No Time to Die production thread

112101212121412151216

Comments

  • DragonpolDragonpol Schloss Drache
    Posts: 15,639
    antovolk wrote: »
    Aaaand here are our confirmed bonus features on the Blu-ray/DVD:

    https://www.spio-fsk.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?vvid=130835

    A Global Journey 007:29
    Anatomy of a Scene: Matera 011:02
    Designing Bond 010:35
    Keeping it real: The Action of No Time To Die 005:58
    Being James Bond 044:38

    Now that's a healthy bunch of extras if I ever saw one.
  • MeanwhileMeanwhile Brooklyn
    Posts: 32
    Damn. I was hoping for a commentary track or two. Would have been great to have one with Cary and even perhaps Linus since they seem like such a close team, and perhaps another a La Casino Royale or Skyfall with inserts from the crew or moderated by Barbara.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,330
    antovolk wrote: »
    Aaaand here are our confirmed bonus features on the Blu-ray/DVD:

    https://www.spio-fsk.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?vvid=130835

    A Global Journey 007:29
    Anatomy of a Scene: Matera 011:02
    Designing Bond 010:35
    Keeping it real: The Action of No Time To Die 005:58
    Being James Bond 044:38

    Damn no commentaries?!?

  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 37,079
    Another barebones release, doesn't surprise me in the slightest. They really don't care much about these home video releases anymore, what a damn shame that is. I'll go with the regular 4K release, not shelling out any more for generic steelbooks this time around.
  • Posts: 802
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Another barebones release, doesn't surprise me in the slightest. They really don't care much about these home video releases anymore, what a damn shame that is. I'll go with the regular 4K release, not shelling out any more for generic steelbooks this time around.

    They'll want to hold some back for (I assume) a big 4k release of all 25 films. (I hope).
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,755
    NTTD being released on VOD Tuesday!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 12,284
    You may remember this Hungarian Kedvenc crossword puzzle book with a photo of Craig from the B25 launch at Goldeneye:

    51070635646_76f1afa122_o.png

    Well, here's one in a similar vein - I give you Telegid, the Ukrainian TV guide with DC from the Matera photo call:

    51657030882_cef882b8de_o.png
    51658069328_bb4b645fb2_o.png

    Also features horoscopes for three Bond actors including young Craig!
    51657845651_63853c5e98_o.png
  • KOPKOP
    Posts: 14
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Aaaand here are our confirmed bonus features on the Blu-ray/DVD:

    https://www.spio-fsk.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?vvid=130835

    A Global Journey 007:29
    Anatomy of a Scene: Matera 011:02
    Designing Bond 010:35
    Keeping it real: The Action of No Time To Die 005:58
    Being James Bond 044:38

    Damn no commentaries?!?

    If I'm not mistaken, the FSK document only states that the listed video supplements (almost 80 minutes in total) are approved for ages over twelve years in Germany. That surely doesn't rule out one or more commentaries being included on video releases.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 37,079
    Can't seem to get that preview working for me but I'll remain hopeful it is indeed getting a VOD release on Tuesday.
  • Posts: 307
    Read on IG ahead of the PVOD of Tuesday there's a 4 minutes clip from the movie. Someone able to very or capture it?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,017
    Read on IG ahead of the PVOD of Tuesday there's a 4 minutes clip from the movie. Someone able to very or capture it?

    @MattiaDeVarti007

    Link??

  • Posts: 307


    Try to watch and seems to be there, but only for those who are in the US unfortunately...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,017


    Try to watch and seems to be there, but only for those who are in the US unfortunately...

    Dead link. Page removed
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 5,806
    Per Contraband's Instagram page, it looks like NTTD will be available to rent on Amazon Prime Video on Tuesday, November 9th (USA Only; get those VPNs!).
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,330


  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,229
    Aussie fans pay attention. NTTD is officially leaked online in HD.

    @Contraband perhaps I missed something... but did you liked the film?!?
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 3,162
    Pretty incredible attention to detail in the scene where Madeleine tells Bond about Safin - the newspaper article she shows him about the family being poisoned is written in genuine Russian and has a ton of actual backstory details.
    SUSPICIOUS DEATH OF KAZAN-BASED PHARMACEUTICAL ENTREPRENEUR
    Kazan-based entrepreneur Gostan Safin and members of his family were suddenly afflicted by a mysterious illness during their time at the family's private resort on the Kuril islands. Initially, doctors suspected that the cause of the illness was severe food poisoning.

    In a press statement released by representatives of the pharmaceutical billionaire, it was stated that Safin, 54, his wife Maria, 41, daughter Irina and three sons: Vadim, 22, Ilnaz, 18 and Lyutsifer, 16, were afflicted by a mysterious illness while spending time at their private family estate, located on one of the unnamed Kuril islands.

    The whole family was urgently brought by helicopter to a private hospital in the town of Severo-Kurilsk. This hospital was founded by Safin himself and is owned by his pharmaceutical conglomerate. Despite the best efforts by the doctors and nurses, Gostan, his wife and daughter soon passed away in the hospital as a result of the mysterious poisoning.

    Doctor Zorin from the Kiln Institute in Severo-Kurilsk confirmed in a press statement that following a pathoanatomical analysis, the cause of death of Mr. Safin, his wife, daughter and two elder sons, is poisoning by botulism, from a toxin of vegetative origin. The youngest son of Safin, Lyutsifer, the only member of the family who remains alive, is currently in a coma. Doctors believe his condition is otherwise currently stable.

    A representative of the Safin family refused to comment on theories that Gostan Safin's family came into contact with the deadly poison in one of his own labs. They said that at the moment, the priority is the recovery of the only remaining member of the family, the youngest son Lyutsifer.

    The 16-year old Lyutsifer Safin will inherit his father's massive inheritance, which includes property, factories and pharmaceutical enterprises. A source close to the family confirmed that Lyutsifer will indeed receive control of his late father's empire. Not long before his death, Gostan Safin planned to expand his pharmaceutical company to the global market. He also planned to change the direction of the company's wide-ranging research activity from state-sponsored biological weapon programs to more profitable manufacturing of medicines for the domestic market. It is suspected that this course of action will continue under his son's leadership. Representatives from Safin's group of companies declined to respond to speculation of foreign journalists about possible IPOs on international stock exchanges, or releasing stocks to the global market.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,229
    That’s cool! I was wondering what that article on the newspaper stated about their poisoning. Safin being 16 makes sense.
    The attention to detail is crazy, the only big error they made was Blofeld’s date of birth on Q’s monitor (1946) since his file in Swann’s hand reports the correct date (1964).
  • Posts: 815
    antovolk wrote: »
    Pretty incredible attention to detail in the scene where Madeleine tells Bond about Safin - the newspaper article she shows him about the family being poisoned is written in genuine Russian and has a ton of actual backstory details.
    SUSPICIOUS DEATH OF KAZAN-BASED PHARMACEUTICAL ENTREPRENEUR
    Kazan-based entrepreneur Gostan Safin and members of his family were suddenly afflicted by a mysterious illness during their time at the family's private resort on the Kuril islands. Initially, doctors suspected that the cause of the illness was severe food poisoning.

    In a press statement released by representatives of the pharmaceutical billionaire, it was stated that Safin, 54, his wife Maria, 41, daughter Irina and three sons: Vadim, 22, Ilnaz, 18 and Lyutsifer, 16, were afflicted by a mysterious illness while spending time at their private family estate, located on one of the unnamed Kuril islands.

    The whole family was urgently brought by helicopter to a private hospital in the town of Severo-Kurilsk. This hospital was founded by Safin himself and is owned by his pharmaceutical conglomerate. Despite the best efforts by the doctors and nurses, Gostan, his wife and daughter soon passed away in the hospital as a result of the mysterious poisoning.

    Doctor Zorin from the Kiln Institute in Severo-Kurilsk confirmed in a press statement that following a pathoanatomical analysis, the cause of death of Mr. Safin, his wife, daughter and two elder sons, is poisoning by botulism, from a toxin of vegetative origin. The youngest son of Safin, Lyutsifer, the only member of the family who remains alive, is currently in a coma. Doctors believe his condition is otherwise currently stable.

    A representative of the Safin family refused to comment on theories that Gostan Safin's family came into contact with the deadly poison in one of his own labs. They said that at the moment, the priority is the recovery of the only remaining member of the family, the youngest son Lyutsifer.

    The 16-year old Lyutsifer Safin will inherit his father's massive inheritance, which includes property, factories and pharmaceutical enterprises. A source close to the family confirmed that Lyutsifer will indeed receive control of his late father's empire. Not long before his death, Gostan Safin planned to expand his pharmaceutical company to the global market. He also planned to change the direction of the company's wide-ranging research activity from state-sponsored biological weapon programs to more profitable manufacturing of medicines for the domestic market. It is suspected that this course of action will continue under his son's leadership. Representatives from Safin's group of companies declined to respond to speculation of foreign journalists about possible IPOs on international stock exchanges, or releasing stocks to the global market.

    Fantastic, pllaned to do the same thing but I still don't have the film, can you do the same with the article about Blofeld in the drawer in Jamaica ?
  • DragonpolDragonpol Schloss Drache
    edited November 2021 Posts: 15,639
    matt_u wrote: »
    That’s cool! I was wondering what that article on the newspaper stated about their poisoning. Safin being 16 makes sense.
    The attention to detail is crazy, the only big error they made was Blofeld’s date of birth on Q’s monitor (1946) since his file in Swann’s hand reports the correct date (1964).

    Yes, I noticed the 1946 date on my second viewing in the cinema. I didn't notice the 1964 date (did they perhaps put the date back to front?) but in any event the actor Waltz was born in 1956. So it's all a bit of a mess, that part. I thought Blofeld's birthday party gathering might have been a nice opportunity to mention that his birthday was on 28th May just like in the novels. Of course maybe a May set birthday would have thrown the timescale off in some way. This was also of course his creator's birthday, right down to the 1908 date given. He's the only Fleming literary Bond villain that we know the actual date of birth of so it's a pity that it wasn't utilised in the film. As I always say, when they're stuck for ideas they should go back to Fleming but it probably wasn't something they obsessed over too much and was just overlooked.
  • Posts: 802
    Dr. Zorin! Ha!
  • DragonpolDragonpol Schloss Drache
    Posts: 15,639
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Dr. Zorin! Ha!

    Yes, a nice little detail/Easter Egg we probably weren't meant to see but it's great that we did. It's funny as when I hear the name Safin I think of Zorin as they follow a similar name pattern. So, having a Dr Zorin treat the Safin family is quite appropriate, really. :)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,017
    matt_u wrote: »
    Aussie fans pay attention. NTTD is officially leaked online in HD.

    @Contraband perhaps I missed something... but did you liked the film?!?

    @matt_u

    Nah.. I'll give it a 6 out of ten but that's only because I'm sick and tired of all the footage, research and BTS-stills. Feels like I've been involved in the production. Plus I'm not the hardcore fan like all of you guys.

  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,229
    Understood.

    “There was no desire on my part to reinvent the wheel,” he said. “I was, at least in my mind, clear that a big part of my responsibility was landing the final chapter to five films, you can’t just make something that feels completely outside of that world, tonally and thematically.

    “It all needs to connect. It all needs to feel like a progression. Even if there’s an evolution of character, it can’t be so great that it doesn’t make sense in relation to Casino Royale. That’s how I approached it.”


    Cary Fukunaga understood what Boyle didn't.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Posts: 1,853
    Great detective work @antovolk. That's a decent amount of backstory in that newspaper article. I'm honestly surprised they put that much effort into something that 99% of people would not even think twice about. What's interesting to see are the names and ages of the Safin family. Lyutsifer looked very young in the photos they showed during that scene. Those couldn't have been taken when he was 16, so I guess at the time of the poisoning it was an old family photo that Mr White was using for reference. It's also making me wonder what age Lyutsifer was during the Norway PTS. Could he have been in his mid-twenties? That would make him around 50 during the main section of the film since it takes place 20 (+5) years after that event. Also, isn't it interesting that the Safins were based in Kazan... the same city where Yusef was living. At the time Bond confronted him in QoS, Safin would've already gotten his revenge more than 10 years prior. Although from my understanding he wouldn't have taken back Poison Island just yet so he very well could've been in the same apartment complex as Yusef for all we know. Waiting for the day Mr White would show up perhaps?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 10,717
  • Posts: 802
    matt_u wrote: »
    Understood.

    “There was no desire on my part to reinvent the wheel,” he said. “I was, at least in my mind, clear that a big part of my responsibility was landing the final chapter to five films, you can’t just make something that feels completely outside of that world, tonally and thematically.

    “It all needs to connect. It all needs to feel like a progression. Even if there’s an evolution of character, it can’t be so great that it doesn’t make sense in relation to Casino Royale. That’s how I approached it.”


    Cary Fukunaga understood what Boyle didn't.

    I really want a full summary/breakdown of what happened with Boyle and Hodges's film, because I cannot -- for the life of me -- understand how they could have gone so far down a road with that project that was clearly not the film they wanted to make.

    The creative and collaborative process can take all sorts of twists and turns unexpectedly, but it's clear Boyle's version was so divergent...I'm just baffled as to how it was ever greenlit in the first place.
  • Posts: 307
    @moneyofpropre2 I remember you posted some time ago an article on Elle France which explained some bts of choosing Coline as young Madeleine. There are some pictures, but there's a paywall and I can't go over. Do you have them?
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 815
    @moneyofpropre2 I remember you posted some time ago an article on Elle France which explained some bts of choosing Coline as young Madeleine. There are some pictures, but there's a paywall and I can't go over. Do you have them?

    Well I don't remember what they were exactly, but they should be in one or two (probbly two) of the "Point Promo" released after the released of the movie (lot of photos/videos inside, wait few second for let the pages load them) :
    - https://www.commander007.net/2021/nttd-le-point-sur-la-promotion-23/
    - https://www.commander007.net/2021/nttd-le-point-sur-la-promotion-sortie-24/
    - https://www.commander007.net/2021/nttd-le-point-sur-la-promotion-sortie-25/
    - https://www.commander007.net/2021/nttd-le-point-sur-la-promotion-sortie-26/
    - https://www.commander007.net/2021/nttd-le-point-sur-la-promotion-sortie-27/
    - https://www.commander007.net/2021/nttd-le-point-sur-la-promotion-sortie-28/
  • Posts: 307
    Cool thanks
Sign In or Register to comment.