NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• edited December 2019 Posts: 3,164
    So I have been doing some digging, there is a "Trailer C" that's 1 minute long that has been made available to cinemas in Italy (and I presume France too)...usually, I'd think that's just a 60-second cut down of the full trailer but maybe that one contains new footage/dialogue...
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,496
    There also this one that's been rated by the BBFC.
    https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/no-time-die-filmtrailer-1

Red_Snow wrote: »
    There also this one that's been rated by the BBFC.
    https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/no-time-die-filmtrailer-1

That's likely just this:
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5pv2J9gA_Y/?igshid=1o1oludbucmin
  • antovolk wrote: »
    So I have been doing some digging, there is a "Trailer C" that's 1 minute long that has been made available to cinemas in Italy (and I presume France too)...usually, I'd think that's just a 60-second cut down of the full trailer but maybe that one contains new footage/dialogue...

I can confirm that there is indeed a 1minute trailer. I saw this trailer (in English subtitled in French) at a cinéma in France and from what I could tell there was no extra footage. Starting with the shot of Bond and Blofeld in the prison cell the voice over (its definately Waltz speaking) says
    "James. Now your enemy is my enemy".

antovolk wrote: »

I can confirm that there is indeed a 1minute trailer. I saw this trailer (in English subtitled in French) at a cinéma in France and from what I could tell there was no extra footage. Starting with the shot of Bond and Blofeld in the prison cell the voice over (its definately Waltz speaking) says

Thank you! So that extra bit of dialogue is the only new thing then?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 850
    What do you mean by "no extra footage"? You just said that the is an extra line for Blofeld, non ? My friend told me that the clothes of M during the scene where he demand where is Bond seems different too: you confirm?
  • I just heard the extra line that isn't in the original 2m35sec trailer. All the images appeared to be taken directly from the longer trailer. Didn't notice if M had different clothes on when he asks where is Bond. The only thing I noticed that was different was the added line that Blofeld says.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    I appreciate we’re not out of December yet and I’m maybe jumping the gun but would we expect a mid to end of January trailer 2?..

Again I suppose we can’t go off previous trailer timelines as NTTD marketing so far has been very unpredictable but could it be something to look forward to in getting something chunky in terms of another trailer in the month of Jan?

I’d expect come New Year the marketing will ramp up and continue to build towards the release anyway but what are people’s thoughts on trailer 2?..

Happy New Year all by the way, over the moon that we are now in a Bond movie year....... FINALLY!!
    🍸
    JG007 wrote: »
    I appreciate we’re not out of December yet and I’m maybe jumping the gun but would we expect a mid to end of January trailer 2?..

Again I suppose we can’t go off previous trailer timelines as NTTD marketing so far has been very unpredictable but could it be something to look forward to in getting something chunky in terms of another trailer in the month of Jan?

I’d expect come New Year the marketing will ramp up and continue to build towards the release anyway but what are people’s thoughts on trailer 2?..

Happy New Year all by the way, over the moon that we are now in a Bond movie year....... FINALLY!!
    🍸

No earlier than late January would imagine... Usually there wouldn't be another trailer until at least two months after the first.

My money's on the Super Bowl on February 2nd. It's the first time Bond actually had this opportunity and it would be a surprise if MGM/UA don't take it, as pricey as it may be. With Birds of Prey opening the following weekend, which is the last big studio blockbuster before Bond (Mulan aside), timing would be right for a final trailer then.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    For the existing trailer, I like the visual connection to recent Bond marketing of the books.

ae060559cdb91333e039fcf0b8c8570ca1bcd343.png

1bbd4be7d3a5b284e80fc9144e689f60f7bf51d3.png
    45a2eecda5fabb8e9928c4099778bd303e3272c8.png

886d20b5d924ad1d980f019fc483da3ca2941ef4.gif
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    For the existing trailer, I like the visual connection to recent Bond marketing of the books.

ae060559cdb91333e039fcf0b8c8570ca1bcd343.png

1bbd4be7d3a5b284e80fc9144e689f60f7bf51d3.png
    45a2eecda5fabb8e9928c4099778bd303e3272c8.png

886d20b5d924ad1d980f019fc483da3ca2941ef4.gif

Didn't think of that when I saw the trailer but that is kind of cool.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Merry Christmas, @NickTwentyTwo and the Happiest New Year.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,443
    I start a new thread about this, but it was closed. Better at it then in this thread:

Ears and Eyes wide open are Daniel Craig Bond movies motto, but more from the faces, mirrors and dialogue/text.

If you think No Time To Die have no longer symbols then i disagree.

NTTD trailer already have eyes open symbol (number as in QOS with 112 as hotel number as warning (112 = europe 911) wil it this time a more positive ''closed chapter'' (the end of a era is near/comingsoon) number. Have Bond finaly found his solace ? Or is it just because Bond found his Peace for then till he returns to Mi6. ). It have four numbers and it is mirror in trailer (from left side), in final movie will see it from both sides i think.

Whyle it not be in line with the ears one (Big one in QOS in the same country = Italy.) The Three (of course) symbol of comingsoon if you don't look out or it is already to late. Eyes: Time is not on your side with old car.. Time symbol from Spectre contuned..

maxresdefault.jpg
    No 9 to 5 isn't ?

Another ear one by Bond as reference to you know my name as SF with the blood in SF maintitle and author of my pain with Spectre.

Only possible difrence wil be that maintitle wil no longer predict future (if Daniel Craig not come back) or only on very short like Bond is Bond again. If he wil comeback i hope we get hint that Lucia and Camile comingback.

Lyrics of the title song (stil hope on No Time To Die as title) wil possible full with symbol. All of them with mabey Another Way To Die in less did.

hqdefault.jpg

Do you spots symbols already ? Do you have favorites like the two in l'American, hell above Berlin and the meeting be one of my favorites from Spectre.

Mabey best symbol in trailer who i think is just for trailer is the litle turning Universal logo. Because there is my opnion only way possible with logo in the movie and it be big failer if not. Or if there whant more wtf faces
    It is also possible there cut it half way with not showing Bond and fames blood and go straight to the light.
    . When MGM search to new studio i hoped on Universal and Universal already released Spectre in the Dutch cinema. Stil Spectre start with Mgm and Sony logo's.

That's a lot of info in that single line. So basically: 1)it confirms that Safin is a competitor of Blofeld. 2)it almost confirms that he is the one who came to kill Mr. White back when Madeleine was a child, which makes sense as White was then working under Blofeld's authority, 3)thar Blofeld will be a sort of Hannibal Lecter with his own agenda. My bet and it is mere speculation: Blofeld will escape before the end of the movie, setting Jim up potentially as the adversary of Craig's successor.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Ludovico wrote: »

That's a lot of info in that single line. So basically: 1)it confirms that Safin is a competitor of Blofeld. 2)it almost confirms that he is the one who came to kill Mr. White back when Madeleine was a child, which makes sense as White was then working under Blofeld's authority, 3)thar Blofeld will be a sort of Hannibal Lecter with his own agenda. My bet and it is mere speculation: Blofeld will escape before the end of the movie, setting Jim up potentially as the adversary of Craig's successor.

It’s more than likely Craig’s successor will be an entirely new incarnation of James Bond, a new timeline or universe.
    Now, they very well could use the character of Blofeld but it’s not being setup in this film.
    talos7 wrote: »

It’s more than likely Craig’s successor will be an entirely new incarnation of James Bond, a new timeline or universe.
    Now, they very well could use the character of Blofeld but it’s not being setup in this film.

How can we know that? How is it likely?
    Personally I’m hoping Blofeld is killed off before the end of the film and the Craig continuity is kept separate. I don’t want to see a new Bond start with all the baggage of Craig’s universe.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Personally I’m hoping Blofeld is killed off before the end of the film and the Craig continuity is kept separate. I don’t want to see a new Bond start with all the baggage of Craig’s universe.

New actor, new approach, at least to a degree. They can keep as much or as little as they want of what happened with the predecessor. Moore was a very different Bond than Lazenby, but they still made him a widower and kept referring to Tracy from time to time. He was still his own man.

New actor, new approach, at least to a degree. They can keep as much or as little as they want of what happened with the predecessor. Moore was a very different Bond than Lazenby, but they still made him a widower and kept referring to Tracy from time to time. He was still his own man.

Maybe you could vaguely mention Vesper or something like they did with Tracy, but I definitely wouldn’t want too much. Also, Craig’s Bond has been an “old dog” since SF, so with the age thing there has to be a soft reboot (going from Moore to Dalton + Brosnan worked; they implied their connections with Tracy, but both actors were younger of course). The movies certainly have become more continuity-heavy lately. I’d like to see a younger Bond next time - late 20s or early 30s. No CR/origin-type movie - start off right during Bond’s heyday like the first 5 actors.

Maybe you could vaguely mention Vesper or something like they did with Tracy, but I definitely wouldn’t want too much. Also, Craig’s Bond has been an “old dog” since SF, so with the age thing there has to be a soft reboot (going from Moore to Dalton + Brosnan worked; they implied their connections with Tracy, but both actors were younger of course). The movies certainly have become more continuity-heavy lately. I’d like to see a younger Bond next time - late 20s or early 30s. No CR/origin-type movie - start off right during Bond’s heyday like the first 5 actors.

I'd like something like this too, with both Vesper and Blofeld being mentioned at least to a degree. Let's say a Lazenby type passover, but more successful this time.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    The next Bond definitely can't be like Craig. What has kept the franchise this long, is the different portrayal of Bond each actor brings. The next Bond might be a return to the Outlandish era that still had good plots....E.g GF, TSWLM, TLD, GE, etc.

Well there are several reasons but the main one is that so much has been made of Bond’s age that it would be awkward to bring in a new, younger actor and continue where Craig leaves off.
    Fukunaga has gone on the record in Empire that he is bringing the world of Craig's Bond to its finality in NTTD.

I'll be shocked if any elements, even cast, carry over to the next Bond. The Blofeld and SPECTRE of the Craig era will be different from if it reappears in the future. It'll be another reboot, though I doubt of course they'll do an origin story again. Just drop in back to the way things were before, with the Craig films being a completely separate continuity.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Fukunaga has gone on the record in Empire that he is bringing the world of Craig's Bond to its finality in NTTD.

I'll be shocked if any elements, even cast, carry over to the next Bond. The Blofeld and SPECTRE of the Craig era will be different from if it reappears in the future. It'll be another reboot, though I doubt of course they'll do an origin story again. Just drop in back to the way things were before, with the Craig films being a completely separate continuity.

Absolutely think this will be the case. NTTD will be a hard full-stop on this era. Re-cast. New vision. Unlike before, whatever came to pass in these five films will not be referenced (unless as a sly Easter Egg for fans).
    peter wrote: »

Absolutely think this will be the case. NTTD will be a hard full-stop on this era. Re-cast. New vision. Unlike before, whatever came to pass in these five films will not be referenced (unless as a sly Easter Egg for fans).

Yes...

That’s my thinking too. Personally I’d like to see SPECTRE and Blofeld take a rest again as well. They haven’t been used well since the 60s, unless NTTD pulls off something great there. Moore/Brosnan-type entries again please - pure standalone adventures, with a bit of a lighter tone. As much as I love Craig as Bond and his era, I’m hoping the next actor/era is a far cry from this era.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    A full stop is the best option for me.

I have loved this era bar the 4th film of it but DC's era needs to be brought to an end.

The next guy should start a fresh and I think that has been the intention for a while now.

Whether they keep Fiennes, Wishaw & Harris remains to be seen.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    A full stop is the best option for me.

I have loved this era bar the 4th film of it but DC's era needs to be brought to an end.

The next guy should start a fresh and I think that has been the intention for a while now.

Whether they keep Fiennes, Wishaw & Harris remains to be seen.
    Yes....
    But I favor a clean slate, no holdovers.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ggl007 wrote: »
    No trailer in Spain but at least we've seen this in Seville:

1479nccqvmvd.jpg

I like "Without Time to Die" better than NTTD.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    peter wrote: »

What do we think the vision will be is the question?