The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

This may not age well... lets see which shirt he ends up wearing lol
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Moises Caicedo 'only wants Chelsea' & is set to reject Liverpool move as Blues prepare to smash transfer record to pull off unbelievable hijacking
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The inflated market is ridiculous, though both teams need that type of player.
    It's been a busy week, so I haven't been able to keep up with the recent happenings in the transfer market – or FPL for that matter.

It looks like Kane is on the way to Bayern now, and that certainly shakes things up a bit. Haaland and a mid priced or budget striker + a bench 4.5 option looks to be nailed as far as the striker positions goes, in my team.

Just trying to figure out those last few picks now…
    I hope everyone is ready for another FPL season to kick off! Remember the gameweek 1 deadline, tonight at 18:30 UK time!
    Still undecided with my team, hoping for team news.
    Fell asleep on the couch (why today of all days!), so I had a very hectic time trying to find any news. I think Stones doesn't start – a player I have had in several drafts, but not my final one.

From being quite settled on my starting eleven, I started changing things up 15 minutes before the deadline. Really not sure I like my final team!
    Fell asleep on the couch (why today of all days!), so I had a very hectic time trying to find any news. I think Stones doesn't start – a player I have had in several drafts, but not my final one.

From being quite settled on my starting eleven, I started changing things up 15 minutes before the deadline. Really not sure I like my final team!

I totally changed my team late on, I could just not justify having Salah at his price lol I heard some late rumors regarding players though did not directly effect my team.
    Gvardiol is benched despite absences :)) that backfired. I got rid of Ake as he was yellow flagged.
    I brought a cheap Burnley defender to put on my Bench and he is not even in the squad, Wildcard will be hit early for me at this rate.
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 17,379

I totally changed my team late on, I could just not justify having Salah at his price lol I heard some late rumors regarding players though did not directly effect my team.

Salah didn't make my team either. Too much could be do with the funds without him.
    I brought a cheap Burnley defender to put on my Bench and he is not even in the squad, Wildcard will be hit early for me at this rate.

Didn't see that Beyer wasn't in the squad until you mentioned it. Could potentially become an issue, this (I own him too).

Edit: Beyer played! The live feed with the team lineups got it all wrong.

Starting to regret my late Foden pick. Isn't too involved…
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,365

Salah didn't make my team either. Too much could be do with the funds without him.

Didn't see that Beyer wasn't in the squad until you mentioned it. Could potentially become an issue, this (I own him too).

Picking manc players besides Erling or Ederson is not worth it as usual as i was going to pick Stones but didn't in the end.

I wonder how many people picked Bayern bound Kane ?

The "Caicedo cup" coming soon :)) Chelsea v Liverpool.........
    It could be an interesting GW as I know a few managers who opted for Rashford as Captain, early days you just want to keep in touch with the pack.
    Kane signing for Bayern is certainly a big miss to the Prem.

Forgot about the England Women's WC game, the second I put it on Columbia took the lead :))
    England get an equalizer through a calamity that was really bad just before half time.

Picking manc players besides Erling or Ederson is not worth it as usual as i was going to pick Stones but didn't in the end.

It was a short term pick anyway, as Foden will make way for whoever of the 6.5s stand out. Bit annoying he didn't get anything from a decent fixture though.
    England get an equalizer through a calamity that was really bad just before half time.

Not watching the England game because of Arsenal's early kickoff, but did catch the last half and penalty shootout between Australia and France. What a drama!

It was a short term pick anyway, as Foden will make way for whoever of the 6.5s stand out. Bit annoying he didn't get anything from a decent fixture though.

Not watching the England game because of Arsenal's early kickoff, but did catch the last half and penalty shootout between Australia and France. What a drama!

I missed the France game so don't know the result. to be honest only watched parts of random games no disrespect to women's football technically its a bit of a mess at times barring the odd standout player.
    Partey at CB, I see Gabrial is out I heard rumors he was injured. In the FPL community there were complaints from managers about FPL channel giving that news out though the channel was proved to be right.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 23,792
    Harry Kane signs for Bayern Munich
    England take lead from another error.
    Columbia keeper going off with injury, England in a strong position now, they have to test the sub keeper who is only 20 years old.
    England go through to face Australia.

Arsenal getting me some FPL points through Saliba and Saka so far, I need Ødegaard to get on the points... I hope he is not playing too deep.
    Gr bye bye clean sheet and bonus points.
    Gr Wilson benched.
    ! - 1 already Newcastle vs villa which suits me as I have no defenders from this game. Watkins has an assist for me.
    I got hit by the Isak/Wilson issue again, last season every time I opted for Isak Wilson delivered and vice versa. at least Wilson got a goal of the bench this time as a consolation.
    I think one of the players in my squad was sold as he has no fixtures :)) I will likely hit my wildcard early so thinking just to work with 14 players until then rather than waste a transfer?
    I think one of the players in my squad was sold as he has no fixtures :)) I will likely hit my wildcard early so thinking just to work with 14 players until then rather than waste a transfer?

Which player ?

Which player ?

Taylor from Burnley he cost 4.0

Which player ?

Taylor from Burnley he cost 4.0

Isn't he still at Burnley ?

Fpl should replace the players who are late subs with players on the bench who play most of the game or more points.

Trossard for example only played 17 yet i had Solly March on the bench with 9 points.

I think that would be fairer for everyone ?