The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2023 Posts: 23,566
    Very open game there is no way we can play Bruno, Mount and Casemiro in midfield against the likes of City.

Mount shot b;locked, mount making good runs.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Onana is very impressive.
    :)) Onana just got lobbed though it was Dalot who lost possession in a dangerous area.

0 - 1 Lens.
    Onana was way off his line hmm.
    Half time, United had some decent play though in front of goal not converting chances which has been an issue this preseason. we desperately need a Number 9 to occupy defenders as Rashford is just not suited to that. The quicker Rasmus is integrated into the team the better, no idea whats happening with Martial he has not appeared at all during preseason.

Rashford needs to be back on the left ASAP, I actually think Sancho does a better job as a false 9 rather than have Rashford as a 9.
    Garnacho looked very lively for United.
    2 minutes into 2nd half great pass from Antony, Rashford goal...

1 - 1
    Whoa that was absolutely outstanding Antony goal, brilliant counter attack. 2 - 1
    3 - 1 Rashford again I think.
    Casemiro goal, Rashford headed it on to him lol

United's intensity in second half has stepped up big time, Ten Hag must have had words.
    3 - 1 full time. excellent second half from United a good test very competitive.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    @007InAction are any of the women's World Cup games being played near to where you are?

A few are.

Liverpool need a sweeper, bayern scored 4 against us.

Has Rashford scored in pre season ?

Rashford came back late so not had much game time...

Omg United should have scored then.

Rashford not scored at all though looked bright as the last game went on.

I think Liverpool desperately need a CDM.

I think Liverpool need De Zerbi.

Rashford has to be in everyone's Fpl team.
    @007InAction are any of the women's World Cup games being played near to where you are?

A few are.

Liverpool need a sweeper, bayern scored 4 against us.

Has Rashford scored in pre season ?

Rashford came back late so not had much game time...

Omg United should have scored then.

Rashford not scored at all though looked bright as the last game went on.

I think Liverpool desperately need a CDM.

I think Liverpool need De Zerbi.

Rashford has to be in everyone's Fpl team.

Rashford looked good today, I would definitely have him in my team for the first 3 games, though it comes down to what managers want to spend there funds on.
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 17,355
    Been busy this week, so haven't had much time to keep up with preseason results. Really happy with the Community Shield performance by Arsenal today though. An overall good game by Arsenal, and they didn't allow City many chances – which you would normally expect them too. Timber looks very promising, and Saliba had a good game too.
    Been busy this week, so haven't had much time to keep up with preseason results. Really happy with the Community Shield performance by Arsenal today though. An overall good game by Arsenal, and they didn't allow City many chances – which you would normally expect them too. Timber looks very promising, and Saliba had a good game too.

I forgot the Community Shield was on, also United had another game. I watched the Community Shield highlights. I think City are weaker losing Mahrez and Gundogen they were two very important players for them last season. If City does not replace them I think it could be a more open race for the title.

I forgot the Community Shield was on, also United had another game. I watched the Community Shield highlights. I think City are weaker losing Mahrez and Gundogen they were two very important players for them last season. If City does not replace them I think it could be a more open race for the title.

I will be very surprised if City doesn't bring in at least one more attacking player this transfer window. There's the January window too, of course.

I will be very surprised if City doesn't bring in at least one more attacking player this transfer window. There's the January window too, of course.

I would not be surprised if they went for Mbappe, though not sure how that would work with financial fair play, someone the other day even suggested City may even go for Kane, not sure how that would work with Haaland.

I would not be surprised if they went for Mbappe, though not sure how that would work with financial fair play, someone the other day even suggested City may even go for Kane, not sure how that would work with Haaland.

Clubs have found ways around financial fair play before, so you never know! I imagine Pep is very keen on finding direct replacements for Mahrez and Gündoğan more so than adding another striker to their squad. Rumours suggest City have an interest in Kvaratskhelia, which makes sense.

Clubs have found ways around financial fair play before, so you never know! I imagine Pep is very keen on finding direct replacements for Mahrez and Gündoğan more so than adding another striker to their squad. Rumours suggest City have an interest in Kvaratskhelia, which makes sense.

True City are especially good at that, United are often pretty poor when it comes to getting players in lol apparently a number of players are on there way out which could raise £100 +, we will see.

True City are especially good at that, United are often pretty poor when it comes to getting players in lol apparently a number of players are on there way out which could raise £100 +, we will see.

Expect United haven't finished strengthening their squad either – especially if several players are on their way out. It will be interesting to see who they bring in.
    Chelsea's £52m summer signing Christopher Nkunku has been ruled out for an "extended period" after undergoing knee surgery.
    Apparently a fee has been agreed for Maguire with West Ham...

I best check my FPL team, i think i need to make a few changes lol

Good job I checked my team a few players were flagged, not happy with a few positions.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,357

Good job I checked my team a few players were flagged, not happy with a few positions.

If he is sold to West Ham that would be the sale of the century. :)]

Garnacho should start ?

Ben Doak has been been playing very well for us but at only 17 he's not in the squad atm.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,357
    Bayern Munich have agreed a deal worth close to £100m to sign England captain Harry Kane - but the striker could yet stay at Tottenham.

If he is sold to West Ham that would be the sale of the century. :)]

Garnacho should start ?

Ben Doak has been been playing very well for us but at only 17 he's not in the squad atm.

If Rashford starts as a number 9 i expect Garnacho to start on the left, that is until Rasmus is ready. Sancho may play as a fasle 9 in games or late in games which would put Rashford back on the left so Garnacho could be subbed in that scenario.

Just heard United are putting a bid in for Kane, Spurs have already accepted a bid from Bayern of 100 Million. I suspected United may join the race for Kane. My gut tells me Kane may prefer United or a top Prem side so he can break Shearers all time record.

Fred has been sold, Maguire and Mctominay close so United are getting players off the books, I expect at least another 3 or 4 players to be sold.
    Further investigation it appears the Kane so called United bid is bs.
    Liverpool agree British-record £111m fee to sign Caicedo

Just heard that Caicedo has chosen Chelsea. I think until a player is wearing a shirt we have to take what ever the media says with a pinch of salt.

Just heard that Caicedo has chosen Chelsea. I think until a player is wearing a shirt we have to take what ever the media says with a pinch of salt.

Liverpool have agreed a British-record transfer fee with Brighton for midfielder Moises Caicedo - but Chelsea remain hopeful of doing a deal of their own.