What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Word, @Dwayne.

ae8bef2c021e1277808ff55daa8575db.jpg

Maybe a little more clear are these pricey eyeglasses.

Equally for under cover work and to get the details right. Maybe with some special functions from Station J.

Orgreen-KissySuzuki-503_900x.jpg?v=1571439895
    logo-white.png?v=1648890729
    Orgreen Kissy Suzuki Eyeglasses
    https://jamesleonard.com/products/orgreen-kissy-suzuki-eyeglasses?variant=19104261079099

Orgreen Kissy Suzuki Eyeglasses is available in 7 color and one eye size 48. Orgreen Kissy Suzuki is a Rectangle shape Semi Rim frame for Women. Orgreen Kissy Suzuki frame titanium and beta-titanium. We have 7 color of Orgreen Kissy Suzuki - Mat Brown Jade-503, Mat Black Sand Rose-532, Mat Teal Sand White Gold-533, Mat Black Renaissance Rose-534, Mat Blue Victorian Rose-535, Mat Red Mahogany White -576, Mat Electric Coral Titanium-577. We provide free shipping for Orgreen Kissy Suzuki within United States. Orgreen Kissy Suzuki comes with original carrying case and cleaning cloth.

Also sunglasses:

• Orgreen May Day Eyeglasses
    • Barton Perreira 007 Thunderball Sunglasses
    • Barton Perreira 007 AVTAK Unisex Sunglasses
    • Barton Perreira 007 AVTAK Sunglasses
    • Barton Perreira 007 Royale Sunglasses
    • Barton Perreira 007 Goldfinger Sunglasses
    • Barton Perreira 007 Joe Unisex Sunglasses
    • Barton Perreira 007 Joe Sunglasses
    • Barton Perreira 007 AVTAK Sport Sunglasses

Orgreen-KissySuzuki-534_360x.jpg?v=1571439895
    Orgreen-KissySuzuki-576_360x.jpg?v=1571439895
    Orgreen-KissySuzuki-577_360x.jpg?v=1571439895

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    edited June 2023 Posts: 4,941
    386a5fd8cf83550ae837a69ee35dd3e8.jpg
    Great stuff about Kissy! Lets move on to another female, this one was not having a good time while surfing on her yacht near Gibraltar. She was complaining to her friend, Margo, about the tennis pros and playboys. She was looking for a real man. Our man dropped in on her and borrowed her phone. Linda was her name, champagne was her game!

After her dalliance with James did other men suffer in comparison? Did she end up getting into relations with tennis pros? Or did she sail away to other places to find a man that measured up to James?

Whatever happened to Linda from the Living Daylights?

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Never knew (nor felt like finding out) that her name was Linda. A fate she shares with so many of the "What happened to..." characters on this thread.
    Margo didn't believe her.

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    I like to think that “Linda” is still out there on that yacht waiting for me to pay her a visit! :))

belle-avery-8220-the-living-daylights-8221-autograph-signed-8216-linda-8217-7-5-215-10-5-photo-acoa-autograph-collectible-memorabilia-373795423540.jpeg

As for the actress herself (Belle Avery), she went on to form a film production company and has had career producing and writing feature films.
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043007/
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    I like to think that “Linda” is still out there on that yacht waiting for me to pay her a visit! :))

belle-avery-8220-the-living-daylights-8221-autograph-signed-8216-linda-8217-7-5-215-10-5-photo-acoa-autograph-collectible-memorabilia-373795423540.jpeg

As for the actress herself (Belle Avery), she went on to form a film production company and has had career producing and writing feature films.

I suppose that the yacht has been scrapped for osmosis in the fiberglass hull and the lady, well, is not still waiting for you. Sorry if my analysis is cruel.
    She spent so much time pining away on the yacht (note the long hair), when it was time to get off the vessel she not-so-artfully disembarked.

falling-boat.gif

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Dwayne wrote: »

I suppose that the yacht has been scrapped for osmosis in the fiberglass hull and the lady, well, is not still waiting for you. Sorry if my analysis is cruel.

No worries @j_w_pepper. Notice I wrote "like to think." I didn't say "expect." :D
    Never knew (nor felt like finding out) that her name was Linda. A fate she shares with so many of the "What happened to..." characters on this thread.

It is sometimes a challenge to come up with an idea for a character that didn't die. Some of these quirky characters leave an impression, others don't. Always find it fun to see the stories some of our members create around a character.

Margo didn't believe her.

I'd like to think Margo was her Maid of Honor at the wedding of Linda and a Tennis pro from Spain!

Following that meeting with Bond, every single man disappointed her.

Every. Single. Man.

DwQveMkXcAInGcv.jpg:large

29:56 , Goodheads hotel in Venice
    edited June 2023 Posts: 12,996
    Bond left, and Linda resumed chilling on the upper deck of the research vessel.

She couldn't imagine the mischief being perpetrated at the aft section that baited outright disaster.

After her encounter with Bond, at least she died happy.

MV5BMjEzNTMyMzc3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDY4MTAz._V1_.jpg
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    She married a playboy and or tennis pro
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    After Bond left, Linda continued to sail the coast, searching for that real man while listening to Tears For Fears and Eurythmics cassettes on her walkman, and reading Sidney Sheldon novels.

The story goes that one day, Linda got frisky and tried to seduce her personal captain. When he rejected her because he felt he wasn't "real enough" to be her man, she strangled him with her headphone cable. In a panic, she confessed this to Margo, who initially didn't call the authorities, but eventually yielded after realizing Linda did not know how to pilot a yacht, and would have been stuck out there on the ocean, more alone than ever.

Neither Linda nor the boat was ever found, and was presumed to have sunk. Occasionally you hear fables from the locals, some who claim to have seen a derelict yacht floating on the horizon line, with an eerie sound carried on the wind, like a siren luring, beckoning men to come join her. It is a popular legend, known as 'The Ghost of Gibraltar'.
    All I can say is that the actress's first name was well-earned.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    QBranch wrote: »
    After Bond left, Linda continued to sail the coast, searching for that real man while listening to Tears For Fears and Eurythmics cassettes on her walkman, and reading Sidney Sheldon novels.

The story goes that one day, Linda got frisky and tried to seduce her personal captain. When he rejected her because he felt he wasn't "real enough" to be her man, she strangled him with her headphone cable. In a panic, she confessed this to Margo, who initially didn't call the authorities, but eventually yielded after realizing Linda did not know how to pilot a yacht, and would have been stuck out there on the ocean, more alone than ever.

Neither Linda nor the boat was ever found, and was presumed to have sunk. Occasionally you hear fables from the locals, some who claim to have seen a derelict yacht floating on the horizon line, with an eerie sound carried on the wind, like a siren luring, beckoning men to come join her. It is a popular legend, known as 'The Ghost of Gibraltar'.

+1

The original line is "playboys and gigolos," heard in the trailer.

This has the makings of an Amazon Prime Spin-Off! I love this mini story. Good stuff @QBranch
  • Linda had to leave Bond before things were about to turn “nasteh” ( mixing films i know)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    She met Falco, but then years later...

au026-sunseeker-superhawk-48-small.jpg?itok=1FK-JICq
    Jinx comes a long...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà

This is awesome. I would watch that film. Sounds good slasher material, or even better, a eurohorror with a synth score.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thank you all for the kind words. And Linda did indeed listen to those bands mentioned and read novels by that author, that part is not made up.
    Linda got some love! I enjoyed the photo of John Glen giving the lounger the once over, or was it the actress? LOL!

On to our next character, and I scanned the list a few times to make sure I hadn't done this character. He was one of the rare non-returning characters to interact with our man twice and in the span of 2 years. Very rare indeed. I am of course talking about everyone's favourite southern lawman, Sherriff JW Pepper!

Sherriff Pepper met Bond first on the bayou and while they didn't really share much time together but our man left an impression of him. So much so that when their paths crossed in Thailand Pepper recognized and assisted Bond in his chase of The Man With The Golden Gun! J.W. was last seen in handcuffs with the Thailand police. Mabel most likely got the American embassy involved, or did she?

So Mi6 community, what ever happened to Sherriff J.W. Pepper?
    As an expert in that field, may I first point out that "Sheriff" is spelt with only one "r". Well, Jaydubya got 'eemself retired with some complications, especially since no one knew whether he was a real sheriff or just some part of the Louisiana State Police (a sheriff ain't no state cop normally). That being settled, he spent part of his retirement learning some pointy-heads about adequate law enforcement procedures, although he frequently misspelled that word. He needed some psychiatric care later, since he seemed to go off the rocker whenever he heard the words "English", "agent" or "from England" (much like Steve Martin's Rigby Reardon when someone says "cleaning woman").

Fortunately, he had some family connections to one Dr. Pepper, who treated him on a pro bono basis by injecting sugary softdrinks into his veins (it was also supposed to help against Covid-19 later). Jaydubya passed at the tender age of 101, two years after his beloved Maybelle, leaving about fifteen children and 80-some grandchildren behind (this is Louisiana, after all).
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 1,514
    deleted
    CrabKey wrote: »
    A pointless cartoon character inserted into what I consider the best, but certainly flawed, of the RM films.
    A valid opinion (though I don't share it), but not really a contribution to this thread, is it?
    CrabKey wrote: »
    A pointless cartoon character inserted into what I consider the best, but certainly flawed, of the RM films.
    A valid opinion (though I don't share it), but not really a contribution to this thread, is it?

You're right. I'll delete it.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2023 Posts: 5,962
    J.W. and Maybelle continued their unusual (some would say inexplicable) love of adventure travel, eventually investing his sizable state pension into a quickly-growing start-up that would become Drax Industries.

At a champagne-soaked ("These are some grapes!") soiree in "California," J.W. crossed paths with the enchanting Corinne Dufour: "You're French? Wowee, I like French fries." Unfortunately, their torrid affair was interrupted by Maybelle in flagrante helicopto. She sued for divorce and received all of his Drax Industries shares, and eventually parlayed them into a board position.

Maybelle was last seen cross-touching her toes with a much younger blonde man with a feathered hairdo on Drax's space station. J.W. lived out his days with a bottomless bottle of hooch on his dilapidated porch on the bayou, looking up at the sky and murmuring, "My Maybelle, my star. My Maybelle, my star."
    echo wrote: »
    J.W. and Maybelle continued their unusual (some would say inexplicable) love of adventure travel, eventually investing his sizable state pension into a quickly-growing start-up that would become Drax Industries.

At a champagne-soaked ("These are some grapes!") soiree in "California," J.W. crossed paths with the enchanting Corinne Dufour: "You're French? Wowee, I like French fries." Unfortunately, their torrid affair was interrupted by Maybelle in flagrante helicopto. She sued for divorce and received all of his Drax Industries shares, and eventually parlayed them into a board position.

Maybelle was last seen cross-touching her toes with a much younger blonde man with a feathered hairdo on Drax's space station. J.W. lived out his days with a bottomless bottle of hooch on his dilapidated porch on the bayou, looking up at the sky and murmuring, "My Maybelle, my star. My Maybelle, my star."

How tragic, really.
    Very touching @echo might be a great idea for a limited series on Netflix. Does JW have a collection of Elephants in his house? Or did Maybelle get those in the divorce? Oh wait, was it donkey's? I believe J.W declared himself to be a Democrat!
    J. W. and Maybelle were *Southern* Democrats in the early Seventies. Which means they would be Republicans today, and probably the MAGA kind. I'm too fond of the JWP character to surrender him to the Trump bunch!