The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    That was a nightmare to watch.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Lucky United .... serious problems continue in this side. They are an FPL avoid for now ... but do I knee-jerk Ronaldo out of my squad, that is the question. Sorry I brought him in ....
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 17,293
    Feyador wrote: »
    My key takeaway from my recent missteps is not to take hits under time constraints and in the absence of crucial information, especially when the players I am taking hits for may themselves have future games postponed. I think we could be living with this for months .... As things stand now I'll probably do the heretical-for-FPL and bring in a second strong keeper with De Gea alongside an absent Ramsdale. The keeper position has for me been especially problematic in recent gameweeks, which in a normal season should never be the case.

I've been thinking of the potential De Gea/Ramsdale double-up as well, but I don't have the funds to do it. And after that result I wonder if it's a good idea…Certainly considering a hit to bring back Salah now…

Another option to consider: Ronaldo to Kane for free? :-?
    My key takeaway from my recent missteps is not to take hits under time constraints and in the absence of crucial information, especially when the players I am taking hits for may themselves have future games postponed. I think we could be living with this for months .... As things stand now I'll probably do the heretical-for-FPL and bring in a second strong keeper with De Gea alongside an absent Ramsdale. The keeper position has for me been especially problematic in recent gameweeks, which in a normal season should never be the case.

I've been thinking of the potential De Gea/Ramsdale double-up as well, but I don't have the funds to do it. And after that result I wonder if it's a good idea…Certainly considering a hit to bring back Salah now…

Haha ... yeah, my thoughts, too. Not sure about De Gea now, even if he's just about the only thing providing United with some semblance of credibility.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am going Ronny to Kane after watching that mess.
    Hmm ... not sure I trust Kane with that kind of investment, as well. But CR7 might get rested midweek. Nevertheless, I lack players so will keep him for another GW.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 735
    Not a lot of options up front, at the moment. Lukaku has Liverpool & City upcoming, plus scheduled blanks for Chelsea.
    Hmm ... not sure I trust Kane with that kind of investment, as well. But CR7 might get rested midweek. Nevertheless, I lack players so will keep him for another GW.

Actually, United just had 16 days off so rest should not be an issue. He'll play ....
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2021 Posts: 2,354
    First rule of FPL club... Don't forget to Pick Team for the GW, like i did ... ~X( :))
    First rule of FPL club... Don't forget to Pick Team for the GW, like i did ... ~X( :))

Ouch! dont forget another GW starts today.

---

Think I will stick with my current team and bank a transfer, keep Ronny for the Home game v Burnley. I am not going to rip my team apart o get Salah back in.

Haha ... yeah, my thoughts, too. Not sure about De Gea now, even if he's just about the only thing providing United with some semblance of credibility.

Sanchez is an option too – potentially with a cheaper United defender to cover United's doubles.

I don't trust Kane either (I've never had any luck owning him in the past), but Sp*rs looks to have found a bit of form – which United are far from achieving.

This one is also hilarious!

We have another deadline coming up today, so we hardly have time to congratulate our gameweek 19 winner! Many of us found gameweek 19 a challenge. Not only were we without a Liverpool game where an in-form Salah would have been the captain for many, we also had a site crash just minutes before the deadline, so many of us didn't get the chance to make the changes we wanted to!

That certainly didn't stop our gameweek 19 winner from picking up fantastic score. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ? managed incredible 89 points, which resulted in a gameweek rank of 6 099! Congratulations! =D>

w0pi0vH.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?

With the next deadline just around the corner, I'll write down the league table standing once the gameweek is over.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,375
    Congratulations ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ? impressive haul for this GW.

Concerned with my bench though this is not a good week to make transfers IMO, and a Free hit would basically be to get a few players in which could be a waste.
    Concerned with my bench though this is not a good week to make transfers IMO, and a Free hit would basically be to get a few players in which could be a waste.

I'm very much in the same boat, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I a, considering a -4 at the moment, but I might also just make a single transfer. Will have to decide soon in case there's another site crash!

Did briefly consider the Free Hit this morning, but as you point out, you won't change that many players necessarily, which should be the point of the chip anyway…
    Rumours Gallagher has Covid which is a major concern for me team as my bench is terrible.

Tying up so much cash in Ronaldo has backfired I am stuck to make a move and selling Ronaldo prior to a home game could be a huge mistake.
    Rumours Gallagher has Covid which is a major concern for me team as my bench is terrible.

Tying up so much cash in Ronaldo has backfired I am stuck to make a move and selling Ronaldo prior to a home game could be a huge mistake.

I'm in a bit of a tricky spot with Ronaldo too; can't bring in anyone I really want.
    Just took a hit to put 2 players on my bench :)) though got Gray in as I think he will do something v Newcastle.

I think Cancelo or Dias or both will be rested so concerned there and if Gallagher is out I cant field 11 players.
    Dam had a Free Hit Team ready and missed the deadline so I did not double check my team that was in place :))

I had Salah and Lukaku
    Just made a decision I might regret: Ramsdale, Bernardo and Lacazette to De Gea, Son and Broja (-8). I was only on a FT with De Gea, but decided to take a gamble to potentially change up my team a bit for the coming gameweeks. With no other playing GK, I see this as a -6 move more than a -8, if De Gea manages 2 points.
    Dam had a Free Hit Team ready and missed the deadline so I did not double check my team that was in place :))

Did you plan to play it?
    Yeah went with triple United defence, Salah, Lukaku, Foden, Bernard Silva. I just was not quick enough.
    iVFlnJk.png

My team in the end, not happy with the bench order, though if a few players out wont matter. think I wasted a -4. I was panicking.
    Yeah went with triple United defence, Salah, Lukaku, Foden, Bernard Silva. I just was not quick enough.

Could have been a very good FH team that!
    iVFlnJk.png

My team in the end, not happy with the bench order, though if a few players out wont matter. think I wasted a -4. I was panicking.

This is a non-FH team?

iVFlnJk.png

This is a non-FH team?

Yeah my team with only two transfers made.

iVFlnJk.png

This is a non-FH team?

That team looks really strong for this gameweek. I'll be very surprised if you don't get a good gameweek score!

iVFlnJk.png

This is a non-FH team?

That team looks really strong for this gameweek. I'll be very surprised if you don't get a good gameweek score!

At least my bench is looking a little better, though I probably should have started Dennis or sold him as he will leave for the African Nations cup soon.
    Here are the gameweek 20 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 9
    Ronaldo: 4
    Jota: 3
    Son: 2
    Cancelo: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Kane: 1
    Bernardo: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Lukaku: 1
    De Gea: 1
    Jesus: 1

Salah and Liverpool are back with a match this gameweek, so it's no surprise to see Salah topping the captaincy list yet again. Ronaldo, Jota, Son and Cancelo are the other players captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

iVFlnJk.png

This is a non-FH team?

At least my bench is looking a little better, though I probably should have started Dennis or sold him as he will leave for the African Nations cup soon.

I think many managers will envy you that bench this gameweek!

I have the same issue with Dennis. I just hope there's a decent option to replace him with.
    Just in Gallagher out so Dennis will come in, I was right to take the hit.
    Just in Gallagher out so Dennis will come in, I was right to take the hit.

A good call then! No Livramento in the Southampton squad, so I'm down to one sub now (would have been none if I didn't take the -8).
    These games are difficult to navigate, with this GW scheduled over three days, more pitfalls will no doubt happen.