The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

Incredible result for Arsenal, but you just know they will find a way to slip up their lead.

After last season I think your team would have learned a lot, now is the time to capitalize as we all know City are strongest second half of the season, saying that they are not the same team as last year.

And going by Arsenal's history, it's this period they start dropping points. Arsenal haven't gelled like they did last season; injuries and missing Xhaka is part of the reason, I think. But one can only hope they start looking better soon, because every game is really a must win with City breathing down their necks…

Just watched the controversy with the ref again, huge mistake at the end of the City v Spurs game from the ref, I think he panicked. No guarantee that Grealish would of scored to be fair.

Can't see any other explanation for it. Such a bizarre decision!
    Incredible result for Arsenal, but you just know they will find a way to slip up their lead.

After last season I think your team would have learned a lot, now is the time to capitalize as we all know City are strongest second half of the season, saying that they are not the same team as last year.

And going by Arsenal's history, it's this period they start dropping points. Arsenal haven't gelled like they did last season; injuries and missing Xhaka is part of the reason, I think. But one can only hope they start looking better soon, because every game is really a must win with City breathing down their necks…

What would you rather win, the EPL or CL ? but you can't say both.... :))
    More games in a couple of days, it's getting busy now.

Someone said the City charges will be decided some time next year........

Although I'm sure Arsenal will miss out on both, if I could choose, it would have to be EPL. Although the CL would be massive, there's something to see one of Wenger's own former players leading them all the way in the Prem. Again, I'm sure Arsenal will make a mess of things. They always do.

It's getting very busy indeed. Hardly have time to sit down with my team before there's another deadline! :))

Read something about next year or 2025 online. Can see this dragging out for a long time still.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Just watched the controversy with the ref again, huge mistake at the end of the City v Spurs game from the ref, I think he panicked. No guarantee that Grealish would of scored to be fair.

The ref made the right decision as it's always good to see City drop points :)>-

It is good to see a decision go against City, but it really wss poor by the ref. the officiating this season is a joke, I am still seething from the penalty city got against us at OT. lol
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,755
    Here's a quick look at gameweek 14 before the gameweek 15 deadline tomorrow! Gameweek 14 was a gameweek that saw quite the variance in points, as many managers would be making transfers for injured players. As we saw with managers transferring in Darwin for Watkins for example, they would be better of saving the transfer, as Watkins featured in the end anyway, and to make things worse, got a goal, an assist and two bonus points, whereas Darwin didn't have margins on his side against Fulham. Just goes to show how unpredictable (and brutal!) FPL can be. One manager who did not have a brutal gameweek however, was our gameweek winner Goldy’s Allstars, who finished the gameweek on 78 points. Congratulations! =D>

lV8a69m.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars

_________

Remember the gameweek 15 deadline tomorrow at 18.00 UK time!

Congratulatiosn Goldy’s Allstars.

---

I think I may bank a transfer as there will likely be rotation in the squads.

Saying that do i stick with Bruno, a lot of reports that TH has lost half the dressing room, its a common theme with United and managers in recent years.

We are playing Chelsea at home so anything could happen there,

I will be very surprised if TH is manager at Christmas this is all too familiar and there is only one outcome.

Disgraceful, this should be illegal :))
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Here's a quick look at gameweek 14 before the gameweek 15 deadline tomorrow! Gameweek 14 was a gameweek that saw quite the variance in points, as many managers would be making transfers for injured players. As we saw with managers transferring in Darwin for Watkins for example, they would be better of saving the transfer, as Watkins featured in the end anyway, and to make things worse, got a goal, an assist and two bonus points, whereas Darwin didn't have margins on his side against Fulham. Just goes to show how unpredictable (and brutal!) FPL can be. One manager who did not have a brutal gameweek however, was our gameweek winner Goldy’s Allstars, who finished the gameweek on 78 points. Congratulations! =D>

lV8a69m.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you

_________

---

Saying that do i stick with Bruno, a lot of reports that TH has lost half the dressing room, its a common theme with United and managers in recent years.

I will be very surprised if TH is manager at Christmas this is all too familiar and there is only one outcome.

He was too hard on Jadon Sancho imo

I read he lost half the players as well here:
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/13023026/erik-ten-hag-has-lost-elements-of-man-utd-dressing-room-as-his-style-and-treatment-of-jadon-sancho-questioned

"Quite a few players are unhappy with the style of play, they also feel that they're training too hard and that they're running too much during training. I was told that the players don't know what they're running for.
    LATE TACKLE Matic launches astonishing attack on Man Utd and claims two players were ‘always late’ as he reveals huge list of fines
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24949420/matic-man-utd-pogba-sancho-late-fines/
    PAUL POGBA and Jadon Sancho infuriated Manchester United team-mates by arriving late to training, Nemanja Matic has claimed...

Sancho has been undisciplined from day one it appears long before Ten Hag was there, I have no sympathy for Sancho.

It is obvious to me who the players are that have been consistently undermining managers and leaking to the press, its not rocket science.

The ref made the right decision as it's always good to see City drop points :)>-

It is good to see a decision go against City, but it really wss poor by the ref. the officiating this season is a joke, I am still seething from the penalty city got against us at OT. lol

Yes, the number if mistakes this season is shocking!

lV8a69m.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

_________

---

Banning certain journalists from the press conference isn't really making things easier for yourself either…

Disgraceful, this should be illegal :))

Changing clubs is one thing, but then go ahead and choose Spurs?! :))
    Been lying on the couch all day with a cold, so haven't had much time to look at my team. Will sort out my team then go straight back to the sofa :))
    Think I will watch the Arsenal v Luton game, I really want to get Saka and TAA into my team though very difficult right now,
    I got distracted and forgot to check my team :))
    Martinelli looks in a lot of pain with his back.
    Arsenal hell bent and messing things up it would seem, losing 3 - 2 now.
    3 - 3 Havertz lol
    That may end up being Arsenals most important win of the season.

FPL wise disaster, doubling up on arsenal defense was a huge mistake.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    What a game, just heartbreaking for Luton. They ran out of gas and an Arsenal winner looked inevitable in those last 15 or 20 mins.

Barkley still class ...

Havertz much better ...

Saka is clearly one of the best players in the world ...

The Arse probably should have had a pen ...

Arteta looked very nervous, thinking no doubt about all those post game questions about Raya who looked at fault on two Luton goals ....
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    LATE TACKLE Matic launches astonishing attack on Man Utd and claims two players were ‘always late’ as he reveals huge list of fines
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24949420/matic-man-utd-pogba-sancho-late-fines/
    PAUL POGBA and Jadon Sancho infuriated Manchester United team-mates by arriving late to training, Nemanja Matic has claimed...

Sancho has been undisciplined from day one it appears long before Ten Hag was there, I have no sympathy for Sancho.

It is obvious to me who the players are that have been consistently undermining managers and leaking to the press, its not rocket science.

I'm not saying Sancho is not to blame but it's better to deal with these issues in house.
    He should have sold him if he was undisciplined like Matic has claimed ?
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Also Zinchenko, who proved his worth despite defensive mistakes last game. Arsenal were much better with him on the pitch ....
    Rashford and Martial dropped, must win game for United tonight.
    VAR penalty to United?
    Nasty challenge on Antony... pen given.
    Bruno steps up... saved
    Ouch and Bruno is in my FPL team.
    Mctominay gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amrabat has been superb.
    Sterling should be carded for simulation.
    Dam great goal from Palmer. 1 - 1
    United been totally dominant, its painful.
    Mctominay gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brilliant goal 2 - 1
    VAR