No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Is today just the teaser for the actual trailer?
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Is today just the teaser for the actual trailer?

Yeah, trailer drops some time Thursday (London time)
    I hope it focuses more on
    Jamaica and Cuba
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Univex wrote: »
    Jamaica and Cuba

It has more action, so I heard. ;)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Jamaica and Cuba

And car chase scenes from Norway
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Jamaica and Cuba

That'll be nice as well ;) What else have you heard, Marcos?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Jamaica and Cuba

That'll be nice as well ;) What else have you heard, Marcos?

Nothing.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Jamaica and Cuba

And car chase scenes from Norway

That scene certainly looks pretty spectacular from what we saw in the Land Rover promos etc.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm hoping to see more of our great Bond girls; Nomi, Paloma and Madeleine :)
    Denbigh wrote: »

I want to see the auxillary characters like Valdo and Ash, of which we've seen nothing of in the movie
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I want to see the auxillary characters like Valdo and Ash, of which we've seen nothing of in the movie
    Ooo yeah some more of those would be great too :)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    It would be great if Paloma is in another scene. Even if it looks like the party in Cuba might be her only scene.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    It would be great if Paloma is in another scene. Even if it looks like the party in Cuba might be her only scene.

I think we are all setting ourselves up for disappointment with Ana. I dont think she will be in the film for long, the Cuba bit and nothing else. If I recall correctly, De Armas didnt even make the poster credits.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I wonder if it will be a shorter, leaner trailer - less focused on dialogue and story and more focused on the action and spectacle. Considering the times we are in, it would make sense that they would try and lure people in with a good old-fashioned, explosive approach. Especially after Tenet.
    Mallory wrote: »

I think we are all setting ourselves up for disappointment with Ana. I dont think she will be in the film for long, the Cuba bit and nothing else. If I recall correctly, De Armas didnt even make the poster credits.

Yeah, sadly. That's going to be the case.
    I wonder if it will be a shorter, leaner trailer - less focused on dialogue and story and more focused on the action and spectacle. Considering the times we are in, it would make sense that they would try and lure people in with a good old-fashioned, explosive approach. Especially after Tenet.

Yeah. Exactly! Something Visceral would suffice. I think they can save the cerebral part for the film itself.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,057

Better to have her in that not. To me she is leading lady material. Perhaps she will “do a Maude” and come back in a future film. That said, I’d love to see Rosamund Pike back.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469

Seems like she will have a similar role as Sofia in John Wick 3; appear as a wingman/ally for Bond in a certain area/country and then go off on her own way.

Better to have her in that not. To me she is leading lady material. Perhaps she will “do a Maude” and come back in a future film. That said, I’d love to see Rosamund Pike back.

Yeah, I'm sure there are Bond girls we individually would like or would have liked to return. I know Solange, Severine and Lucia are beautiful, but the prospect of seeing Paloma in one locale is quite hurting....not just because she's extremely beautiful, but because she's an action-type Bond girl.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,869
    We've still got Nomi and Madeleine though :) I can't wait for all three of them, no matter how big their roles.
    Frankly, as think this has been a Bond g...women centric production, I'm more keen on seeing Bond do his stuff.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes I have found it a little odd how folks seem to have thought she's a big star of the movie; as you say, all signs point to her only being in it for a short while. She's a fantastic talent, but I don't think she has a big part in this film.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Interesting catch about the France release date. Maybe we will see it moved ahead?

France's November 11th release date was confirmed a week after the delay back in March.

In Singapore its November 12th..
  • duke_togoduke_togo france

Seems like it will be the first time that Bond won't be involved romantically or/and physically with two leading bondgirls (Nomi and Paloma).
    duke_togo wrote: »

Seems like it will be the first time that Bond won't be involved romantically or/and physically with two leading bondgirls (Nomi and Paloma).

Wait WHAT
    @duke_togo I think Bond and Paloma will, but no hanky panky with Nomi.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    mtm wrote: »

Yes I have found it a little odd how folks seem to have thought she's a big star of the movie; as you say, all signs point to her only being in it for a short while. She's a fantastic talent, but I don't think she has a big part in this film.

Yeah. All we can hope for, is for her to make a good impression with her limited screentime and she might well do that....she's that good.
    duke_togo wrote: »

I have been wondering if this will be the first monogamous Bond. I remember reading a story about an intimacy coordinator being hired for Craig and de Armas, but that may have just been a baseless rumor. Perhaps after Bond and Madeleine separate and Bond is in Jamaica, he has relations with a brief, random woman, a la the girl in Skyfall as he is “enjoying death?”
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164
    I think de Armas denied the intimacy coordinator rumour in an interview somewhere?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I also don't see how they'll have time. Between the Cuba party sequence and the boat sequence. I also don't even know if Paloma will survive the Cuba sequences.