a moment"? In Max' words: A moment could be both short things and big set pieces. Favourite moments could be a look, a quote, a mannerism (like adjusting the tie or throwing the hat) or something bigger like the bobsled chase or a fight scene.