NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

@Denbigh It was Craig's idea to hire Mendes years ago, it was Craig's idea to hire Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and I am pretty sure sooner or later we will learn it was Craig's idea to hire Cary Fukunaga too. Left to her own devices, Barabra would have hired that awful SJ Clarkson.

Who you had reservations about because of her glasses…
    Her glasses were not the reason I had reservations about her, those were just another sign she would be an abysmal Bond director. Just based on these two pics it's incredibly easy to tell which of them are more capable of delivering a good Bond film:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjE4MzcwMjEzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzEzNTkzNTM@._V1_.jpg

vs.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4de632cc38a00bf3f2f144d75a3d885b/tumblr_pfsz4iA2q41tv3cgqo1_1280.jpg

That was my point. The fact you brought that up at all tells a lot about you.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Denbigh It was Craig's idea to hire Mendes years ago, it was Craig's idea to hire Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and I am pretty sure sooner or later we will learn it was Craig's idea to hire Cary Fukunaga too. Left to her own devices, Barabra would have hired that awful SJ Clarkson.
    1. You don't know that as fact
    2. Barbara would still meet them and give her approval.
    3. "I am pretty sure sooner or later" isn't a good argument.
    4. The media always say it's Craig that got people.
    5. Love how you ignore my point about Nolan and Boyle :)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Guys, there was a time here we'd say "don't feed the squirrels". Still valid, I'd say. They won't relinquish their stupid arguments.
    a28047f0ad4a813d786156bb4bcae7c9.gif

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Good God. What is happening?
    Good God. What is happening?
    Same old, same old, really.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    I'm presently working with a producer who produced a very good film with her recently, and he says she is just amazing to work with.
    Of course she says that! 99% of the people in the film industry are sycophants! Also, it's not a question of arrogance or ego. She could be the kindest person on the planet and incredibly incompetent at the same time.

The producer I am working with is a veteran with amazing credits and one of the most respected in the business - so, for you to suggest this producer, without even knowing who he is, and 99% of people working in the film industry (your words) are sycophants is both deeply arrogant and stunningly ignorant. When u have worked with BB, or even dipped a toe in the film business, then you can talk to me.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    At this point, it's safe to say that PP is just being deliberately provocative. The comment about the glasses is clearly not to be taken seriously. PP knows he's infuriating a lot of people and he has come to like and accept that role.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    At this point, it's safe to say that PP is just being deliberately provocative. The comment about the glasses is clearly not to be taken seriously. PP knows he's infuriating a lot of people and he has come to like and accept that role.

He does this frequently and sours the environment. However, I've seen members get banned for less.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    He does this frequently and sours the environment. However, I've seen members get banned for less.
    Banned or at least scolded, yes, for far less.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @DarthDimi I sincerely believe that appearances do matter and anyone who says otherwise is being a hypocrite. If someone showed you two people, one of them looking like Fukunaga and the other one an obese person with a mullet, and asked you to pick the next Bond director only based on their looks, who would not pick Fukunaga?

Calling for the ban of other people is not cool. And other people here have done far worse things, such as frequently insult and bully me, and barryt007 even made xenophobic comments towards me back in the spring.

Calling for the ban of other people is not cool. Other people here frequently insult and bully me, barryt007 made xenophobic comments towards me back in the spring, yet I haven't called for the ban of anyone.

Well, we recurrently come back to this, and you recurrently come up with that argument against the rebuke many, many members have regarding your actions and comments. Still, all of this is cluttering the thread and we must make for some cleansing. So if you could please stop what you surely know to be an annoyingly mannerism, we thank you. Kindly move on. Don't pester.

People will soon come to this thread, thinking that the 30+ new comments have something to do with a teaser trailer being released and here we are again, complaining about you and your anti-producers, pro-boyle, "great-something" comments. It's not fair to the fan community, and it's not fair for the fans who just want to come here to enjoy this production.

So, again, if you please... Let us enjoy it. Do not pester.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Calling for the ban of other people is not cool. And other people here have done far worse things, such as frequently insult and bully me, and barryt007 even made xenophobic comments towards me back in the spring.

That's not what @Pierce2Daniel is suggesting @PanchitoPistoles . You need to read peoples posts better.
    He said the he's seen people banned for less serious behaviour than you.
    He wasn't suggesting you were banned.
    Stop trying to play the 'poor me' card. You dish it out just as good you get.
    You're clearly happy to bait and antagonise other members. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's tired of your schtick.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,280
    @DarthDimi I sincerely believe that appearances do matter and anyone who says otherwise is being a hypocrite. If someone showed you two people, one of them looking like Fukunaga and the other one an obese person with a mullet, and asked you to pick the next Bond director only based on their looks, who would not pick Fukunaga?

Jeez…
    That N. Peal spot was certainly fantastic with that music! I'm just gonna watch that and the Jamaica video a few more times till the NTTD trailer comes out. I was eagerly hoping it would be on GJBD and now I'm over waiting for it. It comes when it comes and it WILL come! Patience.
    JET007 wrote: »
    That N. Peal spot was certainly fantastic with that music! I'm just gonna watch that and the Jamaica video a few more times till the NTTD trailer comes out. I was eagerly hoping it would be on GJBD and now I'm over waiting for it. It comes when it comes and it WILL come! Patience.

I've ripped the music from the video and I have on my car, non stop ;) till the teaser comes, whenever it comes. Meanwhile, I'm rewatching the Craig films. How wonderful for us to have such a pleiade of films to choose from.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    DCisared wrote: »
    Thought this might wet ya appetites for a little bit. Music composed by David Arnold.

God, I just want David Arnold to score another Bond film. This commercial was spectacular.

I see. So, in summary:
    • You read a leaked script and based on that experience you concluded the film was going to be bad.
    • You watched what, pending any further information, must be presumed to be a pirated copy of SP with bad audio and video, and based your response to SP on that.
    • How someone looks says something about the competence or incompetence of a director.
    Well then, this simplifies thing. It's pointless to ever argue with you about anything because you don't even understand how to properly watch a film for a fair review afterwards. And that third "argument" is so laughable, it frankly reduces your input to that of a someone utterly unreasonable.

I mean, whoever let this man direct a film?

hqdefault.jpg

Those glasses! That beard?! The hairdo? Looks like a hobo... What artistic effort could possibly come from this weird Santa?

And what's with this gangster? I mean, those glasses? Horrible! And that hair?

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh wait, this guy is shooting a Bond film.

Now let's read your perfectly objective essay explaining which glasses are obviously signalling "wrong!" and which make one look well-suited for the job.
    Well, this guy looked pretty. And slim! And he didn't wear glasses. Really pretty, wasn't he? :-D CJF's hero, btw.

Stanley-Kubrick.jpg?w=620&h=360&crop=1

But then again, who let this guy behind a camera?
    woody-allen-promojpg.jpg

Anyway, I guess that's settled then. But, and I "mea culpa" myself more than anyone else, perhaps we should get this thread back on track. Or rather, perhaps we should await a teaser trailer. :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    With all due respect to @MrBond, we don't have a trailer, and I am seeing more bickering. So I am going to lock this thread until the trailer is released.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited November 2019 Posts: 7,570
    Due to rumblings of a trailer release next week which have been reported on MI6 I have now re-opened this thread.
    Thank you for the prompt @MrBond .

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/no-time-to-die-teaser-trailer-planned-for-release-191127
  • Daniel RPK has the date and time of release behind a pateron page. How did we access previously?

@antovolk Help!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif
    It's interesting, the MI6-HQ post seems to imply that it's the same short teaser that's been done for months that we were all expecting in October...I would honestly be very surprised if what we get next week isn't a different, and longer/more substantial, piece. I'm on the lookout at BBFC and other places for any signs of it being rated.

Also, I said this elsewhere too, how did we all miss that Instagram leak
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    I’m sure I’ll be joined in hoping for a 2min teaser this time. I know the usual format is 1.30min teaser but they’ve held it back for a reason. Maybe to have a bit of the Matera chase in it?.. perhaps, I think they could still tastefully have a 2min teaser that doesn’t reveal must story but satisfy and intensify the interest. Exciting times ahead, I must admit, this early December release seems more plausible than the previous “its coming” rumours.

Hopefully the rating appears on BBFC soon to further backup the story / indicate the length 🍸
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    JG007 wrote: »
    I’m sure I’ll be joined in hoping for a 2min teaser this time. I know the usual format is 1.30min teaser but they’ve held it back for a reason. Maybe to have a bit of the Matera chase in it?.. perhaps, I think they could still tastefully have a 2min teaser that doesn’t reveal must story but satisfy and intensify the interest. Exciting times ahead, I must admit, this early December release seems more plausible than the previous “its coming” rumours.

Hopefully the rating appears on BBFC soon to further backup the story / indicate the length 🍸

Two minutes sounds about right, I would say.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Panchito is now banned, but he's already working with Blofeld to get his revenge. ;-)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Panchito is now banned, but he's already working with Blofeld to get his revenge. ;-)

He can't find a volcano to hollow out, so he's emptying his shed.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,497
    NicNac wrote: »

He can't find a volcano to hollow out, so he's emptying his shed.

:D
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 4,400

Wow. you're right. He did get banned:
    https://www.mi6community.com/profile/PanchitoPistoles

His last post even insinuated that I am ugly. I feel honoured that I got a personal jibe just as he was banned.

Fare thee well

Wow. you're right. He did get banned:
    https://www.mi6community.com/profile/PanchitoPistoles

His last post even insinuated that I am ugly. I feel honoured that I got a personal jibe just as he was banned.

Fare thee well

*Pours whiskey".

It was not good while it lasted.