No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2020 Posts: 10,588
    RC7 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the scene in the cell where Blofeld tells Bond the foster brother thing was just a joke to play with his head in SPECTRE.

...before revealing they're REALLY biological brothers.

Written by Rian Johnson

Written by JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio seems more appropriate...

Yup, definitely.

I'm also looking forward to that scene so will finally get settled on whether Blofeld said "it'll be the death of you" or "it'll be the death of him" (hint: it's the former)

I saw the trailer on the big screen, prior to the excellent 1917, with 5 other people, all heard “him” 🤔

You’re all deaf.

It's 'him'.
    Except it's not.

It's completely understandable that many people hear "him." But we have the editors of the trailer and official translations confirming otherwise.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Pretty sure it's "us".

It's "me". I was there. Christoph was being his usual humorous self.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Pretty sure it's "us".

It's "me". I was there. Christoph was being his usual humorous self.

It's me, James. It's always me. The author of all your pain.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    Looks like the world premiere is set.

Cool, thanks for this. Good post.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Reported for spam
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Waltz adressess Craig, but talks about Bond, so subconciously he is thinking "him" even if he is wording "you", and some of us can detect that.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    That’s not how anyone would talk, ever.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Reported for spam

@NickTwentyTwo what I do this is the production thread about the same film isn't the premiere apart of things or did someone already announce the premiere announcement.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

Reported for spam
    Speaking of which...
    It's not an opinion, the editor who worked on the trailer said it himself. Surely he knows better than we do?
    Yes, but it an interesting phenomenon that even knowing this, a substantial number clearly hear “him”

Agreed. As far as I know there is a branch of science which studies this kind of phenomenons.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/16/611701171/yanny-or-laurel-why-people-hear-different-things-in-that-viral-clip?t=1579555689462

100% Yanny.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Mr Fashion.. Rami Malek is the frontman of Yves Saint Laurent's Spring/Summer 2020 men's collection >> ysl.com/se/saint-laurent/shop-product/men/new-arrivals

RC7 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the scene in the cell where Blofeld tells Bond the foster brother thing was just a joke to play with his head in SPECTRE.

...before revealing they're REALLY biological brothers.

Written by Rian Johnson

Written by JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio seems more appropriate...

Yup, definitely.

I'm also looking forward to that scene so will finally get settled on whether Blofeld said "it'll be the death of you" or "it'll be the death of him" (hint: it's the former)

I saw the trailer on the big screen, prior to the excellent 1917, with 5 other people, all heard “him” 🤔

You’re all deaf.

It's 'him'.
    Him´s all deaf?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,951
    mtm wrote: »
    I can hear both, but in terms of the trailer and the construction of the story it’s trying to tell the viewer it makes no sense to be ‘him’.
    Unless, and I’m just playing Devil’s advocate, he’s not talking to Bond. At the moment he says it the person he’s speaking to is barely visible; both Bond and Swann are wearing dark suits. it could be Swann. In which case the “ him” is probably Bond.
    But, if he’s talking to Bond and says “him” then he’s talking about Safin.

If that were the case the trailer would make it clear: if it was Bond he was talking about we’d be shown that he’s taking to someone else. For the audience watching the trailer it doesn’t make sense unless we’re shown who he’s taking about.
    Imagine a movie trailer you’re watching the first time and a character says “I love that guy!” and you’re not shown who they’re talking about or why they’re saying that: it’s just a random line and won’t sell the film to you at all. Do you understand what I mean? It wouldn’t be ‘him’ in this trailer otherwise the trailer doesn’t make sense.

Absolutely not true, Trailers frequently mislead to protect the plot.
    So when , M says, ‘ Where’s 007?”, are we positive he’s talking about Craig?

No you haven’t understood at all. That’s a completely different thing and actually proves my point: he says that and then it immediately cuts to a shot of Bond being in a foreign country, apparently doing nothing. So the story of the trailer (not necessarily the film) is that M is looking for Bond and he’s effectively hiding in Jamaica. That’s a simple bit of storytelling which the trailer editor has assembled: it’s clear who M is supposed to be talking about (whether or not in that scene ‘007’ refers to Bond or not). If it’s misleading or not regarding the actual plot is irrelevant: more important is that it makes sense in the trailer.

This scene is the opposite of that if Blofeld had said ‘him’: there is no cut to establish who the subject of that sentence is. We have no idea who ‘him’ would refer to (completely unlike the ‘007’ of the part you highlight) so we can’t care and it doesn’t make sense. Remember I’m talking about the trailer construction, not the film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I can hear both, but in terms of the trailer and the construction of the story it’s trying to tell the viewer it makes no sense to be ‘him’.
    Unless, and I’m just playing Devil’s advocate, he’s not talking to Bond. At the moment he says it the person he’s speaking to is barely visible; both Bond and Swann are wearing dark suits. it could be Swann. In which case the “ him” is probably Bond.

If that were the case the trailer would make it clear: if it was Bond he was talking about we’d be shown that he’s taking to someone else. For the audience watching the trailer it doesn’t make sense unless we’re shown who he’s taking about.
    Imagine a movie trailer you’re watching the first time and a character says “I love that guy!” and you’re not shown who they’re talking about or why they’re saying that: it’s just a random line and won’t sell the film to you at all. Do you understand what I mean? It wouldn’t be ‘him’ in this trailer otherwise the trailer doesn’t make sense.

I think it is quite obvious that he isn't, as Bond won't be a 00 at this point.

Well, it could be after Bond walked back to MI6 and he was given his old codename back or maybe M still thinks of Bond as 007 as in "you may have left the service but you'll always be a 00 agent to me" way (a spy is never out of the game, after all). I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, I'm fairly sure it refers to Nomi - just saying that we can't rule that out.

True; in LTK M asks Moneypenny if there’s any sign of “007” despite him having resigned in fairly spectacular circumstances a few days previously! :)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

No you haven’t understood at all. That’s a completely different thing and actually proves my point: he says that and then it immediately cuts to a shot of Bond being in a foreign country, apparently doing nothing. So the story of the trailer (not necessarily the film) is that M is looking for Bond and he’s effectively hiding in Jamaica. That’s a simple bit of storytelling which the trailer editor has assembled: it’s clear who M is supposed to be talking about (whether or not in that scene ‘007’ refers to Bond or not). If it’s misleading or not regarding the actual plot is irrelevant: more important is that it makes sense in the trailer.

This scene is the opposite of that if Blofeld had said ‘him’: there is no cut to establish who the subject of that sentence is. We have no idea who ‘him’ would refer to (completely unlike the ‘007’ of the part you highlight) so we can’t care and it doesn’t make sense. Remember I’m talking about the trailer construction, not the film.

I understand perfectly, and there is a good chance that you’re being suckered by a bit(s) of deception. M may, and I stress may, be looking for the new 007.....Nomi Because they cut to Bond in the trailer means absolutely nothing Generally, any cuts in a trailer are suspect; this includes the interrogation scene. Who’s to say that Swann doesn’t have her own moment with Blofeld?
    As someone said earlier, there is a lot of misdirection going on in this trailer . We’ll see in a couple of months.

BTW way, is Q making a joke about Bond being dead or is there a cover story misdirecting people that he is dead?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,951

I understand perfectly, and there is a good chance that you’re being suckered by a bit(s) of deception. M may, and I stress may, be looking for the new 007.....Nomi Because they cut to Bond in the trailer means absolutely nothing Generally, any cuts in a trailer are suspect; this includes the interrogation scene. Who’s to say that Swann doesn’t have her own moment with Blofeld?
    As someone said earlier, there is a lot of misdirection going on in this trailer . We’ll see in a couple of months.

You really do misunderstand: it’s nothing to do with misdirection. Misdirection is fine as long as you’re making sense. I agree that in the film in that scene there’s a good chance that M is talking about Nomi, but in the trailer -which is a different thing- we are being told that he’s talking Bond: the trailer’s story is constructed that way. Do you understand how that cut to Bond in Jamaica is supposed to make us think M is talking about him? I’m not talking about the plot of the film, I’m talking about the story the trailer is telling: I’m not sure how I can make that clearer. Who are you saying the cinema audience who have turned up to see Star Wars are supposed to think ‘him’ refers to, bearing in mind it’s been cut so we understand that he’s talking to Bond?
    Since we don´t know at all what bits of the trailer will actually be in the finished film, we maybe shouldn´t get too worked up about a trailer.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    BTW way, is Q making a joke about Bond being dead or is there a cover story misdirecting people that he is dead?

Probably Q being jokey/sarky.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited January 2020 Posts: 138
    There's a rumour that trailer 2 could come for the superbowl, don't know if it's true...
    duke_togo wrote: »
    There's a rumour that trailer 2 could come for the superbowl, don't know if it's true...

It is when I'm certainly expecting it. Just in time also to go out to cinemas with Birds of Prey.

If not a trailer, I'll be surprised if we don't get a TV spot with new footage at least.
    Do you think there’s any truth to rumor of Eilish performing the NTTD title song at the BRIT Awards on Feb, 18th?
    Burgess wrote: »
    Do you think there’s any truth to rumor of Eilish performing the NTTD title song at the BRIT Awards on Feb, 18th?

I feel it would certainly work as a launch platform, ideal time wise. Especially as tickets are due on sale sometime in Feb.
  • ConnorConnor UK
    She's actually performing at the Grammys this weekend. I think thats an even bigger, better platform.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I’m pretty sure he said “bread,” as in, “So you’re not bread.” Pointing out jokingly that Bond is in fact not bread.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Interesting tweet from the guys at Aston Martin. They are insinuating that Q has rebuilt the DB5 again in No Time To Die. Might explain how it got the big machine guns in the first place.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,526

Writings On the Wall was initially released through Spotify, I’d expect them to do the same thing here.
    I highly doubt they’ll unveil the song with a live performance.
    Interesting tweet from the guys at Aston Martin. They are insinuating that Q has rebuilt the DB5 again in No Time To Die. Might explain how it got the big machine guns in the first place.

I think they are simply reminding us that Q re-built the DB5 - so hence the big guns and any other surprise gadgets this time. (Not that he re-built it twice!)

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Writings On the Wall was initially released through Spotify, I’d expect them to do the same thing here.
    I highly doubt they’ll unveil the song with a live performance.

Actually WotW aired on radio before being released through Spotify. But I'm skeptical about it being revealed with a live performance, if there is going to be one the song will most likely be released online before the performance.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I think they are simply reminding us that Q re-built the DB5 - so hence the big guns and any other surprise gadgets this time. (Not that he re-built it twice!)

Exactly. Q rebuilt the DB5 destroyed by Silva (adding some new-improved gadgets) and that's the model Bond is driving in Matera.