The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Daniel Levy begs Harry Kane to leave Spurs

According to reports Hojlund and Amrabat are close to signing for an United. I am not used to deals being done so quickly with with United :)) We need to go in for Kane though to really challenge for the league...

Felt the same way about Arsenal signing Rice, Timber and Havertz, haha!

Will United try and sign Kane if they sign Rasmus Højlund?

Not sure though my gut tells me they have to go in for him, its the perfect opportunity to get a world class striker. If they don't it shows a lack of ambition, also for months Kane has been touted as Ten Hag's priority signing. Of course things may be going on behind the scenes we are not aware of.

United is one of the very few clubs that probably can afford to buy him, as well as having a standing that might attract a player like Kane. I saw a few tweets jokingly suggesting Arsenal as a good club for Kane (on paper he would be a great signing), but I doubt he'd ever consider that move :))

It has happened before though Kane is Spurs through and through I would be shocked if he went to the Gunners.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Man United v Real Madrid @1.30am I really want to watch it live 😂 I know if I wait for the replay I will accidentally see the result before watching. Onana should debut, he is my current FPL keeper.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

According to reports Hojlund and Amrabat are close to signing for an United. I am not used to deals being done so quickly with with United :)) We need to go in for Kane though to really challenge for the league...

Not sure though my gut tells me they have to go in for him, its the perfect opportunity to get a world class striker. If they don't it shows a lack of ambition, also for months Kane has been touted as Ten Hag's priority signing. Of course things may be going on behind the scenes we are not aware of.

United is one of the very few clubs that probably can afford to buy him, as well as having a standing that might attract a player like Kane. I saw a few tweets jokingly suggesting Arsenal as a good club for Kane (on paper he would be a great signing), but I doubt he'd ever consider that move :))

It has happened before though Kane is Spurs through and through I would be shocked if he went to the Gunners.

Trossard is better than Kane...... :)>-

We need some defenders.
    edited July 2023 Posts: 2,357

Liverpool need some defenders. :)]
    Too many goals conceded in pre season.

:))

Yes, it's very, very unlikely. Would be a fun story though; Sol Campbell all over again!

I don't know about that, but Trossard has adapted well to Arsenal and the way Arteta wants to play.

Haven't watched any preseason games as of yet. How have Liverpool played this preseason so far, goals conceded aside?

Yes, it's very, very unlikely. Would be a fun story though; Sol Campbell all over again!

I don't know about that, but Trossard has adapted well to Arsenal and the way Arteta wants to play.

Haven't watched any preseason games as of yet. How have Liverpool played this preseason so far, goals conceded aside?

Trossard played like or better than Kane today.
    You are only as good as your last game as they say. :))
    Saka missed another pen today... Time to get him off pens ?

I haven't watched any Liverpool preseason games just the highlights.
    Virgil van Dijk and Joël Matip in their 30's and klopp playing trent in defence again is a concern defensively again. :-O
    Jordan Henderson leaves Liverpool for Saudi Arabia

I think Kane is a little bit better than Trossard ;)
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 17,352

Trossard played like or better than Kane today.
    You are only as good as your last game as they say. :))
    Saka missed another pen today... Time to get him off pens ?

I haven't watched any Liverpool preseason games just the highlights.
    Virgil van Dijk and Joël Matip in their 30's and klopp playing trent in defence again is a concern defensively again. :-O

Haha, yes – so they say! :))
    Saka missing pens is worrying. With Jesus on the pitch, they do have a good penalty taker who can step in. Jorginho too, obviously – and Trossard. Martinelli have also taken a few good pens, but I don't quite remember his track record as far as penalty kicks goes.

There's an age issue considering that van Dijk and Matip won't get any younger, as you mention. Liverpool's transfer window has been pretty quiet, but I imagine they must be looking to lower the average age of the squad a bit, bringing in top quality younger players.
    Jordan Henderson leaves Liverpool for Saudi Arabia

Hahaha, great one! :))
    I think Kane is a little bit better than Trossard ;)

Don't think anyone will deny that! Arsenal have got a good, versatile player with Trossard though, which is obviously very important. The striker position does worry me a bit. Jesus is very good at combining with the other players around him, but you would like more goals from him than he's been able to deliver for Arsenal yet. Same with Nketiah. Balogun's future at Arsenal looks uncertain, and I doubt they are looking to bring in a striker anytime soon.
    According to reports MU's main sponsor has given there backing for Greenwood to play.

I have been watching a lot of preseason highlights I am none the wiser who I should pick for my team.
    According to reports MU's main sponsor has given there backing for Greenwood to play.

I have been watching a lot of preseason highlights I am none the wiser who I should pick for my team.

How will fans react to Greenwood returning, though?

I have hardly touched my initial draft picks, as there has been few standout players I have had to reshuffle my team for. Still some time left though, and there might be some transfers that might turn things upside down.

I have hardly touched my initial draft picks, as there has been few standout players I have had to reshuffle my team for. Still some time left though, and there might be some transfers that might turn things upside down.

Very mixed from fan base regarding Greenwood.

Just hearing that Hojlund is a done deal 70m in total. Rasmus is a raw talent though what I have seen for a 20 year old he looks good. We desperately need at least one number 9.
    edited July 2023 Posts: 23,562

Just hearing that Hojlund is a done deal 70m in total. Rasmus is a raw talent though what I have seen for a 20 year old he looks good. We desperately need at least one number 9.

Understandably so. Benjamin Mendy was acquitted recently too, but I imagine a lot of City fans would be mixed about him returning to the City team. In any case, he's now signed with Lorient, after his City contract expired.

70m sounds a lot, but if Højlund can deliver, it will be worth the transfer fee.

Understandably so. Benjamin Mendy was acquitted recently too, but I imagine a lot of City fans would be mixed about him returning to the City team. In any case, he's now signed with Lorient, after his City contract expired.

70m sounds a lot, but if Højlund can deliver, it will be worth the transfer fee.

20 is a good age and I am happy that we are not getting in plasters like Cavani and Weghorst. We have not had a decent number 9 in a long time, now we have a player we can develop.
    Not the transfer news one would expect, but still interesting from an Arsenal point of view.

20 is a good age and I am happy that we are not getting in plasters like Cavani and Weghorst. We have not had a decent number 9 in a long time, now we have a player we can develop.

It's a bit strange how a team like United have struggled to fill that position. From a player and age profile, this looks like a step in the right direction.
    Not the transfer news one would expect, but still interesting from an Arsenal point of view.

It's a bit strange how a team like United have struggled to fill that position. From a player and age profile, this looks like a step in the right direction.

There were a few who commented after the Man united game that Ramsdale does not fit the mold of a modern day ball playing keeper.

i was awake at 2am to watch the Man United v Dortmund game, another loss through silly individual era's. Ten Hag was not happy though not so much with the goals conceded it was the performance of first team players who came on for the last 30 minutes. We still have 2 weeks admittedly, many players who joined up late need to do a lot of work to get match sharp.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,357
    Al Hilal bid £120.3m for Napoli's Victor Osimhen | Striker offered £1m per week

The arabs strike again
    No european club will match this wage ? Maybe PSG ?

edited August 2023 Posts: 23,562

The arabs strike again

Give it 2 or 3 years the European Leagues will be ravaged by top players leaving for Saudi plus Europes wages will sky rocket if this continues. I am not sure if FIFA can do anything about it, UEFA certainly cannot its out of there jurisdiction.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,357

The arabs strike again

Give it 2 or 3 years the European Leagues will be ravaged by top players leaving for Saudi plus Europes wages will sky rocket if this continues. I am not sure if FIFA can do anything about it, UEFA certainly cannot its out of there jurisdiction.

Yes it could happen.
    An unnamed Saudi Arabian club have made an approach to Brighton over the signing of Chelsea target Moises Caicedo

Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus to miss start of season after undergoing knee surgery

The arabs strike again

Yes it could happen.
    An unnamed Saudi Arabian club have made an approach to Brighton over the signing of Chelsea target Moises Caicedo

Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus to miss start of season after undergoing knee surgery

I was considering Jesus early on.

Just looked at my team for the first time in a while and made several changes, I have managed to have 12 very good players with strong early fixtures, currently i have no Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle or Chelsea players in my team though.

United are playing after lunch, Rasmus should be unveiled at Old Trafford according to reports, he has already signed its just not been made official yet.

The arabs strike again

Yes it could happen.

Just looked at my team for the first time in a while and made several changes, I have managed to have 12 very good players with strong early fixtures, currently i have no Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle or Chelsea players in my team though.

United are playing after lunch, Rasmus should be unveiled at Old Trafford according to reports, he has already signed its just not been made official yet.

Just checked and Jesus is in my team.

Josko Gvardiol: Man City complete £77.6m signing of RB Leipzig and Croatia defender

City missing some goal scorers Mahrez and Gundogan this season, will be interesting ?

The arabs strike again

Yes it could happen.

Just checked and Jesus is in my team.

Josko Gvardiol: Man City complete £77.6m signing of RB Leipzig and Croatia defender

City missing some goal scorers Mahrez and Gundogan this season, will be interesting ?

Just saw on Sky Sports City had signed Gvardiol, as I like others have City defenders it makes things more problematic. I am banking on Gvardiol not going straight into the City line up despite his price.
    @007InAction are any of the women's World Cup games being played near to where you are?
    Rasmus getting a roaring ovation at Old Trafford, I did not know he is a Man United fan. 6'3 and very quick technically gifted and only 20, great potential.
    Strong United line up pretty much the team that will face Wolves in 9 days. Lens a good side so will be the ideal test.
    The grounds men have done an amazing job with the pitch.
    Onana already wanting to get involved in a sweeper role.
    @007InAction are any of the women's World Cup games being played near to where you are?

A few are.

Liverpool need a sweeper, bayern scored 4 against us.

Has Rashford scored in pre season ?

A few are.

Liverpool need a sweeper, bayern scored 4 against us.

Has Rashford scored in pre season ?

Rashford came back late so not had much game time...

Omg United should have scored then.

Rashford not scored at all though looked bright as the last game went on.

I think Liverpool desperately need a CDM.

Mount fluffed a shot after some great build up play, the quicker Mount gets his first goal the better.