Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    Anyone feeling a little embarrassed to be a Bond fan at the moment?

No yet,but i'm close.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

I did for the first couple days but I'm kinda over it. Can't feel responsible for how stupid other people are.
    No. Why do you ask?

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Not quite there yet. But it's only Thursday.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

I just find the whole situation quite laughable at the moment...

Hopefully embarrassment isn't something i'll feel when i see the finished product.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Nomi will not lose her status. I'm calling it right now, there will be a scene at the end of the movie where Craig hands off the mantle to her and she gets either a spin-off series or becomes 007 forever.

God I hope not...that would put me off going to see the film for sure.
    I would probably rent it on SKY when it comes out,to see if I can tolerate it before I think about buying it.

They almost did it after DAD, remember? The character Jinx was all set up to be in a spin-off series, strong black woman and all.

Yep...but not as 007....THATS the problem.

Doesn't matter. See, it's the slowly boiling frog analogy. When precedence is set, it's easier to push the agenda forward into a more focused, physical, and more powerful reality. Jinx was just a first, tentative step. In today's hyper PC culture, the #metoo movement, the active push against "toxic masculinity", and everything else, this is all they need.

Perhaps Bond 25's title should be

Toxic Masculinity

;))

MG wanted

Death To Spies

but Phoebe Waller-Bridge telephoned Babs and said "don't listen to him, go with Toxic Masculinity!"

"Don't you think that's a bit too extreme, Phoebe?"

"Well I actually prefer 'Kill All Men' as the title, Barbara, but 'Toxic Masculinity' will do!"

:D

'The Woke Is Not Enough'.......i'll get my coat....
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I don’t feel embarrassed. Sexist racists are gonna do what they’re gonna do.
  • RC7RC7

I always make the naive mistake of thinking we’re a bit of a cut above your average hardcore fan base. This week has shown me that we certainly aren’t.
    You know what's the worst part of this entire thing?

When the new 007 will have a small role and non-fans with 10 IQ will attack the Bond franchise for ...whatever reason

It will be even worse than Bond fans who think that new 007 is same as new Bond and are having issues with it

The only problem I have with the whole thing is how we are seeing the "Damn, Bond is kinda old tho" story line 3 times in a row and these stories are seeming non-creative at all.

Bond being retired - forced.

Bond and Blofeld being brothers - forced

Bond and Madeline's relationship - forced

Bond and Madeline ending up together - forced

The whole Blofeld thing - forced

So... a movie which is a continuation of another movie full of forcing things... cannot escape forcing stuff. So it has to follow up on Bond and Madeline... it has to follow up on Bond and SPECTRE... It has to follow up on Bond and Blofeld... it has to follow up on Bond being retired...

Of course this whole thing is forced.

SkyFall - Bond "dies" in the PTS and enjoys "retirement/death"

SPECTRE - Bond goes rogue

B25 - Bond is retired

Come on.............
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @dragonsky I agree that the content of Spectre was unfortunate but I don't think Bond 25 should bare the burden of another films mistakes. Bond 25 has been kind of written into a corner, which I think was the start of their problems. Skyfall was easy cause it was a fresh start and Spectre should've been but failed. Bond 25 is gonna do it's own thing to be the best film it can but it couldn't have avoided the storylines it's going to deal with.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,677

I always make the naive mistake of thinking we’re a bit of a cut above your average hardcore fan base. This week has shown me that we certainly aren’t.

+1

Right? How sad is that?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I see Anna De Armas images...

giphy.gif

I don't feel any more embarrassed to be a Bond fan, than I do about those on the opposing 'side' (for want of a better word) appointing themselves Racismfinder Generals. Fans, because they are still fans on both sides, need to take Frankie's advice and just.... relax.
  • RC7RC7
    I see Anna De Armas images...

giphy.gif

I don't feel any more embarrassed to be a Bond fan, than I do about those on the opposing 'side' (for want of a better word) appointing themselves Racismfinder Generals. Fans, because they are still fans on both sides, need to take Frankie's advice and just.... relax.

Some of us are in the middle, which is the problem. It’s just two sides bleating.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    dragonsky wrote: »

When the new 007 will have a small role and non-fans with 10 IQ will attack the Bond franchise for ...whatever reason

It will be even worse than Bond fans who think that new 007 is same as new Bond and are having issues with it

The only problem I have with the whole thing is how we are seeing the "Damn, Bond is kinda old tho" story line 3 times in a row and these stories are seeming non-creative at all.

So... a movie which is a continuation of another movie full of forcing things... cannot escape forcing stuff. So it has to follow up on Bond and Madeline... it has to follow up on Bond and SPECTRE... It has to follow up on Bond and Blofeld... it has to follow up on Bond being retired...

B25 - Bond is retired

Come on.............

You do have a point hopefully next era will change that
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    I've had my optimism goggles on since the start of the production and I won't be taking them off anytime soon. I truly believe it will be a good Bond film. The only thing that somewhat embarrasses me as a Bond fan at the moment is the way some people are reacting to the Nomi news, especially those YouTube channels who always have something to give out about being 'woke'.
    infovise wrote: »
    I've had my optimism goggles on since the start of the production and I won't be taking them off anytime soon. I truly believe it will be a good Bond film. The only thing that somewhat embarrasses me as a Bond fan at the moment is the way some people are reacting to the Nomi news, especially those YouTube channels who always have something to give out about being 'woke'.

Yeah unfortunately it will probably taint the film for people because of opinions
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497
    007Blofeld wrote: »

B25 - Bond is retired

Come on.............

The only forced thing on that list is the Blofeld thing. Imho. It was executed horribly . I personally would not have included him in this picture bare a small reference.

That will be another "forced" thing, but again: the nitpicking about Craig's era has baffled me. He went rogue before, he did controversial stuff before... BETRAYING M? WUT?

And did you know that "OH NOES A BLACK 007" is now on the main page of this far right newssite here in Belgium?
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland

Yeah unfortunately it will probably taint the film for people because of opinions [/quote]

Hopefully once the teaser trailer drops people's worries will be laid to rest.

Yeah unfortunately it will probably taint the film for people because of opinions

Hopefully once the teaser trailer drops people's worries will be laid to rest.[/quote]

Yes
    JamesCraig wrote: »

B25 - Bond is retired

Come on.............

The only forced thing on that list is the Blofeld thing. Imho. It was executed horribly . I personally would not have included him in this picture bare a small reference.

That will be another "forced" thing, but again: the nitpicking about Craig's era has baffled me. He went rogue before, he did controversial stuff before... BETRAYING M? WUT?

And did you know that "OH NOES A BLACK 007" is now on the main page of this far right newssite here in Belgium?

Well that's the wide gap of society for ya be it far right or far left. Yeah they really didn't plan this era out well which who knows if they really do or not everything definitely seems on the fly.
    bondsum wrote: »
    For those that want to read the Telegraph article written by Madeline Grant titled "We hardcore Bond fans crave escapism - not a morality tale of #MeToo and toxic masculinity" but can't due to the newspaper website having a paywall, Nerdrotic on Youtube shows it in full and gives it his own breakdown.

Watching this right now... it's spot on.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    It’s amusing to me how those who claim be above race and gender get easily triggered when stuff like this happens with fictional entertainment.

Hopefully once the teaser trailer drops people's worries will be laid to rest.[/quote]

We are overdue for a teaser.
    It’s amusing to me how those who claim be above race and gender get easily triggered when stuff like this happens with fictional entertainment.

I keep going back and forth on this thing is he retired before the me too thing so maybe its coincidental and then not to be relevant to today's world I don't know

We are overdue for a teaser.[/quote]

I actually wrote that opinions part

I actually wrote that opinions part [/quote]

Yes, and?

Yes, and? [/quote]

Give me Royalties lol

Yes, and?

Give me Royalties lol[/quote]

:-j

Yes, and?

Give me Royalties lol

:-j [/quote]

😂
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Seriously lads, use the quote function correctly and stop these visual stains on our beloved board.