No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    I personally hate it that it (the virus) is killing thousands of people and putting all of us in danger's way. But hey, some are upset about movies and being bored.

Cmon guys, get a grip.

It's not just a movie. It's hope for us all.
    It's good to look forward to positive things. I cant wait for the week in which we all go out with our beverage/snack of choice, watch the film and then forensically take it apart on this forum.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I personally hate it that it (the virus) is killing thousands of people and putting all of us in danger's way. But hey, some are upset about movies and being bored.

Cmon guys, get a grip.

I thought I was that. :-<
  • They can just release the movie on streaming now and I'll be happy. Don't really care about seeing it at the cinemas now. Just as long as I get to see it. I seriously doubt it will be released in November and I'd be surprised if the situation gets better by then.

Thank you so much - I agree completely with you!
  • It's not just a movie. It's hope for us all.

Thank you - that's something I can agree with you on.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 6,677

Cmon guys, get a grip.

Alfred Hitchcock: "It's just a movie. And don't forget, keep doing your daily exercises".

4c09db0c5038fd1b97810b6dc3b23ba0.gif

:-D

BTW, can't wait for Greg Williams's book. Those photos are excellent.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    When I first learnt that the film was moved to November, I felt chills down my Spine....almost as if I was deprived of my rights. But when I remembered the film wasn't moved because of fear of Box-Office Competition, but fear of a Virus that's new to Earth & Mankind, I then realized it was for the best. Thankfully, the Bond franchise isn't just about movies. There are Novels, Scores, Music, Music Videos, Comics, Games, Game Scores, Documentaries & even Old & New Interviews to immerse one's self in before the film is released in November. And I also think just like fans, EON couldn't wait to show fans what they've Conceived....Coz Eon themselves don't feel happy delaying the film. We now have two Separate Countdowns to do.....one for the end of the Virus, Hopefully by June/July & the other for NTTD in November.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    When I first learnt that the film was moved to November, I felt chills down my Spine....almost as if I was deprived of my rights. But when I remembered the film wasn't moved because of fear of Box-Office Competition, but fear of a Virus that's new to Earth & Mankind, I then realized it was for the best. Thankfully, the Bond franchise isn't just about movies. There are Novels, Scores, Music, Music Videos, Comics, Games, Game Scores, Documentaries & even Old & New Interviews to immerse one's self in before the film is released in November. And I also think just like fans, EON couldn't wait to show fans what they've Conceived....Coz Eon themselves don't feel happy delaying the film. We now have two Separate Countdowns to do.....one for the end of the Virus, Hopefully by June/July & the other for NTTD in November.

What a lucid post. Thank you.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

What a lucid post. Thank you.

Great post. Honestly I felt somewhat relieved when the film was delayed. Of course it was very shocking and disappointing but given how crazy things have gotten in the last few weeks, it would have been even more difficult trying to bear the uncertainty and anxiety of wondering if I was still gonna get to see it 10 days from now, and then making the decision myself if it was safe to go to the movies.

So in a way I'm glad the decision was made for me and I wasn't stewing with this anxiety about it. It's become very clear that they made the right call and they staked out a great new release date that other films are scrambling to maneuver around.
  • KOPKOP
    They can just release the movie on streaming now and I'll be happy. Don't really care about seeing it at the cinemas now. Just as long as I get to see it. I seriously doubt it will be released in November and I'd be surprised if the situation gets better by then.

You two would be happy, MGM stockholders might think otherwise.
    Meanwhile I hope EON is forging ahead with developing B-26 so there is not another long delay between films.
    delfloria wrote: »
    Meanwhile I hope EON is forging ahead with developing B-26 so there is not another long delay between films.

That's my biggest concern in all of this. Especially if NTTD is delayed to 2021 or 2022. That they won't even start thinking about B26 until a few years after NTTD. Never mind how long it will take to select a new actor and then finally get a script going.
    KOP wrote: »
    They can just release the movie on streaming now and I'll be happy. Don't really care about seeing it at the cinemas now. Just as long as I get to see it. I seriously doubt it will be released in November and I'd be surprised if the situation gets better by then.

You two would be happy, MGM stockholders might think otherwise.

Nonsense. I'm sure they'd be there in their socially distant droves, queuing to get one in four cinema seats to watch their project as it loses millions; a look of glee on their face as they realise it was all worth the pinch as Bond is the key to to getting through these dark days.
  • Nonsense. I'm sure they'd be there in their socially distant droves, queuing to get one in four cinema seats to watch their project as it loses millions; a look of glee on their face as they realise it was all worth the pinch as Bond is the key to to getting through these dark days.

I regret agreeing with your last comment now. Someone on here actually has the same view point as me and you just post a snarky, mean-spirited, nasty, uncalled for comment to put us down. Sod you.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    4 pages (useless) article in Foxtel magazine > https://docdro.id/sxklX3g

//

And some postcards...

ltjCQzW.jpg
    prx6JJX.jpg
    CPOXZ0V.jpg
    gnbmoLO.jpg
    HRds48a.jpg
    JGTl4bZ.jpg
    7FT3bzs.jpg
    O78h6cl.jpg
    Nonsense. I'm sure they'd be there in their socially distant droves, queuing to get one in four cinema seats to watch their project as it loses millions; a look of glee on their face as they realise it was all worth the pinch as Bond is the key to to getting through these dark days.

I regret agreeing with your last comment now. Someone on here actually has the same view point as me and you just post a snarky, mean-spirited, nasty, uncalled for comment to put us down. Sod you.

To be fair, my previous comment was also sarcastic! :)
    Contraband wrote: »
    4 pages (useless) article in Foxtel magazine > https://docdro.id/sxklX3g

//

ltjCQzW.jpg
    prx6JJX.jpg
    CPOXZ0V.jpg
    gnbmoLO.jpg
    HRds48a.jpg
    JGTl4bZ.jpg
    7FT3bzs.jpg
    O78h6cl.jpg

Thank you, @Contraband! That Cary guy is pretty active, isn't he? He's in more photos than Daniel Craig!
  • To be fair, my previous comment was also sarcastic!

Ah I see. Unfortunately from text I sometimes find it hard to see what's sarcastic and what's supposed to be a genuine statement. In that case, sod you again.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,034
    To be fair, my previous comment was also sarcastic!

Ah I see. Unfortunately from text I sometimes find it hard to see what's sarcastic and what's supposed to be a genuine statement. In that case, sod you again.

Ah, relax man. I'm only taking the mick. Nothing mean spirited about it. I completely understand people want to see the film as soon as they can (I do, too!), but they simply must accept that there are several legitimate reasons why they cannot. The above "sarky" post is just one of those reasons.

Your opening post about self-fulfilling prophecies is utter tosh though, and quite frankly its a bit strange to cry about someone poking fun at your opinions when you made it seem like we're the ones at fault for the film's delay!

"Why can't they just release the film on streaming now!?" is simply not a viable position to have, at the moment. However, I respect those who feel they deserve to see it immediately for selfish reasons despite being someone who wants to actually see the film and see the film do well on top of my own enjoyment of it.

No hard feelings.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    tFs7ISL.jpg
  • quite frankly its a bit strange to cry about someone poking fun at your opinions when you made it seem like we're the ones at fault for the film's delay!

Well what about the two people on here who wrote a letter to EON asking for the film to be delayed in the first place (which the media then generalized all Bond fans feeling the same way)? Even if they didn't cause it, they didn't flipping help!
  • "Why can't they just release the film on streaming now!?" is simply not a viable position to have, at the moment. However, I respect those who feel they deserve to see it immediately for selfish reasons despite being someone who wants to actually see the film and see the film do well on top of my own enjoyment of it.

If the film was pretty much finished before the delay was announced, then it must be in a state where we can see it without having to wait an arbitrary amount of time more for it.

How is it selfish to want to see the film now, when we've already waited for so long since the last film, we were promised 2 release dates beforehand (February's release should have been kept in my opinion) and then just under a month before it was finally meant to come out, it gets delayed again because of a sodding virus of all things with no apologies (and just 2 days after tickets finally went on sale)? We were meant to have had this film months ago. We are paying customers who were promised something and then had it snatched away at the last minute.
  • jabalijabali Los Angeles
    edited March 2020 Posts: 43
    quite frankly its a bit strange to cry about someone poking fun at your opinions when you made it seem like we're the ones at fault for the film's delay!

Well what about the two people on here who wrote a letter to EON asking for the film to be delayed in the first place (which the media then generalized all Bond fans feeling the same way)? Even if they didn't cause it, they didn't flipping help!

The "two people" are the founders of this site. And despite the open letter picking up traction with media, they have absolutely no fault in the situation. EON and Universal clearly weighed every option, and unquestionably made the right decision. Theaters are closed across the world right now. No one would be able to see it in April. We're not owed any apologies, it's quite literally a matter of life and death for many.

I won't get into the streaming/theatrical release discussion, as it's been done to death. It's a matter of spilt milk at this point.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 348
    We're not owed any apologies

True, we're legally not owed any apologies but a less blunt / business like statement with a line along the lines of 'sorry to everyone who's waited for and been excited for this movie, we hope you understand this decision' would have softened the blow immensely. Studios and directors behind other delayed films have sent out more personal, reassuring statements.
    Theaters are closed across the world right now. No one would be able to see it in April.

If physical distancing / screening size limits
    in cinemas had been implemented (as I suggested some pages ago), we could have had some kind of cinema experience available to us now if we wanted to see a movie to escape from all this doom, gloom and misery. Sports stadiums and airports are much larger and more populated areas for a virus to spread through. Have we now finally stopped all flights and shut down all airports? Of course not - cinemas and theatres are a much bigger risk, of course.
    Each to their own, but even if they implemented physical distancing/screen size limits at cinemas during this period, I wouldn't even have considered going.
  • Each to their own, but even if they implemented physical distancing/screen size limits at cinemas during this period, I wouldn't even have considered going.

That's fair enough, I understand that. I would do so (if there was a film that I really wanted to see at the cinema - NTTD and Black Widow would have been my first two cinema trips this year) but that's just me.
    I'm just curious as to how you would feel if what you wish for were true; you got to see the film, and it was worth the wait, but the price is that the film vastly under performs financially to the point where it will certainly be considered a box office failure? Would it matter to you?
  • Are you here just to leave sarcastic and judgemental comments for me?
    I think a lot of (if not most) Bond fans would want to see the film now, in cinemas or streaming, so don't single me out just because I'm not content with looking at photos for months on end.
    They could have pushed the film up a few weeks so it could have made at least made some money at that point - then put on streaming a little while after that so that it continues to make money while most people are at home. It's not ideal of course but I think it's better than this current course of action. As I've said the whole world can't just stop for 12 - 18 months if not more because of the actions of people who didn't think their seemingly slight illness maybe wasn't worth going to work with, or worth flying back from holiday on that particular day and the rest of the world is punished for it by lockdowns, illness and death. What's the point though of me saying this though - you'll just argue with me and debunk, criticise or shoot down any opinion or statement that I make on this forum. I think I would have been better off not making an account for this forum in the first place. I wanted to talk to like minded people about this delay and the effect it's had on me and others, but I've had mostly just sarcasm, derision and put downs about everything that I've said on here. That's my answer.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 8,034
    It was a genuine question, and a pretty valid one considering that's what the result of that scenario would likely have been.
  • I've already left my answer above.

Well I'm glad that I'm not as pessimistic as you then. I just thought that NTTD, after all this time and 2 release delays (which some people seem to have forgotten about) before that, was finally set in stone. I understand why EON did what they did (as much as I still disagree with it) but to have it snatched it away at the last minute again and because of a sodding virus of all things, just feels cruel, as if the universe or fate doesn't want us to have this film. One of my close friends compared this to a football game with his favourite team that he and some other friends were going to see at Wembley this week (I myself have no interest in football). Unfortunately, it doesn't really compare. That football team participates in cups or leagues most of the year - indeed the football season seems to be never ending. I have to wait at least 3 years for 1 new Bond film if I'm lucky - I'm envious of people who were around to experience the regular supply of Bond films in the 60s, 70s and 80s.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 8,034
    @RogerJonMoorePertwee that wasn't an answer to the question that was put to you, I'm afraid - but please by all means continue with the character attacks; am I pessimistic because I don't believe hope is a good business plan? Or is it because only allowing 1 person for every 4 seats in cinema venues would naturally reduce any potential box office takings from people who actually would be willing to take a trip to the cinema in the current climate? Most of these statements are based in some sort of fact, so I'm not sure how it's pessimistic. It is good that you understand why EON did what they did, though; even if it seems like the deaths of thousands of people because of a "sodding virus" seems to not be a good enough reason for you.

We've debated the streaming option ad nauseam in the last week or so. It's just not viable for a number of reasons.

I'm not really sure I want to engage with you much longer about this. We're just going to keep going round in circles, as ultimately it boils down to emotion versus logic. Sorry if I offended you, and I kindly accept your apology in advance for the jibes you've thrown my way in return.

Peace. :)>-