No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Films are not trivial to me, the cinema is one of the few things that I leave my house for. I meant that as in, they are trivial compared to lots of other things in this world, but they are very important to people - especially in times like this.
    It's just reality for those of us who wish to have perspective about why it's being done. Grow up.

I do have perspective about why's it being done. Doesn't mean I don't have the right to feel angry, annoyed or depressed about it.

Some people on here (and especially some Bond YouTubers) who are trying to look on the bright side and say 'its now 7 more months of hype for the film!' - you do realise that that there isn't going to be 7 months of marketing between now and when the film comes out. The magazine articles and interviews are only coming out still because they were written and printed in advance of the film coming out in April - it will dry out soon and there will be very little marketing or new tidbits for months to come, if any at all. The Billie Eilish song has already plummeted down the charts and no longer seems to be played on Radio 1 in the UK - probably because it's a sad song during a sad time but still. Casual audiences will probably forget about the film for a while, and it will take a long while when the marketing does start up again to revive their interest in seeing it (that is, if the film actually does come out in November).

If it were up to me, I would release the film on streaming in the summer - give people some hope and something to look forward to in the summer - especially if this lockdown goes on for months.

This is a waste of time.

Don't bother, son. [-X

What can you do, eh?

I hope those of you who wanted NTTD and some of these other films to be delayed in the first place are happy. I know that, realistically, a vaccine is probably 12 - 18 months away but if you constantly think about the worst possible scenarios than they usually happen - self-fullfilling prophecy and all that.

Smarten up, mate.
    Still excited for the release, whenever that may be.
    TR007 wrote: »

Same here.

Same here.

Must say, I'm really excited about that documentary with Craig. We don't know when it comes out, do we? About the same time as the film, probably? That'll be swell. What was it called? Becoming Bond? Being Bond?
    Univex wrote: »

Same here.

Must say, I'm really excited about that documentary with Craig. We don't know when it comes out, do we? About the same time as the film, probably? That'll be swell. What was it called? Becoming Bond? Being Bond?

Being James Bond

Still no announced release date. I'm looking forward to that, too. I'm sure many people will see Daniel in a new light!
    Univex wrote: »

Same here.

Being James Bond

Still no announced release date. I'm looking forward to that, too. I'm sure many people will see Daniel in a new light!

It was gonna air in Japan on April 8 but obviously pulled now
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

This, but they will release it this year.

EDIT: that Being James Bond doc was supposed to have aired in Finland on March 5 (!!!!) https://www.telsu.fi/being+james+bond
  • See - nothing to talk about and grasping at straws! 'Oh no, I'm perfectly happy to wait to November, if not longer!'
    Smarten up, mate.

When I was talking about self-fullfilling prophecies, I was referring to people who had suggested that NTTD and other films be delayed in the first place, which has now happened. Don't tempt fate!
    See - nothing to talk about and grasping at straws! 'Oh no, I'm perfectly happy to wait to November, if not longer!'
    Smarten up, mate.

When I was talking about self-fullfilling prophecies, I was referring to people who had suggested that NTTD and other films be delayed in the first place, which has now happened. Don't tempt fate!

qYcuPZr.gif

Awesome!
    antovolk wrote: »
    EDIT: that Being James Bond doc was supposed to have aired in Finland on March 5 (!!!!) https://www.telsu.fi/being+james+bond

So it aired?!?!? Has it ended up online?
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,600
    Its interesting that some areas of industry have coped better than others in trying to create some good PR witin the crises and some not. I was impressed that some of the F1 drivers (and Ian Poulter?!) took part in a virtual F1 race for example. These things can create enormous goodwill and keep topics higher re media attention whilst putting nobody at risk (all done online). I wonder if EON are missing a trick here. An online Q and A with any of the stars would be great fun, for example.
  • Yay - behind the scenes photos from a film that I was meant to be seeing just 2 days from now! This will keep me entertained and hyped for months now!

Probably a rhetorical question, but am I the only one here who's actually still upset about this? I'm sorry but I can't turn my feelings off and I'm not easily distracted by photos and now redundant magazine covers.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,164

Awesome!
    antovolk wrote: »

So it aired?!?!? Has it ended up online?

Looks like it did! Most recently, on Sunday evening in Germany on RTL! Can't seem to find it available on local catch up services though...

EDIT: the doc was pulled in Germany and was replaced with this https://m.hoerzu.de/tv-programm/die-10-spektakulaersten-james-bond-momente/150093818/87321523/
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Ana de Armas stuntdouble just opened insta-account. Not much to see really. The only photo from NTTD is the one in the make-up room which is at Pinewood. The make-up artist itself also painted Lashana, Lea, Naomi

https://www.instagram.com/mounia_moula/
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I like that plot but it is a bit fan fiction at the end. But Craig returning at all was a mistake, its going to be very difficult to write an ending which feels natural and "where things were heading" since technically the story was already completed when Bond and Madeline rode off together at the end of SP.

Same here think they are just pushing now.
    delfloria wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    @peter and @RichardTheBruce I'm certainly not talking about SPECTRE, EON does not only make 007 films.
    The spy film, "The Rhythm Section" produced by EON earlier this year, was a colossal flop and financial disaster.

And this will affect NTTD how exactly? Spectre was the 6th most succesful movie of 2015, right before Inside Out and right after Minions.

He was talking about the financial impact on Eon and MGM, that was the post he was responding to. NTTD being down on profit isn’t going to be great financial news for them after Rhythm Section, that seems reasonable to say.
    Lots of people knee jerking over things they haven’t read properly, come on guys.

Every big studio has had a flop in recent years.

I have so far not read anything constructive from "Defloria".

Regardless of the studio, EON itself obviously took a hit with the historic failure of "The Rhythm Section" and cannot be happy about NTTD's situation. I just wish they would focus exclusively on Bond. Dang, there I go being nonconstructive again. I'll try better in the future.

Yeah agree here too much stuff going on in the background. Hopefully Bond 26 will go back to simple plots.
    In B26; Bond goes rogue and will be working for the Chinese government... :-?

rAB3UU2.jpg

Bond doesn't work for communists.

That was a joke.

I know
    Contraband wrote: »
    Ana de Armas stuntdouble just opened insta-account. Not much to see really. The only photo from NTTD is the one in the make-up room which is at Pinewood. The make-up artist itself also painted Lashana, Lea, Naomi

She had another account previously - I was following it. She must have either deleted it or had it deleted for some reason. But you're right, not much to see, unless you're interested in pretty pictures. There was a couple of NTTD related posts on the other account, though.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New stills by Greg Williams

cFJlGr9.jpg
    m29a9Fe.jpg
    eBWQRvI.jpg
    NkfVOGY.jpg
    gLKEgG0.jpg
    h0z3arG.jpg
    GD0rAKN.jpg
    Awesome!

And Léa has such a beautiful smile, why doesn't she do it more often? :D
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

She had another account previously - I was following it. She must have either deleted it or had it deleted for some reason. But you're right, not much to see, unless you're interested in pretty pictures. There was a couple of NTTD related posts on the other account, though.

It's still active.

https://www.instagram.com/mounia.moula/

It's still active.

https://www.instagram.com/mounia.moula/

Thanks, Super!
    New stills by Greg Williams

cFJlGr9.jpg
    m29a9Fe.jpg
    eBWQRvI.jpg
    NkfVOGY.jpg
    gLKEgG0.jpg
    h0z3arG.jpg
    GD0rAKN.jpg

Fantastic photos.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Soul, Tenet, Top Gun 2, Wonder Woman 1984, Jungle Cruise, Candyman, The Purge 5 and Free Guy will most likely be the next films to be delayed.

What a boring year the rest of 2020 will be with all those movies being put on hold. Really hate what this virus has done to our daily lives.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Yay - behind the scenes photos from a film that I was meant to be seeing just 2 days from now! This will keep me entertained and hyped for months now!

Probably a rhetorical question, but am I the only one here who's actually still upset about this? I'm sorry but I can't turn my feelings off and I'm not easily distracted by photos and now redundant magazine covers.

I feel the same as you and I'm just as frustrated. They can just release the movie on streaming now and I'll be happy. Don't really care about seeing it at the cinemas now. Just as long as I get to see it. I seriously doubt it will be released in November and I'd be surprised if the situation gets better by then.
    I personally hate it that it (the virus) is killing thousands of people and putting all of us in danger's way. But hey, some are upset about movies and being bored.

Cmon guys, get a grip.
    For once & for all: delaying does not equal streaming. And I agree with @Univex.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,600
    To be fair, this thread is specific to the production of the movie. Just becasue people vent frustration at the late release is not IMHO a sign of disrespect to the dead. There are other threads to discuss the wider (and more compelloing issues) re the virus. I think its good for mental health to be able to chat about the relatively trivial. My wife is cooking cous cous tonight. I hate cous cous...but I still hate the virus.
    patb wrote: »
    To be fair, this thread is specific to the production of the movie. Just becasue people vent frustration at the late release is not IMHO a sign of disrespect to the dead. There are other threads to discuss the wider (and more compelloing issues) re the virus. I think its good for mental health to be able to chat about the relatively trivial.

Yeah but this thread has gone too far south.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Physical (not social) distancing could have been practiced in cinemas - limit the amount of people in one showing and make sure that people are spaced far apart from each other - that's what happened when my mum went to see Emma just 4 days before cinemas shut in the UK.

I hope those of you who wanted NTTD and some of these other films to be delayed in the first place are happy. I know that, realistically, a vaccine is probably 12 - 18 months away but if you constantly think about the worst possible scenarios than they usually happen - self-fullfilling prophecy and all that. In terms of these new films being pushed back, a message is sent saying essentially 'Don't expect anything to go to back to normal anytime soon' - you can't even get some escapism from everything at the cinema! Who knows, things might be much better in the summer - I'd like to hope so! Pushing things, even somewhat trivial things as films back, affects people's outlook and gives no sense of hope to this situation - the world might as well just switch off now completely until 2021 at this point.

Live and let die?