Official NTTD Poster Thread

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    HaphazardStuff about the poster/promotion of the movie.

So I was right. Time travel.

But regarding "The Judges": it's THRILLED. The poster THRILLED "The Judges".

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Minion wrote: »
    Yes, the poster is woeful, and tells us nothing about Bond 25 actually is. Maybe we'll get to see that doorframe at some point, but that's it. If they genuinely couldn't do any better, more inventive than this then only makes me more anxious about the finished product.
    You’ve already decided you’ll hate it, so I doubt even a more inventive poster would have elicited a different response from you.

There are several incidents since the release of SP which have left me as a Bond fan with a bitter taste in the mouth, but the onus has been on EON to give me something to get excited about, and make the right decisions. If I liked the poster, or the title, I wouldn't hesitate to say so. But I had reservations before and this poster only strengthens them. It's like all the decision-making is last minute, and someone realised that there was no poster, so they threw this out there. And the Jamaica reveal was similarly slap dash, and the title feels like it was decided in an afternoon. Its not good signs from a lifelong fan who has expectations of the kind of high quality product that Bond should be.

Totally agree. There hasn't been anything about Bond 25 that has excited me after Boyle decided he was leaving. The one thing thing I am holding out in hope for is Shatterhand/YOLT being the underlying base and focus of the story, due to the rumours of this being the potential title a while ago. Then I would be getting VERY excited for this film.

- the choice of composer hasn't thrilled me. If anything, its left me feeling we are in for another insipid Newman type score, due to Romer's previous work. Had Arnold been asked to return, that alone would be leaving me feeling excited.

- the title is totally devoid of imagination, and sounds like something dreamed up during the Brosnan era.

- the teaser poster is just AWFUL. There is no getting around it. Like I have said before, it looks like it has been knocked together by someone who doesn't yet know how to use Photoshop properly.

I really hope all my fears are put to bed when I watch the new film, but the only way it would please me is if the score sounded like John Barry, and most of the film borrows from unused Fleming material. Then I would be in double-0-seven-heaven.

It's funny that you didn't bother to mention the amazing Jaimaica BTS footage or the Choice of director/Cinematographer/Screenwriter. We had seen some amazing footage from Italy recently. You weren't thrilled about Romer but the other choices aren't really important

The choice of director/cinematographer are secondary to me when it comes to Bond. First and foremost, the script has to rely HEAVILY on Ian Fleming. Maibaum was the only person who came closest to this, so I would only take an interest in the scriptwriter if he went on record to say the film will rely heavily on Fleming scenes. Then I would be getting excited.

And the director would only be of interest to me if he said he was planning on taking the film back to the Fleming novels. Then I would be getting excited.

We had some amazing footage in SP, and look how bad that turned out. The director is only as good as the script when it comes to Bond, and the script is only good if it goes directly back to Fleming.
    I hate to break it you ya, but you’re just setting you up for disappointment. Maybe modern Bond isn’t for you, and Connery-thru-Dalton is where you should stop participating. It’s fine to admit when your tastes no longer align with a franchise. For instance, I like the Lucas Star Wars, but I can draw the line there and not bother with the Disney stuff. You can do that too, it’s that easy.

Well no. CR is modern Bond, and EON got it right there.
    CR is the exception, not the rule. It's also 13 years old.

Wrong again pal.

Funny enough, had you said this during the Brozza era, I would be in agreement with you, as the films strayed waaay far away from Fleming during that period (especially DAD).

Yet even QoS and SF, both films try to return to Fleming, only doing it not very well, so there is a willingness to still do this. It's just that EON don't seem capable to do it justice anymore, instead trying to do `Fleming re-imagined' rather than take scenes directly from the novels like Maibaum could expertly do (FYEO, TLD, LTK).

CR is now seen by many as DC's best film, so EON obviously got it right there.
    Okay, bucko. We'll see you on the hate train with @Mendes4Lyfe when April 8, 2020 rolls around, because I can guarantee your expectations of "adhering to Fleming" won't be met.

Let's hope you are wrong, so I'll be loving the film instead, and I'll be seeing you on the hate train, as you so obviously despise Fleming.... ;)
    Oh, this is the Joy Train, where we love all things Bond. You're welcome to join us at any time. :)

I assume anyone can still hop aboard the Joy Train, but feel free to criticise the food they are serving on there if it's gone stale....?
    Funny, it tastes fine to me. But if you don't like the food, feel free to stay in your cabin.

If we are talking about how one fan is more of a true Bond fan than another, I probably own far more Bond memorabilia and merchandise than you do, having been a massive fan of the franchise for 40 odd years, but if you don't like hearing criticism on a Bond forum, maybe you need to stay in your cabin....

Seriously
    Yes, the poster is woeful, and tells us nothing about Bond 25 actually is. Maybe we'll get to see that doorframe at some point, but that's it. If they genuinely couldn't do any better, more inventive than this then only makes me more anxious about the finished product.
    You’ve already decided you’ll hate it, so I doubt even a more inventive poster would have elicited a different response from you.

There are several incidents since the release of SP which have left me as a Bond fan with a bitter taste in the mouth, but the onus has been on EON to give me something to get excited about, and make the right decisions. If I liked the poster, or the title, I wouldn't hesitate to say so. But I had reservations before and this poster only strengthens them. It's like all the decision-making is last minute, and someone realised that there was no poster, so they threw this out there. And the Jamaica reveal was similarly slap dash, and the title feels like it was decided in an afternoon. Its not good signs from a lifelong fan who has expectations of the kind of high quality product that Bond should be.

Totally agree. There hasn't been anything about Bond 25 that has excited me after Boyle decided he was leaving. The one thing thing I am holding out in hope for is Shatterhand/YOLT being the underlying base and focus of the story, due to the rumours of this being the potential title a while ago. Then I would be getting VERY excited for this film.

- the choice of composer hasn't thrilled me. If anything, its left me feeling we are in for another insipid Newman type score, due to Romer's previous work. Had Arnold been asked to return, that alone would be leaving me feeling excited.

- the title is totally devoid of imagination, and sounds like something dreamed up during the Brosnan era.

- the teaser poster is just AWFUL. There is no getting around it. Like I have said before, it looks like it has been knocked together by someone who doesn't yet know how to use Photoshop properly.

I really hope all my fears are put to bed when I watch the new film, but the only way it would please me is if the score sounded like John Barry, and most of the film borrows from unused Fleming material. Then I would be in double-0-seven-heaven.

It's funny that you didn't bother to mention the amazing Jaimaica BTS footage or the Choice of director/Cinematographer/Screenwriter. We had seen some amazing footage from Italy recently. You weren't thrilled about Romer but the other choices aren't really important

The choice of director/cinematographer are secondary to me when it comes to Bond. First and foremost, the script has to rely HEAVILY on Ian Fleming. Maibaum was the only person who came closest to this, so I would only take an interest in the scriptwriter if he went on record to say the film will rely heavily on Fleming scenes. Then I would be getting excited.

And the director would only be of interest to me if he said he was planning on taking the film back to the Fleming novels. Then I would be getting excited.

We had some amazing footage in SP, and look how bad that turned out. The director is only as good as the script when it comes to Bond, and the script is only good if it goes directly back to Fleming.

That's not what you said you said we didn't got anything exciting yet, I already said we did have an amazing BTS footage. Simple as that.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

I like the food analogy.

Once is plenty, point taken. But who goes to a favorite restaurant to regularly complain about the menu.

• edited October 2019 Posts: 3,279

That's not what you said you said we didn't got anything exciting yet, I already said we did have an amazing BTS footage. Simple as that.

And I said nothing has excited me yet. Those BTS shots would only excite me if I knew they were being placed into a Fleming story first and foremost. Simple as that.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    First and foremost, the script has to rely HEAVILY on Ian Fleming. Maibaum was the only person who came closest to this, so I would only take an interest in the scriptwriter if he went on record to say the film will rely heavily on Fleming scenes. Then I would be getting excited.

I agree completely, but I think in these days of bland homogeneity, and for the foreseeable future, that is something we will not see.

This is why I think the heads of EON are done with the franchise, and need to pass the baton on now to someone who can breathe new life into it.

I hate to break it you ya, but you’re just setting you up for disappointment. Maybe modern Bond isn’t for you, and Connery-thru-Dalton is where you should stop participating. It’s fine to admit when your tastes no longer align with a franchise. For instance, I like the Lucas Star Wars, but I can draw the line there and not bother with the Disney stuff. You can do that too, it’s that easy.

Wrong again pal.

Funny enough, had you said this during the Brozza era, I would be in agreement with you, as the films strayed waaay far away from Fleming during that period (especially DAD).

Yet even QoS and SF, both films try to return to Fleming, only doing it not very well, so there is a willingness to still do this. It's just that EON don't seem capable to do it justice anymore, instead trying to do `Fleming re-imagined' rather than take scenes directly from the novels like Maibaum could expertly do (FYEO, TLD, LTK).

Okay, bucko. We'll see you on the hate train with @Mendes4Lyfe when April 8, 2020 rolls around, because I can guarantee your expectations of "adhering to Fleming" won't be met.

Let's hope you are wrong, so I'll be loving the film instead, and I'll be seeing you on the hate train, as you so obviously despise Fleming.... ;)
    Oh, this is the Joy Train, where we love all things Bond. You're welcome to join us at any time. :)

I assume anyone can still hop aboard the Joy Train, but feel free to criticise the food they are serving on there if it's gone stale....?
    Funny, it tastes fine to me. But if you don't like the food, feel free to stay in your cabin.

If we are talking about how one fan is more of a true Bond fan than another, I probably own far more Bond memorabilia and merchandise than you do, having been a massive fan of the franchise for 40 odd years, but if you don't like hearing criticism on a Bond forum, maybe you need to stay in your cabin....

Seriously

Ok, maybe I went too far with that comment. It's just that Minion is quick to blast down anyone who dare to criticise anything to do with the new film, suggesting people leave if they don't like what they currently see.

So my suggestion to him was to lay off forums if he doesn't like reading criticism. I'm a 100% Bond fan just like he is, but I'm entitled to say I don't like the new poster without being asked to leave the forum, or the Bond fan base.
    Yes. The personal affronts and attacks are unacceptable. I can’t understand how someone not liking something can get another person angry. I think that NTTD poster is bland and disheartening, but if you like it you’re fortunate to feel that way. I have been critical of the franchise for sometime. I’ll stop going to see the films before I leave the forum; there’s plenty to talk about in regard to the character’s rich history. 40? How about a fan for over 50 years.

You beat me! =D>

As for how much money I've spent on the franchise over the years - from first edition Fleming books, to Sunspel, Orlebar Brown, Mason and Son and Slazenger outfits, sunglasses, Rolex watches and Omegas, Philishavers, etc. it would be enough to give my wife a heart attack if she ever found out how much money I've pissed away.... X_X
    My collection of Bond memorabilia is very small and not too impressive. I do want to begin the quest for first editions soon.

The first editions were reissued a few years ago and I bought the collection. But for me the ultimate Bond books are the 60's Pan novels. I've managed to buy them all second hand, and also duplicate ones over the years, as they sadly don't last very long (wear and tear reading them by the pool on holidays).... B-)

Anyway, back on topic.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    This idea of owning makes you a bigger fan than the next is laughable. I have more material goods surrounding me therefore I'm more a fan.

I have least of memorabilia and don't collect toys, frankly I don't have the money to buy this stuff have more pressing things that deserve my attention.

I own all the films on Blu-ray and are buying the new 4k set but I sold all my previous formats on, I don't have the room to keep stuff around that is just there so I can tell other fans that I have the first VHS edition of this Bond film.

When all said and done does this make you a more passionate Bond fan than me because I don't have this?

Watching grown men buy toys and brag about it always causes me bemusement, these toy figures etc, the MCU fans are some of the worst, anyway my take on your stash material goods, hope it fulfills your life.

I know this is probably the wrong place to be airing such views as many of you clearly have money to splurge on all bits of plastic or this edition of essentially the same battered copy I have, although am I any less a Bond fan than you?

It all comes down to how Bond makes you feel in my view and not what you own.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    This idea of owning makes you a bigger fan than the next is laughable. I have more material goods surrounding me therefore I'm more a fan.

I have least of memorabilia and don't collect toys, frankly I don't have the money to buy this stuff have more pressing things that deserve my attention.

I own all the films on Blu-ray and are buying the new 4k set but I sold all my previous formats on, I don't have the room to keep stuff around that is just there so I can tell other fans that I have the first VHS edition of this Bond film.

When all said and done does this make you a more passionate Bond fan than me because I don't have this?

Watching grown men buy toys and brag about it always causes me bemusement, these toy figures etc, the MCU fans are some of the worst, anyway my take on your stash material goods, hope it fulfills your life.

I know this is probably the wrong place to be airing such views as many of you clearly have money to splurge on all bits of plastic or this edition of essentially the same battered copy I have, although am I any less a Bond fan than you?

It all comes down to how Bond makes you feel in my view and not what you own.

I already said earlier I went too far with that comment. I apologise if it offended you in any way.

(and I would never dream of buying any plastic fanbase tat...) ;)
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,541

Wrong again pal.

Seriously

Ok, maybe I went too far with that comment. It's just that Minion is quick to blast down anyone who dare to criticise anything to do with the new film, suggesting people leave if they don't like what they currently see.

So my suggestion to him was to lay off forums if he doesn't like reading criticism. I'm a 100% Bond fan just like he is, but I'm entitled to say I don't like the new poster without being asked to leave the forum, or the Bond fan base.

That's all right, but I don't like to compare any bond film with previous one's. Every one of them goes through different circumstances. Another thing just because a bond film doesn't have a source material from Fleming books doesn't make it bad just as it won't guarantee a success if a bond film is simply based on his books. Just my thoughts and I won't ask you to leave the thread just because our opinions differ ;) .

Wrong again pal.

Seriously

That's all right, but I don't like to compare any bond film with previous one's. Every one of them goes through different circumstances. Another thing just because a bond film doesn't have a source material from Fleming books doesn't make it bad just as it won't guarantee a success if a bond film is simply based on his books. Just my thoughts and I won't ask you to leave the thread just because our opinions differ ;) .

Whenever the films have gone back to the novels, they are usually favoured more highly with the critics - Dr. No, FRWL, GF, TB, OHMSS, FYEO and CR. I would also add TLD and LTK to this list, as they managed to use a Fleming short story or adapted scene and weave it into an original storyline.

I would say LTK would be the way to go for future Bond films. It seems to be the template for all the Craig films (the same way DAF was the template for the Moore films), with CR being the perfect example during Craig's tenure.

LTK and CR worked for me because they relied heavily on Fleming scenes, yet managed to weave them into an updated modern story, with additional action scenes.

If EON stick to this template, then they will keep ALL the fanbase happy. What I don't like is seeing Fleming re-imagined, which is what we got in SF and SP.

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,272
    If EON stick to this template, then they will keep ALL the fanbase happy. What I don't like is seeing Fleming re-imagined, which is what we got in SF and SP.

This is what we have to expect from future films, I think.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,165

Precisely. CR was a bit of a flash-in-the-pan. Bond needed a real grounding after DAD, and they had just recently within that decade acquired the rights to material they didn’t have access to before. It was the perfect storm of opportunity that likely won’t repeat itself until DC retires.

I don't think so. Cubby's advice to his daughter was when you are stuck with a direction, always go back to Fleming. I think at some point EON will go there again. Bab's has been trying to ever since CR, only not doing it in the right way.

I don't think so. Cubby's advice to his daughter was when you are stuck with a direction, always go back to Fleming. I think at some point EON will go there again. Bab's has been trying to ever since CR, only not doing it in the right way.

In your opinion.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

In your opinion.

Shock horror! What else would it be on a forum....
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

Wrong again pal.

Seriously

I know. Lol. Infantile twattishness.

Wrong again pal.

Seriously

Glad I could be of service. ;))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Let's drop it, guys, this was already requested days ago. Take it to PMs if you have to continue the conversation.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    How about this one? Just whipped it up now :)

ddijzce-2a32688f-4de4-4855-9906-f78a0de3a0e4.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkNWQwOTM4LWY2M2YtNDUyZi04ZTk5LTc3M2QwYWUzMTEzNlwvZGRpanpjZS0yYTMyNjg4Zi00ZGU0LTQ4NTUtOTkwNi1mNzhhMGRlM2EwZTQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.nsPOM0DkaMMX8yihSOKlyaaqQN3MBXlGCj8BkAiTIJk
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »

ddijzce-2a32688f-4de4-4855-9906-f78a0de3a0e4.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkNWQwOTM4LWY2M2YtNDUyZi04ZTk5LTc3M2QwYWUzMTEzNlwvZGRpanpjZS0yYTMyNjg4Zi00ZGU0LTQ4NTUtOTkwNi1mNzhhMGRlM2EwZTQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.nsPOM0DkaMMX8yihSOKlyaaqQN3MBXlGCj8BkAiTIJk

Nice work as always, @Denbigh
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Denbigh wrote: »

Nice work as always, @Denbigh
    Ah thanks man... I was going for a mash-up of the old-school, 90s posters, and the more recent "toned down", more modern posters of the Craig-era :)

Wrong again pal.

Seriously

I beg your pardon pal!

Wrong again pal.

Seriously

I beg your pardon pal!

Leave it now. Mods have already said move on. I'm sure Clatterhand is very sorry and didn't mean it...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,635
    Oh, there's another thread. I might as well show these posters of mine, here.

d5e20d86760163.5dab8bf0275d1.jpg

25515e86760163.5da3ec0c14068.jpg
    Contraband wrote: »

This one actually looks pretty cool!
    Contraband wrote: »

That is pretty impressive!! :-bd