What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Recommendation to have Albert the croc as a future thread nominee!
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Love it @MooseWithFleas a great nomination. Funny how the older films have the more colourful characters who live to fight another day?

Before we deal with dear old Albert how about this one for us to consider. In the novels she moved in with Bond after the diamonds mission and was still a fresh ex when Bond was sent to Russia with Love. In the films she asked Bond how they were getting the diamonds down from the satellite! I am talking about everyone's favourite diamond smuggler Tiffany Case. She was definitely distinctive and for most of the film was a rather credible smuggler. Bond managed to turn her to the side of right and virtue!

Yes it's time to figure out whatever happened to Tiffany Case? Did she return to her smuggling ways? Or did she stay with the angels? I will let our writers tell us what happened to the film or book character after her dealings with Bond!
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Willard Whyte had her ship steer in circles, so she never set foot on mainland again.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Tiffany always did enjoy to be surrounded by luxurious items, the perfect job landed in her lap as she became Tiffany & Co's top designer of bags. Her signature piece with separate compartments to hold a different coloured wig for every day of the week made Tiffany enough money to leave behind all thoughts of smuggling again.

To this day the Tiffany 'Wig-Wam Bam Thank You Ma'am' Case by Tiffany Case is the company's number one selling item.
    The Tiffany from the novel? She got married, she had children and lived happily ever after.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Tiffany Case eventually married Alexander Mundy – a thief now in the employee of the US government. Clearly, after the events of DAF, Ms. Case found the world of spying exciting. Who knows, maybe she – like her new husband – decided to smuggle on behalf of the government.
    Stephen-Sorokoff-1649.jpg

Al, I'm not asking you to spy...just steal.
    To see what happened to Tiffany Case in the novels, read the chapter titled "Bond Cocu" from John Pearson's Bond biography.

Now, on to another character who also knew that diamonds are a girl's best friend. With her faithful companion, she visited Venice, Paris, Japan, Switzerland, Las Vegas, before finding herself in London. Whatever became of Blofeld's Cat ?

I have my idea, but I would like to see yours first.
  • There wasn't much else left to go for Tiffany in Las Vegas. Hope she moved out to better opportunities or I fear she may have become someone you can meet at a cat house.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,609
    After falling into the chimney she (the cat, not Tiffany) was permanently black, assumed a new identity and from then on kept away from noblemen, bald heads and armchairs.
    Except that that poor cat never came close to that chimney. She ran away as soon as the helicopter approached the chair, don't you remember ? As for me, I think that after the demise of her master, she erred in the streets of London, destitute, for many years. And then :

She haunted many a low resort
    Near the grimy road of Tottenham Court
    She flitted about the no man's land
    From "The Rising Sun" to "The Friend at Hand"
    And the postman sighed as he scratched his head
    "You'd really have thought she'd ought to be dead."
    And who would ever suppose that that
    Was Whatsername, Blofeld's cat?

But I believe that her story might have a good ending. After all, the next Jellicle Night isn't so far away, and I've heard that that Old Deuteronomy fellow (or is it lady ? Hard to see the difference these days) is a real pussycat at heart.
    Nice poem!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Except that that poor cat never came close to that chimney. She ran away as soon as the helicopter approached the chair, don't you remember ?
    Ok, I missed that one, but she must have either searched for him in the chimney or jumped after him. How else would she be black now?
    Nice thought on the dear Miss Case! I must admit as a youth I had a crush on Tiffany Case. After watching TB with the watch along on Bonds and friends it struck me that Pinder ("our man here") survived the TB mission, although he got on the bad side of the Governor of the Bahamas. He assisted Bond and then wasn't seen at all in the 3rd act of the film. So my dear friends, what ever happened to Pinder from TB?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    "Pinder's dead."
    No. After the mission, he joined the family business : a very famous circus in France.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_Pinder

A move General Medrano should have made, instead of launching himself into politics.
    No. Pinder died soon after the events of TB, but not before being driven to madness by the ghost of Paula Caplan. Upon learning of his death, Bond responded with a compassionate, "Okay". Funnily enough, next time Bond visited Nassau, he would be forced to team up with an overly emotional chap, one Pinder Jr.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Pinder loved working with Bond, but when he left the Bahama's, all the 'intelligence' had to do was keep track of some Cubans who might/ might not work with the russians. When that line also dried up, inder started boozing, and beecame known as 'the pinter'. He sadly drowned after walking off the warf with a bottle of rum to his mouth, singing '...and he strikes....' '...and he strikes, like pinderball!'
    Oh my you guys just made my bleak Monday better! Love it @QBranch I laughed hard at that one. Pinder Jr. LOL! @CommanderRoss Pinderball! LOL! Great stuff guys!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Pinder done that.
    Thanks for thelove thedove! Your cheque's in themail.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    @thedove. Hopefully the coming days will be better. Keep the faith.

As for Pinder…… After the exciting drama of Operation Thunderball, all of his other assignments seemed dull. Bored, Pinder decided to retire and move to New York City – where he quickly learned that even crossing the street required “bondian” like moves 😊. Happy at last, he opened up a chain of food outlets, but was soon bought out by a mysterious “Mr. Big.”
    Love when we tie two movies together! Well done @Dwayne

I always imagined Pinder soaked up the sun for the rest of his career. He had to tip toe around the Governor for the power failure for the precious minutes of the TB case. But he was able to make it to retirement!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Eventually appointed to CBE-–Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire!

Time to shamelessly revive our creative and funny thread. I scrolled through and laughed at some of the ideas of our creative community. Other characters have provided us with some serious thoughts.

Lets jump to a more recent film and perhaps discuss whatever happened to Paloma from NTTD. Did she stay in Cuba as a rookie agent, or did her brush with Bond have her leaving the island looking for bigger adventures. What ever happened to Paloma from NTTD?
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited June 2022 Posts: 2,483
    Ideally she left Cuba and moved to mine 😅

No seriously, like Bond says she was excellent, so I'd hope she'd either been promoted or even take over Felix's job at the CIA. I'm really happy she survived NTTD, shame they wrote such a fun likeable character in such a small role, she would have made a brilliant main Bond girl
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Paloma turned out to be the best CIA agent in years. Her clumsiness turned out to be an asset, distracting big crime bosses, seducing high ranking officials and even presidents. She was as much beloved, reverred, and respected and brought peace and prosperity to most of South America.
    Thankfully, she herself hardly noticed her impact. She just did what she loved doing the most.
    Indeed. However, her pathological habit of vomiting each time she said a lie kinda put a damper on her career in the intelligence business. She ended up joining the navy, and became the second woman to be accepted in the SEALS (the first one had become a private detective, before turning bad).
    I've not read through all the entries in this post - and it is an EXCELLENT one ! So, perhaps someone mentioned this character by now, and I apologize in advance...quite surprised she was not one of the first characters in your list - Sylvia Trench !!!
    Jaws and Dolly, as a couple, became an international model for romance. They appeared live with a singing act, they promoted Romance travel on TV commercials, in print and in Info-mercials, they appeared as book characters over and over on a variety of Romance novels - including some very racy nude ones with most private bits barely covered by flowers, each other, animals, etc. They also own a winery - with some of the hillside acreage we saw in MR, including the house which Jaws fell into, and then exited, having survived. He satirizes the moment in their TV ads for the wines they sell under their own label: walking out of the house, stops, turns around, looks up, turns back to the audience, shrugs and then starts speaking to the audience about their wines...she walks up, takes his hand, smiles at the audience and then leads him to the rows and rows of grapes, clearly leading him into the vineyard to...um...press the juice from a pair of grapes. He smiles at the audience, winks and follows her.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Paloma. MORE TRAINING! AND HER OWN FILM!!!
    Paloma...moves to Miami and opens a dance studio.