No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I actually liked Camille's ending. It's one of the few things Quantum of Solace got spot on.

She's a really good character overall. It would have been nice if she returned.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 13 Posts: 4,340
    I actually liked Camille's ending. It's one of the few things Quantum of Solace got spot on.
    Yeah, the only thing that really bothered me about her specifically was that weird interaction on the plane, about her being Bolivian Secret Service that had no bearings on anything and made no sense. It was like “Oh we need to make her a badass agent or something.” halfway through and then they forgot.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes that is a fair point, I'd forgotten she was supposed to be a spy. She had enough motivation already so I'm not sure why they added that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 13 Posts: 4,340
    Also, quicky, has anyone noticed that there's a James Bond Jr. episode called "No Time to Lose"?
    Yeah, the only thing that really bothered me about her specifically was that weird interaction on the plane, about her being Bolivian Secret Service that had no bearings on anything and made no sense. It was like “Oh we need to make her a badass agent or something.” halfway through and then they forgot.

Yeah, I'd forgotten that. I suppose it serves a purpose (even if it is unneccessary) in that it puts her on Bond's level, as a fellow spy who lost her parents, even more rather than her just being a civilian with a vendetta. It's a neat idea, one of many that QOS has that it doesn't really fully commit to or explore unfortunately.
    Also, quicky, has anyone noticed that there's a James Bond Jr. episode called "No Time to Lose"?

Has anybody notice there was a James Bond jr. series? A truly low point for the characters history.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    For those of you who cares, new stills from Matera

IUeN9jt.jpg
    mxiwOU0.jpg

Craig's bike stunt double, four-time World Enduro Champion Paul "Fast Eddy" Edmondson

9MxaKF3.jpg
    c1cVj2j.jpg
  • QsCatQsCat London
    edited June 14 Posts: 134
    delfloria wrote: »

Has anybody notice there was a James Bond jr. series? A truly low point for the characters history.

Well I enjoyed it when I was a youngster...
    And i suppose I was the target audience, so it must have done something right.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Do we look like we give a damn? I know I do. Thanks for the pics.

Agree with @QsCat - I never got why James Bond Jr is so hated.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Contraband wrote: »

IUeN9jt.jpg
    mxiwOU0.jpg

Craig's bike stunt double, four-time World Enduro Champion Paul "Fast Eddy" Edmondson

9MxaKF3.jpg
    c1cVj2j.jpg

I love seeing these behind the scenes photos - keeps the NTTD hype going for me despite the lack of official promo material. I am SO excited for when the official stuff comes back
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    They're great photos, thanks @Contraband for sharing. I really think the Matera sequence is going to be truly special
    Yes the whole Matera sequence looks absolutely beautiful. Pure bond. That mix of old European culture and glamour.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The thought that they shot those sequences almost 2 years ago drives me crazy.
    Can't wait to see this beast on the biggest screen possible.
    Can't wait for this movie. I hope they give Craig a proper sendoff.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited June 14 Posts: 251
    As much as I’m loving the Matera scenes — pure classic old, elegant European Bond setting for sure — but if I had to choose which location I’m looking forward to most it’s definitely Jamaica.
    Agreed. Will be quite entertained by both, but getting Bond back to the Caribbean looks great ! Besides, if it's a DN-ish film, getting Bond to Jamaica, and meeting up with Felix Leiter there, would be quite fitting. So....might we hear Bond -- or another character -- humming a little tune ? "Underneath the Mango Tree", at some point ?
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Since62 wrote: »
    Agreed. Will be quite entertained by both, but getting Bond back to the Caribbean looks great ! Besides, if it's a DN-ish film, getting Bond to Jamaica, and meeting up with Felix Leiter there, would be quite fitting. So....might we hear Bond -- or another character -- humming a little tune ? "Underneath the Mango Tree", at some point ?

Would be amazing to hear that! As would Vesper’s theme at the right moment… I also think a perfect end titles song would be “You Know My Name” - bring it full circle. Ahhh I’m really getting excited!
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    I’m excited to see both Jamaica and Norway. It will be a cool contrast between the tropical green of The Caribbean to the northern forestry.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 14 Posts: 4,340
    I'm excited for Norway, Matera, London, Jamaica, and Cuba... wait...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

… Safin’s island!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing South Florida
    The potential of
    Really long almost 30 minute PTS
    is what I'm extremely intrigued by. I hope it doesn't ruin the pacing. But there are so many various scenes that I'm seeing that it's gonna be odd. Unless they do it right after
    Safin meets Madeline in the past
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 14 Posts: 4,340
    matt_u wrote: »

… Safin’s island!
    True! I think I always just mesh that with Norway.

I've said this before but I think what's reminding me of old-school James Bond with this one is the seemingly vignette-ish nature of each sequence. It's why I think Skyfall is the only other Bond film in Craig's era that had that as well.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Would be amazing to hear that! As would Vesper’s theme at the right moment… I also think a perfect end titles song would be “You Know My Name” - bring it full circle. Ahhh I’m really getting excited!

100% yes mate

@Last_Rat_Standing if it's an extremely long PTS, could it be like LTK or DAD? Whereby we go to the title sequence and then return to the same location after the titles. Do you think that could be possible? Might help the pacing perhaps

I would be right there with you on that except:

1. It sounds like that would work best if Bond dies at the end. In which case, it could be better used as a plaintive, instrumental, slowed down. I have read some things indicating the possibility, but I don't like it. Furthermore, if they went with an ending inspired by Fleming's YOLT, then the next film really ought to have the same actor portray Bond. Even if the next story were not TMWTGG it could still commence with scenes inspired by the novel's beginning. How can this film end ? Craig's last...it seems. They already had: Bond's loved lady dies (CR), Bond gets revenge for love-interest (QOS), M dies (SF), Bond gets to ride off into the sunset with his new loved lady (SP). As for Bond goes off to enjoy life on his own -- this film already will have that in the beginning, and it appears Bond may be getting tired of it. We also had a bit of that when, in SF, Bond got shot and disappeared for a while and chilled, as if he had died, as far as the rest of the world were concerned. I don't think we'll see Bond pass away since, for one thing, that reportedly was a source of disagreement between first chosen director, Danny Boyle, and the producers. Of course, it might have driven them apart, and yet, with another director, the producers come round to the idea. Overall, I still don't see it. It seems NTTD will have a more upbeat vibe, even if Bond and Dr. Swann are not together at the end. Perhaps Bond and Dr. Swann will not be together at the end, but she and he plan to meet up someplace if they both survive, and it gets left hanging a little ? Hmm...seems vague and uncomfortable, unless we know with certainty that Bond survives. Sorry. I'm spinning in circles.

2. Additionally, though I like CR very much, I was never a fan of the theme song. It sounded like generic rock of the day. I like it better as a musical theme throughout the rest of the movie. But that's just me. I do like idea of circularity, though, as I wrote above, the implications are unsettling.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Bringing this back. Less than 4 months!

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    so like any guesses as to who the kid Bond is following in the released Matera sequence is? I've been thinking about what his role might be in the chase.

unknown.png

so like any guesses as to who the kid Bond is following in the released Matera sequence is? I've been thinking about what his role might be in the chase.

unknown.png

I bet the kid is a lookout and is present when the grave explodes. Bond spots him and gives chase, but the kid leads him to the ambush point on the bridge (the ambush is likely Plan B in the event that the explosion doesn't do its job).
    This isn't nice, but already I despise that kid who stops, looks back, and runs off just before the motorbike and car block off the two, well, more conventional paths for Bond to use.
  • QsCatQsCat London

You know my name would be great! Maybe a cover of it by Eilish..