The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Decided to use my second transfer in the end. Injury doubts made it difficult to favour saving the second transfer. Mbeumo + Cash to Gordon and Pedro Porro. I don't expect many points from either this gameweek, but I can only hope that it works out over the next few gameweeks.

Mbeumo out Gordon in for me too.

I considered Gordon though with Newcastle injury's and them running out of steam vs Everton opted for Foden, Foden probably will end up being victim to Pep roulette :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,682
    Palace with a great chance, no idea how Alisson saved that... the post saved him lol
    lol Liverpool in disarray... penalty... VAR for half an hour first.
    Endo was fouled IMO... VAR is a joke how long does it take.

No penalty.
    Palace penalty, there goes my double clean sheet though as a United fan I hope Palace win lol
    1 - 0 Palace.
    Hugh Jackman in the crowd.
    At the 60 minute mark, Liverpool zero shots on target.
    Ayew sent of for Palace second yellow, that changes the game as Palace were looking more likely.
    1 - 1 Salah, wicked deflection.
    Dam Liverpool scored Harvey Elliot from a Salah assist. 2 - 1.
    Missed the deadline though not sure I would have changed anything, i have 2 defenders that keep getting benched so its really difficult to call who will start. I ended up bringing TAA, Mctominay and Foden.

That's a great trio given their form. Couldn't stretch to bringing in TAA, though I would love to have him i my team…

Hopefully it will work out, I still want Saka though its either him or Salah at the moment.

Think I will go and get my daily steps in and go for a walk in the miserable rain lol then watch the Palace v Liverpool game.

It's difficult to get an optimal team with the likes of Salah, Son, Saka and Haaland taking up considerable funds in your team. I need to drop one of them if I want a premium defender. Saka might be the easiest to drop, but he's delivered points quite regularly…

I'll be watching Palace vs Liverpool too. Still spend most of my time on the sofa with the cold I'm struggling with.

Cold sounds rough, had it over a week?

Only since Tuesday, but feels long enough! I'm a bit better today, so I hope I'll be able to go to work on Monday. I can do some of my work from home though, so I've been able to keep doing some work despite not being at the office.
    ______

Was hoping for a draw between Palace and Liverpool, but with several players out and Ayew being given a red, a Liverpool win was the most likely outcome.
    Missed the deadline though not sure I would have changed anything, i have 2 defenders that keep getting benched so its really difficult to call who will start. I ended up bringing TAA, Mctominay and Foden.

That's a great trio given their form. Couldn't stretch to bringing in TAA, though I would love to have him i my team…

Hopefully it will work out, I still want Saka though its either him or Salah at the moment.

Think I will go and get my daily steps in and go for a walk in the miserable rain lol then watch the Palace v Liverpool game.

It's difficult to get an optimal team with the likes of Salah, Son, Saka and Haaland taking up considerable funds in your team. I need to drop one of them if I want a premium defender. Saka might be the easiest to drop, but he's delivered points quite regularly…

I'll be watching Palace vs Liverpool too. Still spend most of my time on the sofa with the cold I'm struggling with.

Only since Tuesday, but feels long enough! I'm a bit better today, so I hope I'll be able to go to work on Monday. I can do some of my work from home though, so I've been able to keep doing some work despite not being at the office.
    ______

Was hoping for a draw between Palace and Liverpool, but with several players out and Ayew being given a red, a Liverpool win was the most likely outcome.

I buy something called Metatone its a tonic, i take it every winter seems to work as keeps any flu or colds at bay.

Liverpool winning not good, United struggling to score at home Bournemouth leading, my transfers in recent weeks all back fired.
    We are losing 2 - 0 at home now, I am not going to swear.

______

I buy something called Metatone its a tonic, i take it every winter seems to work as keeps any flu or colds at bay.

Liverpool winning not good, United struggling to score at home Bournemouth leading, my transfers in recent weeks all back fired.

Can't remember having heard about that before, but I'm sure there are similar products on the market here too. Can't complain though, I got through last winter without getting a cold.

I think the last month of so of football have been difficult to predict – especially from a FPL point of view. Tells something about how the season have been so far.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    We are losing 2 - 0 at home now, I am not going to swear.

Time to swear ...
    Not watching the games that are being played now as I'm watching the Norwegian Cup final instead, but I see Bournemouth are on fire today! :-O

______

Can't remember having heard about that before, but I'm sure there are similar products on the market here too. Can't complain though, I got through last winter without getting a cold.

I think the last month of so of football have been difficult to predict – especially from a FPL point of view. Tells something about how the season have been so far.

I guess the Premier League is just very competitive or there are just no stand out teams, everyone seems to ship goals for fun which makes buying defenders an almost impossible task.
    OMG now we are losing 3 - 0 at home.
    Incredibly competitive this year all through the league ...
    Well if things were not bad enough Bruno got a yellow and misses the trip to Anfield, if we get battered next week Ten Hag maybe in trouble again... he probably already is.
    I am done with football for the rest of the weekend after that debacle.
    Fun facts ...

Bournemouth's Iraola, along with Arteta and Guardiola, is one of three Premier League managers from the same small provincial Basque region of Spain.

Gipuzkoa ... I'd never even heard of it.

Soon to be four managers should Lopetegui join Forest ...

Must be something in the water ...

______

I guess the Premier League is just very competitive or there are just no stand out teams, everyone seems to ship goals for fun which makes buying defenders an almost impossible task.

I guess it's a combination of both really.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Fun facts ...

Bournemouth's Iraola, along with Arteta and Guardiola, is one of three Premier League managers from the same small provincial Basque region of Spain.

Incredible!
    Fun facts ...

I knew Bournemouth had done reasonably well of late, though i expected much more from United... Chelsea really must have been terrible to make us look good midweek.

I have issues with TH tactics, I have all season.
    Aston Villa v. Arsenal should be good!
    Aston Villa v. Arsenal should be good!

I may as well watch it despite my utter disdain for my team, I have paid for it after all lol I hope Arsenal win, Liverpool must not win the league.
    Currently watching Hargreaves and Owen eviscerate United ...

It's a whole other career for them.
    Currently watching Hargreaves and Owen eviscerate United ...

It's a whole other career for them.

I have the sound on mute, I am listening to John Barry whilst I watch the football. United have ruined my weekend :))
    I will take a 3 - 2 win to Arsenal with goal involvement from Luiz and Watkins, otherwise I have another terrible GW incoming.