No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,630
    mtm wrote: »
    What's that in between the hashtag and the Twitter address? Is it the full cast and crew listing thing in a microdot? :D

NTTDblurb.jpg

It appears to be the distribution/trademark/copyright information.

EDIT: Similar to this.
    i67yb0s6rkk51.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    What's that in between the hashtag and the Twitter address? Is it the full cast and crew listing thing in a microdot? :D

NTTDblurb.jpg

It appears to be the distribution/trademark/copyright information.

I don't recall seeing that take up six lines of long text before..? Maybe though.
  • I wonder if the picture in the poster is from the gunbarrel shoot...
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    We are on for November, happy days!
    Mallory wrote: »

so far and I don't care if I have to wear mask I don't get popcorn etc I want to see it!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Contraband wrote: »
    Wonder if that still was taken for the poster or at the shoot. Tuxedo Havana Spectre meeting comes in mind but haven't seen him at all with the handgun in those scenes we have so far

It's interesting that you mentioned that @Contraband, because if you notice the original file name for the poster is: "NTTD_DIGTAL_1SHEET_ICONIC_TUX_OV"

@marketto007 I see. What does OV mean?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Risico007 wrote: »

so far and I don't care if I have to wear mask I don't get popcorn etc I want to see it!

Me neither. Watching Tenet with the mask was atrocious but for Bond I’ll be happy to do it.
    Yeah I'm liking that a lot. It's tricky to find a new Bond pose! :)
    My initial thoughts when seeing this poster is "What the hell is up with the photoshopping?"

In what way? Looks fine to me. The background means it's fairly unforgiving when it comes to the cutting-out job, but it's decent.

To me, the masking looks a bit too soft. It's a movement shot, but still, they could have sharpened up the masking around the back of his hair at least. It looks a bit…odd against the black background.

Maybe slightly, but they've drawn hair in to make up for it. I think it's likely the photo was actually a bit soft at the edges (especially towards the bottom of the shot as I think he was actually moving as the photo was taken) and you don't want a solid edge as it really would just look cut out. I think it's a hard thing to do to put someone on such a contrasty graphic background.

I think the big 7 is a really nice idea and I'm kind of annoyed I didn't think of it first :)

All true, and I wasn't suggesting a solid edge – but I think they could have sharpened certain spots a little bit more to make the soft masking less noticeable.

Other than that, I think it's alright. Blown up shapes, like they've done here with blowing up the logo so much that you only see a section of it, is done so often these days. Nothing wrong with that of course (it's a great logo), but if it were up to me, I would actually drop the big 7 and just give the background a solid colour – maybe with a bit of grain to compliment the image of Craig.
    matt_u wrote: »

Me neither. Watching Tenet with the mask was atrocious but for Bond I’ll be happy to do it.

@matt_u You should wear a full Noh-ask then.. Hahaha

Someone should start producing black covid face masks with the NTTD/007 logo in white and sell online. Then again, EON/MGM would go after the seller with a torch

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Someone should start producing black covid face masks with the NTTD/007 logo in white and sell online. Then again, EON/MGM would go after the seller with a torch

Look on ebay 😉
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,957

It does seem like a pretty inexpensive thing film companies could sell in cinema foyers and actually get advertising space on peoples' faces!
    I guess maybe there's not a huge amount of cash in it.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

It does seem like a pretty inexpensive thing film companies could sell in cinema foyers and actually get advertising space on peoples' faces!

They could include it with the tie in pop corn bucket and cup.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Red_Snow wrote: »

They could include it with the tie in pop corn bucket and cup.

Good point, seems a no-brainer doesn't it?

I don't know what's resonable to charge for a mask. Here in Sweden we don't wear masks at all. But I'm pretty sure EON & co could make a pretty big buck selling those, both at the cinema and online. I mean, the pandemic effects everybody and NTTD will be shown in many cinemas worldwide.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Reminds me of this classic image..................

Never-Say-Never-Again-Sean-Connery.jpg

When I compare these two shots of Craig and Connery it shows what Connery brought to the role, an easy combination of threat as well as self assured humor.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I always look at that image and think 'why didn't they add hairpieces at the sides on his temples where his hair has receded there?' :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I always look at that image and think 'why didn't they add hairpieces at the sides on his temples where his hair has receded there?' :)

His track record with hair pieces wasn't exactly without any blemishes up to that point, to be fair! :P
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Or the Skeketon mask from SP!

Just the thought of watching a Bond film dealing with a killer virus/biological weapon wearing a protective face mask it’s gonna be quite unpleasant. This film better be really good... :D
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554

His track record with hair pieces wasn't exactly without any blemishes up to that point, to be fair! :P

It's my only knock on SC as Bond. In many cases, the wig looks plain silly.
    face masks with cracks similar to Safin's mask??????
    Well if this film comes out in november I am fully prepared to eat my words. All along I thought there was no chance. I wonder what advice they are taking regarding potential box office etc

However, I’ll still not be 100% convinced till November 21st. Schools and universities are going back this week

What’s the deal in France and Spain with cinemas?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Wonder if that still was taken for the poster or at the shoot. Tuxedo Havana Spectre meeting comes in mind but haven't seen him at all with the handgun in those scenes we have so far

It's interesting that you mentioned that @Contraband, because if you notice the original file name for the poster is: "NTTD_DIGTAL_1SHEET_ICONIC_TUX_OV"

@marketto007 I see. What does OV mean?

Original Version?
    Matt007 wrote: »
    What’s the deal in France and Spain with cinemas?
    In Spain cinemas are open with limited capacity. I saw Tenet last wednesday :)
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,018

6p92h3A.jpg
    vvxUqF0.jpg
    K2gB65Y.jpg
    H4OeH8m.jpg
    CwYqWTH.jpg
    Vg2sMv1.jpg
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 1,314
    Wait France are getting this 11th? That’s before the uk release? Maybe the uk release is coming forward
    Well....my states theaters still are not open and our numbers keep going up so guess I won't be seeing this until blu ray release next year.
    Interesting catch about the France release date. Maybe we will see it moved ahead?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,443
    Since there delay the official cinema pathe.nl website credit the Dutch release on 12 November, very normal for Netherlands because it is on Thursday. Uk get possible get same date because Friday is Friday 13th.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland
    I will just add that 20 November in Poland sounds plausible since most of our releases are on friday... however I assume that the showings will start around 17th-18th
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    Slightly wider instagram version:

If looks could kill...
    Best Bond ever.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited September 2020 Posts: 972
    [img][/img]

Hoping for a version without the NTTD text covering it...

Looking forward to the new trailer on Thursday!