Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die'

1515253545557»

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nomi is the new cast member I'm most interested in meeting, and learning how her 00 methods differ from Bond's.
  • JanusMatrixJanusMatrix Santiago
    I am assuming everyone has seen and discussed the SAFIN teaser on the 007 Bond Official account that reveals new details not even seen in the trailer, especially about Madeline...plus many extra scenes...
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'm really interested to see how they use Nomi and Paloma in the film. Do they share scenes or is Paloma a "replacement" for Nomi until Paloma exits the film then Nomi comes back into the picture. It's clear that Ana De Armas, has a scene in the film but I wonder if she comes back into the picture later in the film and EON have kept their cards close to their chest on it.
    I'm still holding out that Nomi is a double agent, I just think her character isn't really needed in terms of the plot if she is a just a rookie 007, whereas if she was a double agent working for Safin, then it adds so much more to her character. We'd have her tailing Bond, getting close to him, gaining his trust, then ultimately betraying him. Plus it would make more sense in terms of why, we the audience, should care about her journey and her as a character. Instead of how it may come across as a female agent shoehorned in to be Bond's equal
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    @Jordo007 I think Nomi is part of the Santiago sequence, not sure if she will share the screen with Ana though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 16 Posts: 3,873
    I don’t think Nomi will be a double agent; firstly it would just be reductive to have another double agent within MI6, and also extremely wasteful to finally include another 00 agent and a female one at that, only for her to be a villain and be killed. Kinda lazy writing imo.

I would’ve loved for Paloma to have been a proper femme-fatale, and maybe even fight Nomi in the third-act, but from what we’ve seen and the vibe I get from her character, I think she’ll remain good and either die in Cuba or live to die another day, and then we don’t see her again.
  • mtmmtm
    Yes I don't want Nomi to be a double agent, I'd like her to be a hero.

Paloma looks quite sparky and fun, but I have a feeling she's a bit of a Pola Ivanova. Not here for a long time but a fun time.
    At least with Paloma we are going to get a kick ass shoot out scene. Struggling to think the last time we had a proper one of those. Spectre’s base escape doesnt count.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Mallory wrote: »
    @Jordo007 I think Nomi is part of the Santiago sequence, not sure if she will share the screen with Ana though.

Cool cheers mate @Mallory, I am looking forward to seeing the banter between Bond and Nomi

I'm excited to see Bond and Paloma in action. Ana and Daniel look to have great chemistry in the trailer, they were great together in Knives Out
    I think the Cuba sequence is going to be a real highlight of the film, along with that forest scene
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

@Mallory

Nomi with Valdo on the balcony, shooting at a baddie standing on the opposite balcony (the spectre event/dance hall). Meanwhile Bond and Paloma are busy fighting and shooting in the dance hall lobby. Bond steps out, shooting. Paloma comes out firing at the driver in the car. That car goes straight at wooden structure next to Nomi/Valdo. He jumps over to the structure that collapse. You can see Valdo with the metal case on the structure before he comes falling down with Bond already near him.

SXS0VUF.jpg
    1tFhdBw.jpg
    TUdPIWy.jpg
    aXDDoTC.jpg
    qQaChrd.jpg
    gfch7FR.jpg
    WuatuPV.jpg

Check out my ridiculously layout I made a few months ago :))

eovRkaT.jpg
    @Contraband That is ridiculous! Good job though!
  • JanusMatrixJanusMatrix Santiago
    I have my fingers crossed for the SANTIAGO sequence...Nomi has evil vibes though.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I have my fingers crossed for the SANTIAGO sequence...Nomi has evil vibes though.

She sees Bond as a big problem, someone who’s interfering with her mission. He’s with CIA after all.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    At least with Paloma we are going to get a kick ass shoot out scene. Struggling to think the last time we had a proper one of those. Spectre’s base escape doesnt count.

SPECTRE's base escape might be one of the most underwhelming, underutilized sequences in any Bond film. Quite the missed opportunity.
    @Ryan It would have been far more interesting if Swann was the one doing the shooting whilst trying to protect a very disorientated Bond.
    @Ryan It would have been far more interesting if Swann was the one doing the shooting whilst trying to protect a very disorientated Bond.

Very good idea, @mallory... that would have added to the tension that should have been there.

Plus, no matter how well Swann shot, SPECTRE Agents should have made an imposing threat. Adding to more suspense and tension that just wasnt there (they're closing in on disoriented Bond and Maddy, she now runs out of bullets, now what??...)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    peter wrote: »

Very good idea, @mallory... that would have added to the tension that should have been there.

Plus, no matter how well Swann shot, SPECTRE Agents should have made an imposing threat. Adding to more suspense and tension that just wasnt there (they're closing in on disoriented Bond and Maddy, she now runs out of bullets, now what??...)

Also, M could have sent a team to rescue bond & Swann out of that lair.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    BTS Nokia ad with Lashana