NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    I'm am intrigued why m looks so upset at the previous m
  • peterpeter Toronto
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    boys: if that is MP in the trailer (I would guess it is), she hit the eject button, or whatever it is-- i'm guessing the two 007s stole the prototype glider with MPs help and that's it.

M looks like he's under the weight of his predecessor and stuck "out-of-field" (did you see Fiennes' tortured glare as he looks up at Dench's painting??????); Tanner is no where to be seen (limited to his role), and; there's some very beautiful execution in what I just saw...

So far the two trailers have been awesome (or maybe I'm easy to satisfy, in which case: the two trailers have been awesome).

Lets get a little more positivity: a new James Bond adventure is upon us, led by a superb writer/director. To think this will be a re-hash of the last film should really be put to bed by now. They're not copying a Roger film (MISTAKE), but taking the threads of SPECTRE and finishing the Craig-era as it should have been done last time out...

Just know that the series doesn't end with the Craig era.

no one said that! The Craig Bond era ends, not James Bond...

He's your favorite Bond that's why I say that.

Yes, he and Connery are my fave Bonds, but James Bond will never end. This era will end with a full stop. And the series will resurrect into the new incarnation.
    That plane was in Q's desk in Q's trailer. A model.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This film looks absolutely gorgeous. Are we in April yet?!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Great trailer/spot imo. Shows off the excellent cinematography and cast while not giving away a single element of the story. Rather efficient.
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    edited February 2020 Posts: 149
    Had Octopussy been filmed in present times, I would imagine the Acrostar to look similar to the jet from the NTTD teaser.

As for the theory that CR, QOS, SP, SF and NTTD happen before the rest of the movies, with Safin being Dr. No - I don't see that happening. If he is Dr. No then the introduction scene between the original Dr No and Connery's Bond would make no sense. We'd be in YOLT-OHMSS-Blofeld-Bond-recognition-plothole-territory. That is unless Safin becomes Dr No in the end, by using plastic surgery/gene therapy, without Bond learning about the change.

I'm inclined to think that the set design reminiscing Dr. No is just a wonderful tribute to Ken Adam. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I still think Lynch is a baddie and Madeleine lured romantically for Bond out of the service so Lynch could take over a creation by Safin that's why Safin says you fell for her it was a trap and they all end up his lair Bond is cornered all alone.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Call me cray-cray:

I think that we will have a pre-title sequence that will be a mini-film (clocking in at 20 minutes), before this sequence bleeds into the title song and credits.
    Call me cray-cray:

I think that we will have a pre-title sequence that will be a mini-film (clocking in at 20 minutes), before this sequence bleeds into the title song and credits.

I agree 100%, especially because of the 3-hour length of the film.
    Call me cray-cray:

Same here
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    Call me cray-cray:

I'm with you on that one. Longest movie in the franchise gets the longest pre-title sequence, it makes sense.

Seems to be a lot to unpack in this movie.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Call me cray-cray:

This would be very cool.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Birdleson wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I believe the DR NO reveal will be established as the film ends with Ursula Andress coming out of the sea. We cut to Connery awakening and discover the entire Craig era had been a nightmare he had while sleeping on the beach. Boom, we're back to the original timeline.

In all seriousness, I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to find someway to merge the timelines.

I was thinking the same thing. I realize that it is extremely unlikely, but I would love it!

@Birdleson I'd love to know more about what this "merging" of the timelines would look like in your opinion? Like does the Craig era end up in the Connery era, or something else?
    While not scientific, the upvotes and comments for NTTD’s Super Bowl spot on Reddit seem to indicate a better reception than any other movie that was advertised during the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/

NTTD has 5.4k upvotes compared to Black Widow’s 644. Even in r/marvelstudios, BW has “only” 1.2k upvotes.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Remington wrote: »
    infovise wrote: »
    ilEdfTE.jpg
    Maybe I'm looking a bit too deep into this but can anyone make out the person at the back of the plane? Is it Q?

Looks more like Moneypenny to me.

I've concluded it is not Moneypenny, after seeing the spot on a bigger screen. It is an airman, wearing a helmet, same as the one standing to the side of the glider, at the back of the plane.
    This was your choice is the last line of the spot very intriguing I wonder where Bond is underwater and Bond has a different gun and sweater in the same spot he ran into Rami Malek in the first trailer.
  • Here we go again with the Dr. No stuff.

Am I honestly the only person who sees this as the same trick that was used with OHMSS in SP?

Back when SP was coming out, the forums were littered with how SP was going to be a modernized OHMSS. Snow sequence and OHMSS theme in the trailer, anyone?
    Call me cray-cray:

I can almost imagine if indeed "THIS APRIL THE 25TH FILM WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING" the entire film is the PTS .The titles are saved until the end, similar to many films done today. Therefore the gunbarrel could be the Marvel style post credits bit.

They definitely have a big throw back to the first movie none the less EON loves nostalgia.
    Call me cray-cray:

I can almost imagine if indeed "THIS APRIL THE 25TH FILM WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING" the entire film is the PTS .The titles are saved until the end, similar to many films done today. Therefore the gunbarrel could be the Marvel style post credits bit.

That would be really cool that would explain that gunbarrel shot.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    It’s all speculation. Right or wrong, what’s the harm?
    Because it's pretty baseless. But fair enough, I'll bite my tongue from now on.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Only the new footage

Npt43jn.jpg
    Hmm...
    White shirt, so this must be Cuba. Also, there's a rope in the background. Maybe he just makes it into the water before the ship explodes?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Contraband wrote: »
    Only the new footage

llIQcjp.jpg
    bN52kUU.jpg
    Q31rrlH.jpg
    BIQ5lMw.jpg
    cKMq5dU.jpg
    2WOxBUj.jpg
    hF4Dig4.jpg
    fnKSuI8.jpg
    fD9AIwR.jpg
    dRBGmq0.jpg
    Npt43jn.jpg
    OcZH32z.jpg
    ZqMc7C6.jpg
    5swQXKO.jpg
    MvEUs7W.jpg
    N032YJ2.jpg
    PnCDqsl.jpg
    F8m7kRR.jpg
    QPIDtzX.jpg
    tMbMqIm.jpg

Damn, that looks fantastic
  • By their attire they seem to be gliding into Saf, ahem, Dr. No's lair. Maybe at the end it will say 'The End' - 'But not quite the end, James Bond 007 will return in .... From Russia with Love'!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Call me cray-cray:

Marvel does this thing where they do a prologue sequence before featuring the Marvel logo. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, CIVIL WAR and EMDGAME did this. Perhaps a pre-title will begin without a gun barrel due to not featuring Bond prominently (Safin chasing the little girl at the snowy lake house), and once that section is finished we then get the actual gun barrel which segues into Italy with Bond, and when that concludes we get our proper title sequence.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    Call me cray-cray:

Marvel does this thing where they do a prologue sequence before featuring the Marvel logo. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, CIVIL WAR and EMDGAME did this. Perhaps a pre-title will begin without a gun barrel due to not featuring Bond prominently (Safin chasing the little girl at the snowy lake house), and once that section is finished we then get the actual gun barrel which segues into Italy with Bond, and when that concludes we get our proper title sequence.

It feels like it's something more monumental than that ... whatever is it's big, as it's front and centre in that trailer.
    Is that shot of m and dench's m the same sequence?
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 78
    I’m inclined to agree with a few people’s comments on the subject of Dr No. we’ve had a few reincarnations of Blofeld and it’s not always been a bad thing, sometimes is has. As long as the performance is good and fresh then I don’t see any problem with Malek playing Dr No. Whether that be a clone, brother, son etc doesn’t bother me as the villain in the film needs to simply be a convincingly evil and strong performance and for many they won’t have ever seen the character before. Yes we all have but I don’t think it will be a comparable performance at all.

Looks like a few nice nods to the original set which I think is cool and generally makes it more Bond. The cinematography looks slick and different to what’s been before which I feel is crucial with this film, the music will no doubt be incredible and at the end of the day we’ve been frustratingly been waiting 5 years for a Bond film so I am not looking to pick apart and critic anything I’m seeing Bond as for me I’m excited and looking forward to having our guy back in the limelight and celebrate his return.

We’ve all been waiting too long for another instalment to start complaining and picking apart footage before we’ve seen the film to see what context it plays in.

Love the spot, we have a stella cast on screen and a mega crew behind all that which I think is right up there with anything we’ve had prior. Music will be strong, visually looks excellent and can’t wait for the big marketing push to begin with 8 weeks to go in the UK

🍸
    I really hope Saffin is...idk...father/son/brother of No rather than Dr. No himself

Amazing cinematography, great shots

Visually this will be great

Idk what "this changes everything" means...I don't think they'll use a phrase like that for no reason?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I believe the DR NO reveal will be established as the film ends with Ursula Andress coming out of the sea. We cut to Connery awakening and discover the entire Craig era had been a nightmare he had while sleeping on the beach. Boom, we're back to the original timeline.

In all seriousness, I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to find someway to merge the timelines.

How? Bond met Dr. No for the first time in Dr. No? To merge the 2 is impossible. Not to mention Connery’s film is clearly set in the 60’s. I hope they keep the 2x eras totally separate.