No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Walecs wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Throwing a used tampon in the bin, is a bit too much for a Bond film, but there's no reason she couldn't use one to a solve a problem during a mission. It's certainly something Bond is unlikely to think of using, could make for a humourous teamwork situation.

Agreed, it totally fits the humor of previous Austin Powers movies.
    Honestly, this tampon thing would ruin the movie for me even worse than the Brofeld thing, but luckily it's the kind of stuff a fan-edit can rid of.

Even if it was done with this level of confidence?

giphy.gif

No one can bring the effortless act of Sir Roger Moore :))
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    OMG!!!! Ana in those thigh high boots has wiped me out!!! :x :-t :))

Yes! Let's focus on the things that really matter \m/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I hope it's not a pube-lic bin. Eh eh eh.... alright, i'm out.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm with @boldfinger on this. I've never come across anything negative regarding Lashana. The way I see it, audiences neither scrutinize over such things the way we do nor are people surprised that we're going to play around a bit with gender, colour and whatnot. It's the way things are done nowadays, it's prevalent everywhere and in everything, but most of all, it's generally accepted. I felt that people's reaction to Lashana Lynch ranged from "okay' to "who is she? -- oh, the other actress in Captain Marvel!" to "could be interesting." I didn't read outrage or fury anywhere; not like when Disney announced a dark-skinned Ariel. ;-)
    @DarthDimi, I remember, your scream carried until over here ;-).

• For my part, I've also decided to believe that Lashana was speaking extemporaneously and/or metaphorically when she said that Nomi would be a character who "has issues with her weight."

I'm the first to step in and urge reason when people are getting shrill about a "FEMALE 007!!".

But. . .

For crying in the sink, has anyone ever really said, "Hmm, I wonder if that deadly, globetrotting, trained assasin/super spy has any body issues?"
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    octofinger wrote: »
    For my part, I've also decided to believe that Lashana was speaking extemporaneously and/or metaphorically when she said that Nomi would be a character who "has issues with her weight."

I'm the first to step in and urge reason when people are getting shrill about a "FEMALE 007!!".

But. . .

For crying in the sink, has anyone ever really said, "Hmm, I wonder if that deadly, globetrotting, trained assasin/super spy has any body issues?"

I think she was just getting a bit ahead of herself with all that 'creativity' swirling around in her head, before anybody explained to her what a Bond film is or what those are about.

But i am confident that Barbara and Michael will keep that kind of shenenigans in check.

The only issues that would make sense for Lashana to explore here are the same ones that Daniel dealt with in CR, which is being a government Killer and how you're loosing a bit of your soul with doing that sort of job.. I really don't understand how weight issues and tampos are supposed to help with that. Sounds banal.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    00Agent wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    For my part, I've also decided to believe that Lashana was speaking extemporaneously and/or metaphorically when she said that Nomi would be a character who "has issues with her weight."

But. . .

I think she was just getting a bit ahead of herself with all that 'creativity' swirling around in her head, before anybody explained to her what a Bond film is or what those are about.

But i am confident that Barbara and Michael will keep that kind of shenenigans in check.

The only issues that would make sense for Lashana to explore here are the same ones that Daniel dealt with in CR, which is being a government Killer and how you're loosing a bit of your soul with doing that sort of job.. I really don't understand how weight issues and tampos are supposed to help with that. Sounds banal.

+1
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Jesus Christ. I think a lot of you have majorly misunderstood what she was trying to say...

PS Don’t know if anyone share it but here’s the full video...

• FKA Twigs is back with a new album.....perhaps a perfect contender for the title song

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    FKA Twigs is back with a new album.....perhaps a perfect contender for the title song

Yeah, Ok... 🙄
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    FKA Twigs is back with a new album.....perhaps a perfect contender for the title song

No, thank you.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. I think a lot of you have majorly misunderstood what she was trying to say...

PS Don’t know if anyone shared it but here’s the full video of the clip Ana shared on her Instagram...

I’m gonna boost this in case any missed it.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited November 2019 Posts: 8,021

James Bond is too boring to do something as interesting.

It would be much more forward thinking and innovative if they got David Arnold to produce a song with Shirley Bassey. It would easily top that charts and dominate the twitters.

@Denbigh what was she trying to say?
    edited November 2019 Posts: 8,026

It would be much more forward thinking and innovative if they got David Arnold to produce a song with Shirley Bassey. It would easily top that charts and dominate the twitters.

That song is simply awful, regardless of whether you like David Arnold or not.

That song is simply awful, regardless of whether you like David Arnold or not.

I was mostly taking the piss.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

That song is simply awful.
    It is indeed.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Well @007Blofeld, she's obviously joking and not being literal, and it seems obvious to me that she's just trying to say (in whatever way she wants) that they were making conscious decisions to make the female characters more down to earth and more realistic? I could be wrong about the latter, but I think I hit the nail on the head more than the people who think she actually wanted a scene like that in the film...

On a separate note what's happening to this site? It used to be fans and interesting discussions, now it's seemingly without logic and just a place people can make rash and weirdly insulting comments to either a member or the franchise itself?

Well @007Blofeld, she's obviously joking and not being literal, and it seems obvious to me that she's just trying to say (in whatever way she wants) that they were making conscious decisions to make the female characters more down to earth and more realistic? I could be wrong about the latter, but I think I hit the nail on the head more than the people who think she actually wanted a scene like that in the film...

On a separate note what's happening to this site? It used to be fans and interesting discussions, now it's seemingly without logic and just a place people can make rash and weirdly insulting comments to either a member or the franchise itself?

Oh ok @Denbigh
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

The problem with the internet is everyone thinks their opinion holds value that must be expressed, when they’re really just as worthless as ever.
    Minion wrote: »

The problem with the internet is everyone thinks their opinion holds value that must be expressed, when they’re really just as worthless as ever.

And people like to feel outraged about something these days.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

The problem with the internet is everyone thinks their opinion holds value that must be expressed.
    I can understand expressing their opinions, it just baffles me when it becomes more about insulting something or someone, or presenting the opinion as a fact that can't be disputed, especially when it comes to how someone thinks. For example, a lot of people seem to think they know what's going on in Barbara Broccoli's head for some reason.

I mean I'd get it if it was based on common sense, but at the end of the day it's just a way for people to present her as weak or incapable without any facts or logic to back it up, which is a real shame. Anyway, bit of a downer haha but I can't wait to see this film. Everything new we get just gets me even more excited. Bring on 2nd April 2020. Hell yeah :D

The problem with the internet is everyone thinks their opinion holds value that must be expressed.
    I can understand expressing their opinions, it just baffles me when it becomes more about insulting something or someone, or presenting the opinion as a fact that can't be disputed, especially when it comes to how someone thinks. For example, a lot of people seem to think they know what's going on in Barbara Broccoli's head for some reason.

Barbara is famously an open book. ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Barbara is famously an open book. ;)

I immediately started singing Live and Let Die haha :D
    giphy.gif

• I've read the comments above on THR article and then read the article. The comments above gave me the impression that a scene featuring Lynch throwing a tampon into a bin had been filmed. The article says that it was ONE conversation between Lynch and Fukunaga. I repeat ONE conversation. That suggests it hasn't even been filmed nevermind making the final cut. Could people please not get so hyperbolic?!
    This film better not get too far off
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Contraband wrote: »
    Connor wrote: »
    The No Time to Die girls are rocking the magazine covers this month. Waller-Bridge is the feature of none other than Vogue for December's issue!

https://twitter.com/voguemagazine/status/1192079270941732865

Dead link..

While everyone goes goo-goo over Ana (and for good reason), I must say: I prefer Phoebe. There is something down-to-earth and real about her. It would be great if CJF found a small cameo for her.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    The No Time to Die girls are rocking the magazine covers this month. Waller-Bridge is the feature of none other than Vogue for December's issue!

Dead link..

While everyone goes goo-goo over Ana (and for good reason), I must say: I prefer Phoebe. There is something down-to-earth and real about her. It would be great if CJF found a small cameo for her.
    If she is going to write Bond 26, why not write a role for herself
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

Dead link..

I'm hoping Phoebe has managed to get her hands on the Bond/Q scenes. Her humour is perfect for their infamous interactions :)
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

Dead link..

I'm hoping Phoebe has managed to get her hands on the Bond/Q scenes. Her humour is perfect for their infamous interactions :)
    I could seriously see her playing Q's assistant. That quirky, awkwardness I've seen from her and her writing suggests that she could pull off a belter of a Q scene.