The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2023 Posts: 23,388
    Jordan Henderson: Liverpool reach £12m agreement from Steven Gerrard's Al Ettifaq for club captain

Al Ettifaq have proposed more than tripling Jordan Henderson's £200,000-a-week salary with a two-year contract, including a third-year option; Henderson has two years left on his current Liverpool deal

Amazing salary for a average player thanks to Stevie G.

Mahrez is off as well, I also heard Telles was off. There will be a lot of players hoping to get silly deals offered to them.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Torgeirtrap Arsenal highlights vs MLS All stars...
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Jordan Henderson: Liverpool reach £12m agreement from Steven Gerrard's Al Ettifaq for club captain

Al Ettifaq have proposed more than tripling Jordan Henderson's £200,000-a-week salary with a two-year contract, including a third-year option; Henderson has two years left on his current Liverpool deal

Mahrez is off as well, I also heard Telles was off. There will be a lot of players hoping to get silly deals offered to them.

I heard that Messi was offered more than 200 miliion a year to go there.

Fabinho, another average player ,£40m move to Al-Ittihad.

In some instances Saudi maybe doing club a favor by buying players that are surplus, I could draw up a list of Man United players for them lol.
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 17,295
    It's a really promising transfer window from Arsenal so far. There are more positions to cover obviously, so I hope they get more deals over the line.

Unless there's some rules restricting them, I bet we'll see a lot more of these transfers. You can understand players wanting a good pay, but many of these players are still at a point in their careers where they could still achieve – and earn – a lot in Europe. Partey is rumoured to the Saudi league too, which could heavily impact the rest of the transfer window for Arsenal.

Its a typical Man United window deals are drawn out and take forever. Year after year we don't have new signings involved during preseason, its irritating.

Arsenal have been there too, though they are getting better at managing transfer windows than before. You can understand that the complexity of transfers requires time and a lot of back and forth between the clubs, but it's obviously beneficial to get deals done early.

With MU its not clear how much money we have to spend with the so called take over that is not happening. It appears from distance that we are relying on selling players first then we can buy which is never good.

That makes things considerably more difficult, for sure. The timing and the lengthy process of the takeover couldn't have been worse with the transfer window well underway, so it will be very interesting to see how the club manages this transfer window.

Some good news is Maquire is no longer club captain and he is being linked with Newcastle, hopefully we can sell him to some unsuspecting team that does not realize how bad he is.

Interesting. I wonder though, if he will walk straight into that Newcastle team, or if he becomes a rotation player? Newcastle – like United – will aim high next season, and given his performances, I don't see him as a particularly great defender at all…
    Another good display by the kids in the second half vs Lyon, Donny Van der Beek scores a good volley on his return from injury to win the game.

Jonny Evans has signed for a few games for United, it was great seeing him in a United shirt again after all these years.

We desperately need to get a couple of strikers in or we will be really struggling for goals when the season starts, we can't just really on Rashford when he returns. In the first half the stronger United side played with a false 9 again and despite some good build up play not having a focal point was again an issue.

Next up Arsenal in New Jersey on Saturday night @10pm UK time.

A bit surprising to see Evans at United. Is there any chance they might sign him? Especially if United move on a few defenders this transfer window.

Rashford will be key to United's season. Like you mention though, United need to strengthen their squad, because an important player like Rashford needs to have his game time managed properly.

Haven't seen a minute of Arsenal yet this preseason, and I haven't found out yet where I will be able to watch the game against United. Arsenal play an MLS All-Stars team 1:30 AM (UK time); too late for me to watch a game at that time of night, haha!

Not sure whether Maguire will be going to the States, it will be a big indication as to whether he is staying. Looking at it logically I think it's a numbers game, if Maguire leaving mean we lack cover he will have to stay.

Evans was just training at Carrington for fitness and apparently Ten Hag thought it woukd be a good idea for him to play for a few preseason games so signed him for two games... If Evans impresses he may stay longer, maybe Ten Hag sees Evans as back up if Maguire goes?

That makes sense. For all his mistakes, Maguire is still an experienced player.

As a squad player, United could do a lot worse than signing Evans. He's 35, so not young obviously, but he won't be required to play a lot either, I would imagine.

Big money is hard to turn down, obviously. But for players that already have such high wages, I can't understand why so many players are open to a move to the Saudi league.

Thanks, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Have only seen a couple of the goals on Twitter. Looks to have been a decent performance by Arsenal.
    It's a really promising transfer window from Arsenal so far. There are more positions to cover obviously, so I hope they get more deals over the line.

Unless there's some rules restricting them, I bet we'll see a lot more of these transfers. You can understand players wanting a good pay, but many of these players are still at a point in their careers where they could still achieve – and earn – a lot in Europe. Partey is rumoured to the Saudi league too, which could heavily impact the rest of the transfer window for Arsenal.

Its a typical Man United window deals are drawn out and take forever. Year after year we don't have new signings involved during preseason, its irritating.

Arsenal have been there too, though they are getting better at managing transfer windows than before. You can understand that the complexity of transfers requires time and a lot of back and forth between the clubs, but it's obviously beneficial to get deals done early.

With MU its not clear how much money we have to spend with the so called take over that is not happening. It appears from distance that we are relying on selling players first then we can buy which is never good.

That makes things considerably more difficult, for sure. The timing and the lengthy process of the takeover couldn't have been worse with the transfer window well underway, so it will be very interesting to see how the club manages this transfer window.

Some good news is Maquire is no longer club captain and he is being linked with Newcastle, hopefully we can sell him to some unsuspecting team that does not realize how bad he is.

Interesting. I wonder though, if he will walk straight into that Newcastle team, or if he becomes a rotation player? Newcastle – like United – will aim high next season, and given his performances, I don't see him as a particularly great defender at all…
    Another good display by the kids in the second half vs Lyon, Donny Van der Beek scores a good volley on his return from injury to win the game.

Jonny Evans has signed for a few games for United, it was great seeing him in a United shirt again after all these years.

We desperately need to get a couple of strikers in or we will be really struggling for goals when the season starts, we can't just really on Rashford when he returns. In the first half the stronger United side played with a false 9 again and despite some good build up play not having a focal point was again an issue.

A bit surprising to see Evans at United. Is there any chance they might sign him? Especially if United move on a few defenders this transfer window.

Rashford will be key to United's season. Like you mention though, United need to strengthen their squad, because an important player like Rashford needs to have his game time managed properly.

Haven't seen a minute of Arsenal yet this preseason, and I haven't found out yet where I will be able to watch the game against United. Arsenal play an MLS All-Stars team 1:30 AM (UK time); too late for me to watch a game at that time of night, haha!

Not sure whether Maguire will be going to the States, it will be a big indication as to whether he is staying. Looking at it logically I think it's a numbers game, if Maguire leaving mean we lack cover he will have to stay.

Evans was just training at Carrington for fitness and apparently Ten Hag thought it woukd be a good idea for him to play for a few preseason games so signed him for two games... If Evans impresses he may stay longer, maybe Ten Hag sees Evans as back up if Maguire goes?

As a squad player, United could do a lot worse than signing Evans. He's 35, so not young obviously, but he won't be required to play a lot either, I would imagine.

Big money is hard to turn down, obviously. But for players that already have such high wages, I can't understand why so many players are open to a move to the Saudi league.

Thanks, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Have only seen a couple of the goals on Twitter. Looks to have been a decent performance by Arsenal.

Yeah Arsenal looked sharp, United hopefully will field a strong side on Saturday against them. We have signed Onana though I heard they have to sort a visa for the US Tour for him, that clash maybe to soon for him to feature.

Yeah Arsenal looked sharp, United hopefully will field a strong side on Saturday against them. We have signed Onana though I heard they have to sort a visa for the US Tour for him, that clash maybe to soon for him to feature.

He looks to be a very smart signing by United. Are there any rumours where David de Gea might end up?
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

In some instances Saudi maybe doing club a favor by buying players that are surplus, I could draw up a list of Man United players for them lol.

Yes good to get rid of some average bench players.

Do you think Manu should keep Greenwood ?

He looks to be a very smart signing by United. Are there any rumours where David de Gea might end up?

Onana may debut tonight, which is good with regards to game time. I have heard nothing regarding De Gea other than some fans were disrespectful to him which irritated me. Great servant to the club he will be missed.

Yes good to get rid of some average bench players.

Do you think Manu should keep Greenwood ?

Bailey is off to Saudi apparently, so some money there for Man United. I think Greenwood will go on loan for a year I suspectand long term I expect he will be back, just a hunch.
    Mbappe left out of PSG pre season squad...

Onana may debut tonight, which is good with regards to game time. I have heard nothing regarding De Gea other than some fans were disrespectful to him which irritated me. Great servant to the club he will be missed.

At his best, De Gea has been fantastic for United. Many fans have short term memory as far as performances go.
    Mbappe left out of PSG pre season squad...

I saw a tweet suggesting Chelsea have shown interest in signing Mbappé. Expect he'll end up at Real Madrid, no matter who try and make a move to sign him.
    Just watching Onana training with the squad so should feature, apparently he is a very good cenral midfielder also. I can't wait to see United play further up the pitch with him in goal.

I wonder what his FPL price will be.

Edited: 5 million, interesting.
    Just watching Onana training with the squad so should feature, apparently he is a very good cenral midfielder also. I can't wait to see United play further up the pitch with him in goal.

Definitely on my watchlist. If I don't start the season with a United defender, I might be tempted by Onana at 5.0.

Definitely on my watchlist. If I don't start the season with a United defender, I might be tempted by Onana at 5.0.

It makes it easier to bring in another playing keeper, it all depends which other United players I am likely to go for.
    Arsenal

A Ramsdale
    J Timber
    W Saliba
    G dos Santos Magalhães
    T Tomiyasu
    M Ødegaard
    D Rice
    K Havertz
    B Saka
    E Nketiah
    G Martinelli

Substitutes
    K Tierney
    B White
    T Partey
    G Jesus
    E Smith-Rowe
    R Rúnarsson
    J Kiwior
    R Holding
    L Trossard
    Jorginho
    F Vieira
    F Balogun
    M Oliveira Alencar
    K Hein
    A Trusty
    A Cozier-Duberry

Man Utd

T Heaton
    A Wan-Bissaka
    R Varane
    L Martínez
    L Shaw
    B Fernandes (c)
    K Mainoo
    A Garnacho Ferreyra
    M Mount
    A dos Santos
    J Sancho

Substitutes
    V Lindelöf
    H Maguire
    M Rashford
    C Eriksen
    A Diallo
    Casemiro
    D Dalot
    F Pellistri
    N Bishop
    B Williams
    D van de Beek
    S McTominay
    H Mejbri
    O Forson
    D Gore
    Á Fernández
    R Vítek

No Onana. Both starting with a strongish sides. Dan Gore on United's bench is a player to watch if he features in the second half.
    Good crowd for the game 80'000, the METLIFE stadium is impressive.

It makes it easier to bring in another playing keeper, it all depends which other United players I am likely to go for.

My team will depend a lot on the United players, by the looks of it. Onana, Shaw, Fernandes and Rashford – all of them can be in my gameweek 1 team. Preseason will have a lot of impact who, and how many of them, I'll go for.
    OMG United should have scored.

My team will depend a lot on the United players, by the looks of it. Onana, Shaw, Fernandes and Rashford – all of them can be in my gameweek 1 team. Preseason will have a lot of impact who, and how many of them, I'll go for.

Yeah those are the 4 players I will be looking at, got Bruno at moment though likely to sway to Rashford if Bruno is less advanced.
    Brilliant attacking football from United Mount heavily involved.
    Double save from Heaton Arsenal had a great chance.
    Not able to watch the game unfortunately, as Arsenal charge money for access via their website. Will try and catch highlights when they're available.
    Not able to watch the game unfortunately, as Arsenal charge money for access via their website. Will try and catch highlights when they're available.

MUTV is £7.99 a month so reasonable, i only subscribe for pre season games.

Decent game so far, pretty even.
    Brunoooo, great work from Mainoo in the build up. Mainoo is only 18 had a great game in midfield. 1 - 0.
    Sancho with a corker 2 - 0, done well in this game as a false 9.
    Its a shame there will be changes at half time United have been excellent a far more aggressive team. I was expecting Arsenal to win this after there previous result.
    Almost 3 a typical Antony shot. Half time.
    Irrespective of the score apparently there will be a penalty shoot out at the end of the game ?
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 17,295

MUTV is £7.99 a month so reasonable, i only subscribe for pre season games.

Decent game so far, pretty even.

Can't remember the price for the preseason games on Arsenal.com, but I think it was more than £7.99. Looking at the score, it's probably just as well that I haven't paid for the game!
    Irrespective of the score apparently there will be a penalty shoot out at the end of the game ?

Saw a tweet about that, and it seems like it will be a penalty shoot out. I think they did the same in a preseason game Arsenal played in the US last year too.