Rank the differing Gunbarrel Sequences (from best to worst)

Comments

Like that?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quoting Master_Dahark:
    Like that?
    Yep. That's it.

Otherwise EON will send Daniel Craig to hunt us down! >-)
    lol we don't want that! This forum is brand new! :)
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,813
    I couldn't find Dalton's alternate gunbarrel video.... but I did find a picture! Now you can at least see how he ends up....

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4899/royaldaltontldgb.jpg
    Never seen them all together like that. Interesting. I wanna give feedback on each actor instead of each films. Connery seem stiff and I dunno, unenthusiastic. Moore nails it with Spy and from then on. Laz is pretty good, very physical. Craig is the best, atheletic, lethal, strong. Dalton is fine, not too good or bad.

Brosnan is awful. He looks like he is swinging a tennis racket, not shooting a gun. My dead grandmother could do better.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Master_Dahark Great poster indeed. I love Dalton's slightly shrugging pose. Works well. Lovely colouring too. More of that to come, I hope.
    1. Pierce Brosnan's
    2. Roger Moore's 1st
    3. Timothy Dalton's
    4. Bob Simmons'
    5. George Lazenby's
    6. Sean Connery's
    7. Roger Moore's 2nd
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Craig's first proper gunbarrel in QoS was awful! Hurriedly edited and tagged on.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,690
    1 - Roger Moore's first
    2 - Timothy Dalton's
    3 - Sean Connery's
    4 - Roger Moore's 2nd
    5 - George Lazenby's
    6 - Bob Simmon's
    7 - Pierce Brosnan's
    8 - Daniel Craig's (CR)
    9 - Daniel Craig's QOS)
    Whoops! It seems I forgot about Daniel Craig's. Oh well, it's not like they deserved to make the list.
    How cool! Look what I found! Sorry for the awful quality- it's a 'print screen' from youtube. I was watching a Bond movie review and they showed the trailer for Tomorrow Never Dies and what do you know-- it's an alternate gunbarrel for Pierce!

Untitled-1-2.jpg

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's better than what we got in the films, but it's pretty cool too! Maybe they should have used it for a few of Brosnan's movies- just for some variety.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's better than what we got in the films, but it's pretty cool too! Maybe they should have used it for a few of Brosnan's movies- just for some variety.

Could you post the video, as well?
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Sure!

Just about 40 seconds in- when he says 'you can still depend.... on one man'
    1. Roger Moore's 1st
    2.George Lazenby's
    3. Daniel Craig's 1st
    4. Roger Moore's 2nd
    5. Sean Connery's
    6. Pierce Brosnan's
    7. Bob Simons'
    8. Daniel Craig's 2nd
    obv i love bond as much as any poster here..

but i do feel *a bit* geekie watching all those gunbarrels in seq

(it is the third or forth time i've done it aswell)

:-c
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Funny watching and reading your comments. Most of the gunbarrells are just reshown to different music (and some background adjustments, YOLT, DAF, LTK, TSWLM-AVTAK)
    I did like the spectrum look on the sides for OHMSS and DAF
    I liked Dalton's moves. His walk, his turn and fire all soo cool.
    I never liked Brosnan's move. he looks too stiff but I loved the GE music! I wish they had kept it thru the rest of Brosnan's films. The CGI bullet for DAD should have been fired up Tamohori's arse.

I think Craig in QoS was the worst. Too fast and ... naw.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Pussfella wrote:

Sure, if you were talking about this on like, a SPORTS forum, or Tough-Cool-MAN.com, but this forum is all about Bond! You're right at home!

• edited March 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Pussfella wrote:

Sure, if you were talking about this on like, a SPORTS forum, or Tough-Cool-MAN.com, but this forum is all about Bond! You're right at home!

You guys are right on.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I couldn't find Dalton's alternate gunbarrel video.... but I did find a picture! Now you can at least see how he ends up....

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4899/royaldaltontldgb.jpg

1.) Pierce Brosnan - the best gunbarrel sequence smooth, and then he snaps around and fires quickly... plus the 2nd gunbarrel version for the trailer of Tommorow Never Dies in which he pulls a Roger Moore Take 2 Style is impressive only the CGI bullett in Die Another Day is naff but if the movie was in 3D it would have been impressive

2.) George Lazenby - i love the music and the moonwalk it feels groovy and its my favourite part of the movie

1.) Timothy Dalton - The Gunbarrel of Licence To Kill is well done. i like his pose and the music is great shame that TLD wasnt that well

here is Pierce Brosnans 2nd Gunbarrel:
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Tomorrow Never Dies is my favourite GB by far, the walk and the cool music really clinches the deal for me.
    For your eyes only second place, because of the music.
    The three gunbarrels that I favor the most are those from GoldenEye, License to Kill, and For Your Eyes Only. The one gunbarrel I cannot stand and absolutely detest is Moonraker's. It's just terrible!

If going by actors preference, I prefer Pierce Brosnan's as the best, and then Roger Moore's first one from LALD and TMWTGG. His second one was disappointing, I really wish they had kept the first one for all of his.
  • Order of gunbarrels

1) Roger Moore (1977-1985)
    2) Sean Connery (1965-1967 and 1971)
    3) Timothy Dalton (1987-1989)
    4) Pierce Brosnan (1995-2002)
    5) Roger Moore (1973-1974)
    6) Bob Simmons (1962-1964)
    7) George Lazenby (1969)
    8) Daniel Craig (2006-Present)

Favourite gunbarrel music (for each walk) includes FRWL, DAF, OHMSS, LALD, FYEO, LTK, DAD
    Does anybody else prefer Roger Moore's first gunbarrel over his second? As much as I love Roger Moore as 007, his second gunbarrel was rather lazy and dull. I much prefer his first, which is more classy and energetic.
    1- Dalton
    2- Brosnan
    3- Moore 1
    4- Craig CR
    5- Lasenby
    6- Simmons
    7- Moore 2
    8- Connery
    9- Craig QOS
    00Beast wrote:
    Does anybody else prefer Roger Moore's first gunbarrel over his second? As much as I love Roger Moore as 007, his second gunbarrel was rather lazy and dull. I much prefer his first, which is more classy and energetic.

I prefer his first, like you said, the 2nd seems sort of lazy in a way.
    I agree- but here's a question:
    as different as Rog looked from '77-'85, shouldn't he have had a third gunbarrel?
    I'm tempted to say yes, but as you mentioned, it could have potentially been even slower than his 2nd....

I'll say yes, he should have had a 3rd-- as well as PB having a 2nd one
    And Connery should have had a brand new one in NSNA
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

That is just so poor. Whats with his legs? Looks like a baby gazelle being startled by a lion in the veld.

Glad someone told him to tone it down as Daltons TLD gunbarrel is one of my favourites.

That is just so poor. Whats with his legs? Looks like a baby gazelle being startled by a lion in the veld.

Glad someone told him to tone it down as Daltons TLD gunbarrel is one of my favourites.

The TLD one is good, but I prefer LTK. I love the way the music builds up as he walks.
    This one is slightly different, taken from TSWLM teaser where Roger walks towards the screen and after firing talks to the camera...