What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Paloma's future lay in kickboxing.
    Well, we're in 2022 so she's still active as an agent.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2022 Posts: 13,929
    Paloma dissipated into the ether of the mind, then Bond awoke to hear a familiar, comforting voice declare,
    "I love you".
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    QBranch wrote: »
    Paloma dissipated into the ether of the mind, then Bond awoke to hear a familiar, comforting voice declare,
    "I love you".

And they both lived happily ever after.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Paloma was arrested for being an agent for foreign powers. While in prison, she used her natural attributes to her advantage, and managed to steal a guard s keys while his mind was occupied elsewhere. She fled to Washington where the president personally received her, pressed up against her and sniffed her hair.
    shutterstock_editorial_10573681d-745x420.jpg

• No politics on this thread, please...
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Well given her real life career, I would say that Paloma became an advertising model. It probably pays better than being a field agent. :)) Seemingly, for almost six months I would walk past her diamond jewellery poster across from Grand Central Terminal here in New York on my way to work.
    ana-diamonds-social.jpg
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Paloma was a multi-talented gal, not only could she single-handedly take out an army of enemies of the state in high heels and low cut dresses whilst simultaneously downing a vodka martini, but she had an amazing singing voice as well. Her debut single, a cover of the 70's hit 'Una Paloma Blanca' was an instant success. Such was the popularity that she used to wear a white dove pin badge whilst on tour. Unfortuntaely this lead to a bitter and protracted legal dispute with Milos Columbo over use of the logo, and after several appeals is currently awaiting a High Court judgement.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Very funny @Max_The_Parrot :))
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    No politics on this thread, please...

Apologies for my TRAINING comment.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    She went undercover:

blonde-marilyn-monroe-.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Paloma was a multi-talented gal, not only could she single-handedly take out an army of enemies of the state in high heels and low cut dresses whilst simultaneously downing a vodka martini, but she had an amazing singing voice as well. Her debut single, a cover of the 70's hit 'Una Paloma Blanca' was an instant success. Such was the popularity that she used to wear a white dove pin badge whilst on tour. Unfortuntaely this lead to a bitter and protracted legal dispute with Milos Columbo over use of the logo, and after several appeals is currently awaiting a High Court judgement.

Jackson Browne - Linda Paloma (The Pretender, November, 1976)

At the moment the music began and you heard the guitar player starting to sing
    You were filled with the beauty that ran through what you were imagining
    Dreaming of scenes from those songs of love
    I was the endless sky and you were my (Mexican) dove

Now the music that played in your ears grows a little bit fainter each day
    And you find yourself looking through tears at the love you feel slipping away
    Though it's not the kind of love you might hope to find
    If tears could release the heart from the shadows preferred by the mind

Like a wind that comes up in the night caressing your face while you sleep
    Love will fill your eyes with the sight of a world you can't hope to keep
    Dreaming on after that moment's gone
    The light in your lover's eyes disappears in the light of the dawn

But the morning brings strength to your restless wings
    And some other lover sings to the sun's bright corona
    I know all about these things, Linda Paloma (Linda Paloma)
    Fly Away Linda Paloma (Linda Paloma)

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    You folks are a creative bunch. Laughs always guaranteed! Love these ones. Thanks @Since62 for joining us and I loved the Jaws and Dolly story. Seems like you will fit right in here. As for @RichardTheBruce the hair sniffing was worth the trouble. Laughed hard at that one.

As she was mentioned by @Since62 earlier lets go way back to 1962 and share our thoughts on whatever happened to Ms Trench, Sylvia Trench! Lets seen enjoying a "lunch" by the river in London with our man. She played golf and Chemin De Fer amongst other things. Able to break into the flat of secret agents and persuasion skills to convince people to not leave immediately, or to review old cases instead of reporting to work. Whatever happened to Ms. Sylvia Trench?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Miss Trench would go on to win the World Eyebrow-Raising Championships, beating Roger by a hair.

12281600.jpg
    QBranch wrote: »
    Miss Trench would go on to win the World Eyebrow-Raising Championships, beating Roger by a hair.

12281600.jpg

Brilliant ! And the end of your post made it even MORE brilliant !
    Does anyone think Ms. Trench defied physics and managed to...well...play intimately with Bond in his Bentley convertible ? I don't mean leaning over it - I mean in it. Not. Easy.
    Yes maybe that alludes to her flexibility in tight spaces?

I would like to think of Miss Trench pining for Bond and awaiting him to arrive back from Italy. Bond telling her it was over and Trench eventually deciding to not wait for him any more. Sylvia Trench, then decided to head to the tables to look for new prey. She eventually found herself married to a foreign diplomat and she moved to Italy to experience more gondola love. Imagine her surprise when a former flame drove a gondola through the Square and caused even pigeons to double take!
    thedove wrote: »

I would like to think of Miss Trench pining for Bond and awaiting him to arrive back from Italy. Bond telling her it was over and Trench eventually deciding to not wait for him any more. Sylvia Trench, then decided to head to the tables to look for new prey. She eventually found herself married to a foreign diplomat and she moved to Italy to experience more gondola love. Imagine her surprise when a former flame drove a gondola through the Square and caused even pigeons to double take!

Which has me wondering - might the writers or producers have had Ms. Trench in mind as inspiration when Moore's Bond makes his first appearance in bed with a lovely lady in his own flat ? I've not read anything like that. And, really, the producers did not much get into having Roger's Bond reference the earlier Bonds, other than the PTS with Bald-Guy-with-a-Cat starting out in the cemetery.
    And the mention of Bond's wedding by agent Amasova in TSWLM.
    Since62 wrote: »
    thedove wrote: »

Which has me wondering - might the writers or producers have had Ms. Trench in mind as inspiration when Moore's Bond makes his first appearance in bed with a lovely lady in his own flat ? I've not read anything like that. And, really, the producers did not much get into having Roger's Bond reference the earlier Bonds, other than the PTS with Bald-Guy-with-a-Cat starting out in the cemetery.

I had heard that in TND they were thinking of using the name for Teri Hatcher's Paris Carver and calling her Sylvia Carver. Not sure if that is true or not.
    Gerard wrote: »
    And the mention of Bond's wedding by agent Amasova in TSWLM.

Indeed ! Thanks...I had a feeling I was forgetting something or other. Overall, though, not so much referencing. Since it was the first time they had a SUSTAINED (as opposed to just once with OHMSS) new portrayal of Bond post-Connery, I understand they wanted not to overly remind audiences of Connery. Of course, that did not stop them from using a lot of the YOLT film in TSWLM, but that was somewhat bound to occur since (a) the series needed a kick in the pants, and (b) they could not use the book content much at all.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sylvia became a very successful business woman, specializing in excavators and coats.
    Sylvia made some extra coin consulting with lock companies, showing them how easily she could pick their locks, using items commonly found in a lady's purse...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Silvia trench was actually an hva spy (east-German foreign intelligence service) who was send to seduce British government agents. Her next lover was Kim philby, but this cut her career short as the very next day he left for Moscow, leaving her in the cold as it was revealed he was a kgb double agent. She was cought by mi5 and did 50 hours of community service. Whilst doing so she fell in love with her probation officer. They have three kids and run a chicken farm in somerset.
    Silvia trench was actually an hva spy (east-German foreign intelligence service) who was send to seduce British government agents. Her next lover was Kim philby, but this cut her career short as the very next day he left for Moscow, leaving her in the cold as it was revealed he was a kgb double agent. She was cought by mi5 and did 50 hours of community service. Whilst doing so she fell in love with her probation officer. They have three kids and run a chicken farm in somerset.

She showed a lot of pluck landing on her feet like that. Didn't get her feathers too ruffled. She probably knows whether Bond is more a breast or thigh man. I understand she is a great dancer and really can shake a tailfeather...ok...I think I'm done now. Time to wing it outa here...
    Bond either got tired of her and moved on or she wanted a more serious relationship and moved on herself, as is likely often the case with him.

Kara Milovy would be a good one for this thread. Her future is pretty open at the end of the film.
    CountJohn wrote: »
    Bond either got tired of her and moved on or she wanted a more serious relationship and moved on herself, as is likely often the case with him.

Kara Milovy would be a good one for this thread. Her future is pretty open at the end of the film.

Doesn't she run a duck preserve ? "Milovy's Muskovies" The music of string quartets soothes them...
    Ms. Trench today rus a business specializing in coats and knives, all of them bear her name.

Ms. Milovy, after touring the world thanks to the new passport General Gogol provided her, went back to her country, and ecame one of the heroins of the Velvet Revolution. She now lives in Bratislava, when shes not touring.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Ms. Trench today rus a business specializing in coats and knives, all of them bear her name.

Ms. Milovy, after touring the world thanks to the new passport General Gogol provided her, went back to her country, and ecame one of the heroins of the Velvet Revolution. She now lives in Bratislava, when shes not touring.

Brilliant !
    Good show and great humour and some history thrown in! Love it. As we have had a request from @CountJohn and I aim to please. Lets dive into Kara Milovy from TLD.

A gifted cellist Kara was last seen giving a grand performance for our man Bond. Given a special passport by General Gogol and with world tour posters in her dressing room, one wonders whatever happened to Kara Milovy? Did she experience career success? Or did her bullet holed cello stop stringing the notes?

What say you Mi6 members...whatever happened to Kara Milovy?