No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Lea has tested Covid positive. Fully vaccinated, at home resting

https://deadline.com/2021/07/lea-seydoux-cannes-doubt-positive-covid-test-1234790147/

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Contraband wrote: »

https://deadline.com/2021/07/lea-seydoux-cannes-doubt-positive-covid-test-1234790147/

Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery Lea 😊
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Call sheets, scripts, story boards, concept arts, are all the gem I hope to find when this movie will be out.
    I do have some concept arts from NTTD which I may be allowed to share after the film comes out. I can describe what some of the concepts are: One is of one of the incendiary bombs that are planted inside the lab and explode, as seen in the first trailer. The ones in the finished film are like a metallic steel colour but the concept art looks a bit different - it appears more bronze and the top section that lifts up is shorter, making it look similar to a thermos flask. There is an image next to it of the bomb inside a draw-string carry bag.

example:
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51301118322_6f511bd3d0_o.png

Another concept is of what looks like an electronic limpet mine. It is black with red lights on top, and four silver/grey knobs mounted around the sides. I'm unsure of its true function, but perhaps it's the object seen at the upper left of the lab window when it collapses and the terrorists enter.

If Spectre is anything to go by, then concept art is bound to pop up on ebay around the time of release or just after. With less leaks surrounding NTTD, I would say after.

What I can show you here today is a more simplistic bit of tech I expect to see in the new film, a vehicle tracking bug:

51289233303_0355df5832_o.png

My guess is the bug is used to track Bond in Norway, but it could be seen elsewhere... Matera perhaps. The one in the above photo is my build, working closely from images I saw of the actual prop. I hope it's seen in the film, and not just to back up my comments.
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 850
    Yes would be nice to see that, I remember some concepts arts that poped on ebay before the realease of Spectre. Was nice that someone sold it back at the time, because otherwise we never have seen them. So a shame that lot of this (Spectre) movie concept stuff hasn't poped since it's realease (espicially it's storyboard), and stay on cardboards/hardrives at EON/creator archive vault, far away from the eyes of the fan (expecially since it is thing that could have been added in bluray/dvd bonus for almost no cost)...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mallory wrote: »

It says she is recovering, and that she has had no symptoms. The world has gone mad.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

It says she is recovering, and that she has had no symptoms. The world has gone mad.

But the world has Always been mad.......... 😜
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

But the world has Always been mad.......... 😜

I guess that s true, but sometimes the mass psychosis bursts out in full.
    Yes would be nice to see that, I remember some concepts arts that poped on ebay before the realease of Spectre. Was nice that someone sold it back at the time, because otherwise we never have seen them. So a shame that lot of this (Spectre) movie concept stuff hasn't poped since it's realease (espicially it's storyboard), and stay on cardboards/hardrives at EON/creator archive vault, far away from the eyes of the fan (expecially since it is thing that could have been added in bluray/dvd bonus for almost no cost)...
    That's right, there were many concepts of Day of the Dead costumes and skeleton parade floats, train interior for the Hinx fight, watch schematics and laser microphone gadget.

The latter two concepts I saved to my hard drive, but I think I missed others.

Heaps of Spectre call sheets popped up on ebay around August 2015, some of them accompanied with props claiming to be from the film, such as Hoffler Klinik letterheads and hotel room soap bars, all of which were later confirmed by crew and others 'in the know' to be fake, and some of us collectors got burned big time buying those fakes.
    Sad to hear that someone duped fans with fakes.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’d love to see more concept art/set designs of Safin’s lair.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’d love to see more concept art/set designs of Safin’s lair.

nominew.jpg

dfgjknsfn.png

safinlairbigtrue2.png

safinlairclose.PNG

safinlairbigtrue1.png

map_2.png

A breakdown of the above ground area where Bond verablly faces off with Safin

unknown.png

Madeleine comes from the unknown area marked above
    indicating there is a room behind it

unknown.png
    Safin's garden - I'm working under the assumption that this is where the 'Poison Garden' track is referring to
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Who provides the cinemas the synopsis that they have for movies? Do they write them or do they get given them? I just went onto Odeon's website in the optimistic hope that I might be able pre-book my tickets really early and noticed this. Depending on who writes the synopsis, is this a confirmation or still speculation?

I've put it under a spoiler just in case and highlighted relevant piece :).

By the way that Safin's lair stuff is great!
    SYNOPSIS
    Bond 25 finds 007 James Bond (Daniel Craig in his franchise swansong) pulled out of retirement by his old CIA pal Felix Leiter to locate a kidnapped scientist. As he follows the threads, however, he crosses paths with a new 007 (Lashana Lynch) and uncovers a plot by a mysterious villain (Safin, played by Rami Malek) that not only threatens the world but also reaches into the secretive past of his former lover, Dr Madeleine Swann. Buy No Time to Die cinema tickets and get showtimes at ODEON cinemas, on the myODEON mobile app or online.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @00Heaven It is confirmed. Cover of Harper’s Bazzar magazine, and the International Dubs for the second trailer confirm as well.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,512
    00Heaven wrote: »
    Who provides the cinemas the synopsis that they have for movies? Do they write them or do they get given them? I just went onto Odeon's website in the optimistic hope that I might be able pre-book my tickets really early and noticed this. Depending on who writes the synopsis, is this a confirmation or still speculation?

SYNOPSIS
    Bond 25 finds 007 James Bond (Daniel Craig in his franchise swansong) pulled out of retirement by his old CIA pal Felix Leiter to locate a kidnapped scientist. As he follows the threads, however, he crosses paths with a new 007 (Lashana Lynch) and uncovers a plot by a mysterious villain (Safin, played by Rami Malek) that not only threatens the world but also reaches into the secretive past of his former lover, Dr Madeleine Swann. Buy No Time to Die cinema tickets and get showtimes at ODEON cinemas, on the myODEON mobile app or online.

Even though we know a lot about NTTD, that two sentence synopsis has got me really excited all over again. I'm trying not to get too excited but it's getting close again.
    Thanks for sharing @00Heaven
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    00Heaven wrote: »

SYNOPSIS

Even though we know a lot about NTTD, that two sentence synopsis has got me really excited all over again. I'm trying not to get too excited but it's getting close again.
    Thanks for sharing @00Heaven

It's slowly coming back for me too. Even though this is nothing new in terms of info, just seeing that NTTD is slowly ramping back up is thrilling.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,496
    Mt-Fuji-Maekake-Apron-Anything-Co-Ltd.jpg

The Japanese Times reports that Q will wear a traditional Japanese maekake apron in NTTD.
    https://wp.me/pbs8To-Mb

Speaking to the Times, company president Kazuhiro Nishimura says that, “They wanted to use a maekake with a Mount Fuji print design and ‘Representative of Japan’ written above it [...] I did find a report by a Japanese film writer who went on set at Pinewood Studios, though, and he wrote that he saw Ben Whishaw as Q wearing it in a scene in which he is cooking.”
    Red_Snow wrote: »

The Japanese Times reports that Q will wear a traditional Japanese maekake apron in NTTD.

Speaking to the Times, company president Kazuhiro Nishimura says that, “They wanted to use a maekake with a Mount Fuji print design and ‘Representative of Japan’ written above it [...] I did find a report by a Japanese film writer who went on set at Pinewood Studios, though, and he wrote that he saw Ben Whishaw as Q wearing it in a scene in which he is cooking.”

You can just see the top of it during one of the traiers - the belt can be seen.

You can just see the top of it during one of the traiers - the belt can be seen.

Which one? I've rewatched them all but can't find it
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 490
    How do we feel about the likelihood of the movie sticking to this release date? I’m in a highly vaccinated and densely populated area of the U.S. and things are almost entirely back to normal. Everything is fully open, there are no mask requirements although a decent amount of people still wear them. The consensus is that the Delta variant poses a very small but non-zero risk of symptomatic infection to fully vaxxed people, so personally I’ve returned to life as normal. Not trying to start a debate I’m just curious what the mood is here.

I understand many other places are less fortunate regarding the vaccines but what do you all think?

Seeing the strong debut of fast & furious and now black widow gives me a lot of hope.

Stay safe and be well friends.
    I'm gonna say yes, we'll see it this year.
    ertert wrote: »
    How do we feel about the likelihood of the movie sticking to this release date? I’m in a highly vaccinated and densely populated area of the U.S. and things are almost entirely back to normal. Everything is fully open, there are no mask requirements although a decent amount of people still wear them. The consensus is that the Delta variant poses a very small but non-zero risk of symptomatic infection to fully vaxxed people, so personally I’ve returned to life as normal. Not trying to start a debate I’m just curious what the mood is here.

I understand many other places are less fortunate regarding the vaccines but what do you all think?

Seeing the strong debut of fast & furious and now black widow gives me a lot of hope.

Stay safe and be well friends.

I can only speak for the United States, but I am certain it will release here — any other market with similar vaccination rates I assume are in a similar boat.

If you can, get your shot so we can all see James shoot his shot in Fukunaga's first shot.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 469

unknown.png

One of the later trailers used in commercials and TV spots. I don't have the original link anyore so this is a screencap from a saved version I had. It also features Q saying 'can I just have one nice evening before the world explodes?'
    Personally, I think that he was probably in the process of cooking dinner for himself just before Bond invades.
    Let me know if you want me to DM you the video. It's pretty low quality but does feature this as a new piece of footage, as well as a tiny bit more of Felix at the nightclub.
    I think I have it. Anyway, if you're so kind to DM it to me it would be great
    edited July 2021 Posts: 3,018

unknown.png

One of the later trailers used in commercials and TV spots. I don't have the original link anyore so this is a screencap from a saved version I had. It also features Q saying 'can I just have one nice evening before the world explodes?'
    Personally, I think that he was probably in the process of cooking dinner for himself just before Bond invades.
    Let me know if you want me to DM you the video. It's pretty low quality but does feature this as a new piece of footage, as well as a tiny bit more of Felix at the nightclub.

@phantomvices Think it can be found here, video nr 14 in Alternate Versions

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Z53r/no-time-to-die-movie-trailer
    edited July 2021 Posts: 469
    There's a new NTTD spot paying in front of the Black Widow movie that apparently has a tiny sliver of new content and Blofeld saying some new lines, can anyone grab it?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I imagine that a condition of letting them use Moonraker clips was that the NTTD trailer had to run with it! :)
    edited July 2021 Posts: 3,018
    There's a new NTTD spot paying in front of the Black Widow movie that apparently has a tiny sliver of new content and Blofeld saying some new lines, can anyone grab it?

@phantomvices Where can we even find/see it?

Edit: This one looks updated. At least the music is new?

• peterpeter Toronto
    Is

Isn't this @jake24 brilliant piece?
    peter wrote: »
    Is

Is it? Haven't seen Jake's. Swann's voice in the beginning is bloody brilliant
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    peter wrote: »
    Is

Is it? Haven't seen Jake's. Swann's voice in the beginning is bloody brilliant
    Yes, it is mine. Whoever runs the YouTube channel above enjoys stealing other peoples work for views.