The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Won't be able to watch the entire match, but the first half and the opening of the second half has been really entertaining!

Both teams will be threats this season and should not be taken likely though they both look a work in progress.
    Fell asleep on the couch (why today of all days!), so I had a very hectic time trying to find any news. I think Stones doesn't start – a player I have had in several drafts, but not my final one.

From being quite settled on my starting eleven, I started changing things up 15 minutes before the deadline. Really not sure I like my final team!

I totally changed my team late on, I could just not justify having Salah at his price lol I heard some late rumors regarding players though did not directly effect my team.

Salah didn't make my team either. Too much could be do with the funds without him.
    I brought a cheap Burnley defender to put on my Bench and he is not even in the squad, Wildcard will be hit early for me at this rate.

Didn't see that Beyer wasn't in the squad until you mentioned it. Could potentially become an issue, this (I own him too).

Edit: Beyer played! The live feed with the team lineups got it all wrong.

Starting to regret my late Foden pick. Isn't too involved…

Picking manc players besides Erling or Ederson is not worth it as usual as i was going to pick Stones but didn't in the end.

I wonder how many people picked Bayern bound Kane ?

The "Caicedo cup" coming soon :)) Chelsea v Liverpool.........

It was a short term pick anyway, as Foden will make way for whoever of the 6.5s stand out. Bit annoying he didn't get anything from a decent fixture though.
    England get an equalizer through a calamity that was really bad just before half time.

Not watching the England game because of Arsenal's early kickoff, but did catch the last half and penalty shootout between Australia and France. What a drama!

I missed the France game so don't know the result. to be honest only watched parts of random games no disrespect to women's football technically its a bit of a mess at times barring the odd standout player.

The "gap" in quality is the primary issue in women's football. There are great players – and then there's not so great players. In time, we will see women's football make leaps in quality, no doubt.
    Partey at CB, I see Gabrial is out I heard rumors he was injured. In the FPL community there were complaints from managers about FPL channel giving that news out though the channel was proved to be right.

Andy from Let's Talk FPL got a lot of criticism for the Gabriel rumour, and then it was all true in the end. Good for him, because if it didn't prove to be right, it could have hurt his views on his channel, as well as his reliability as an FPL expert.

Didn't catch his stream this time around, and from what I've heard, he was a bit cagey in the way he presented the late rumour. Don't know how true this is though, but if he was unclear in any way, you could understand how people might feel he should have acted clearer. I only saw a few late tweets naming "The Gabriel rumour on Andy's" stream, and just managed to bring in Saliba. I just didn't want to take any chances.
    I think one of the players in my squad was sold as he has no fixtures :)) I will likely hit my wildcard early so thinking just to work with 14 players until then rather than waste a transfer?

Wouldn't waste a transfer unless there's any chance of an early price drop – especially if it's just a bench player anyway.

Might act on Foden blanking and bring in whoever stands out in midfield this week, but not sure yet. Will have to wait until after the United-Wolves game.
    Fpl should replace the players who are late subs with players on the bench who play most of the game or more points.

Trossard for example only played 17 yet i had Solly March on the bench with 9 points.

I think that would be fairer for everyone ?

Interesting thought, and one that many would feel positive about – me included. On the other hand, the team selection is part of the game, and an aspect that makes the game a bit more interesting and unpredictable too.

On one channel the argument still goes on, the reality is people have there own minds lol I ignore most of the advice I here and do my own thing which does not necessarily bring me success though the decisions are down to me. Problem i had last season is i did not do the eye test enough, planning to watch all the games today that are on Sky to see what level players are at. I really hope Salah does nothing lol

FPL experts and streams can be great inspiration, but at the end of the day you just have to trust your gut feeling about players. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it don't.

I see some tweets still arguing about the Gabriel rumour still, but most will be forgotten soon enough.
    Harry Kane signs for Bayern Munich

Hahaha, this is one of his better ones! :))

Kane was a late sub in the super cup which Bayern lost 3 - 0 so Kane is still waiting for that elusive trophy :))

He will probably get the first trophy by the end of the season, but it's funny he's got to wait a bit longer :))

I think some just like to keep a argument going for the sake of it.

A few players have impressed me today and already thinking of multiple transfers lol

No doubt about that!

I have a few names on my list as well. Won't decide on anything too early though.
    Won't be able to watch the entire match, but the first half and the opening of the second half has been really entertaining!

Both teams will be threats this season and should not be taken likely though they both look a work in progress.

If either team can get their preferred starting eleven to gel, I bet they'll be in the top four. There's a lot of top players in both teams.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    If Chelsea get Caicedo I will be considering more of there players for sure. It is clear Liverpool need a CDM far more than Chelsea.
    Chelsea really are moving the ball well now.
    Enzo Fernandez is quality.
    James off injured, what a surprise.

Wonder how they've avoided FFP rules with this one…

Looks like it might have been tiredness. Still a bit concerning though.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,362

Liverpool were crazy to offer £111m for him.

They have got highly paid scouts to find players at fair prices ,not paying record fees for them like they did with Becker and van Dijk.

I think you should only pay that sort of money for a top forward only ?
    Crazy money for Caicedo though a good signing nonetheless, I suspect he is on a 50 year contract :))
    What if the current crop of players turn out to be another Pulisic, Havertz, Werner etc who were bought and sold in recent years, Chelsea may find it very difficult to get rid of the current players with there long lucrative contracts if some of them are failures...
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Caicedo signing takes Boehly spending to £887.6m!
    lcimg-6d4530f8-91d4-4f9d-bbe6-ea09908aabdc.jpeg
    Liverpool agree £60m Lavia deal | Chelsea haven't given up on deal
    edited August 2023 Posts: 23,687
    25 minutes in I am not impressed by United, there is a chasm between our defense and attack. Casemiro, Bruno and Mount is not working. Either Bruno or Mount needs to play deeper to link the defense and attack. Ericson needs t come on if this continues.

Wolves the better side, almost scored.
    Sancho and Ericson finally on on 68 minutes, Mount and Garnacho off both were poor.
    How Wolves are not leading is beyond me.
    Varane goal thank f.... Wan Bissaka assist fitting as they have been two of the better players.

Liverpool were crazy to offer £111m for him.

They have got highly paid scouts to find players at fair prices ,not paying record fees for them like they did with Becker and van Dijk.

I think you should only pay that sort of money for a top forward only ?

Definitely agree, and even then fees like these are ridiculous. But that's football in 2023, I guess…
    What if the current crop of players turn out to be another Pulisic, Havertz, Werner etc who were bought and sold in recent years, Chelsea may find it very difficult to get rid of the current players with there long lucrative contracts if some of them are failures...

I can't really understand how they can get away with this, long contracts or not. Surely it has to come back to bite them at some point.
    Looks like a penalty in 95th minute to wolves, reckless from Onana.
    No penalty...
    Maybe a 50/50 collision.
    Onana must have made 7 or 8 saves in this game, Wolves have been excellent. Very stressful watch.
    Onana clean sheets and saves will certainly affect my overall rank…
    A win is a win though we need to do much better vs Spurs, Sancho and Ericson must start.
    FPL Live site down though I think Onana got me 10 points.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 23,687
    Onana 9 points, my overall total was 80 which is as good as it could have been with the squad I selected. I already made a transfer yesterday.

@Torgeirtrap you are ranked 170,935 good start.

I was expecting a pen though not complaining.
    United need to get the Amrabat deal done, we need a destroyer a long side Casemiro when needed.

Someone pointed out a more or less identical situation with Lloris, which was awarded a pen…

Someone pointed out a more or less identical situation with Lloris, which was awarded a pen…

Yeah i think Messii got a pen for a similar incident.