The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    33 points so far with three players left, hopefully will get some bonus points. Ronaldo will make or break this GW.
    33 points so far with three players left, hopefully will get some bonus points. Ronaldo will make or break this GW.

29 points for me, with Ronaldo (C), James and Alonso left. Just noticed that my money league rival captained Lacazette as well!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,490
    Make that 36 and currently 38 (plus any bonus points to come) Dias did get the assist in the end, need Mount and Rudinger to do something v Villa.

Only left the room fir a few minutes and now it's 1 - 1

Jourginho penalty after a Reece James own goal.

Chelsea far from looking like European Champions.

Make that 36 and currently 38 (plus any bonus points to come) Dias did get the assist in the end, need Mount and Rudinger to do something v Villa.

The gameweek that keeps on giving. Double Chelsea defence for me, including James…

The gameweek that keeps on giving. Double Chelsea defence for me, including James…

Ouch!

Must be happy with Arsenal even more so if Chelsea drop points again.

United can't slip up now or top four is gone with Arsenal and Spurs improving.
    Lukaku scoes, Chelsea upped a level when he came on.
    Mount misses open goal...

star-wars-darth-vader.gif
    Lukaku brought down, Jorginho scores penalty... Again

Based on second half Lukaku is vital to this side.

Ouch!

Yes, I'm certainly happy Arsenal have managed to pick up points after the Everton game, but Sp*rs' improved form and games in hand has me worried for where Arsenal are on the table when Sp*rs have played their games.

I expect United will find form soon. Could be a strong contender for the top four in no time.

If Lukaku can become an option again, we might be looking at more varied teams!

Ouch!

Yes, I'm certainly happy Arsenal have managed to pick up points after the Everton game, but Sp*rs' improved form and games in hand has me worried for where Arsenal are on the table when Sp*rs have played their games.

I expect United will find form soon. Could be a strong contender for the top four in no time.

Lukaku cost is an issue if we have Ronny or/and Salah though could chop and change as the season progresses.

Ouch!

Lukaku cost is an issue if we have Ronny or/and Salah though could chop and change as the season progresses.

Yes, very few teams are set up to have both Salah and two premium strikers, so anyone going for Lukaku early are brave. That being said, Lukaku at his best (which we haven't seen for Chelsea yet) is up there with the best in the league.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Not to be tooooo dramatic, but today has been disaster... as in a "full-scale" one!

From an OR of 4300 to 23,000.

It would have been much better had I slept past the deadline and done nothing!
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 17,320
    Feyador wrote: »
    Not to be tooooo dramatic, but today has been disaster... as in a "full-scale" one!

From an OR of 4300 to 23,000.

It would have been much better had I slept past the deadline and done nothing!

Down to 93k myself. Not a bad OR at all really, but a 40k rank drop feels significant! I wonder if I will be able to make up for those points lost. Looking at my team right now and Arsenal's game against Wolves postponed, I might be looking at a -8 already… Had the Free Hit chip gone through before the deadline, I would be in a great position for the upcoming gameweeks.
    I got a green arrow though I am around 1'200'000 😂

I may have to make a transfer my bench is looking weak and I expect rotation of some players.
    I got a green arrow though I am around 1'200'000 😂

I may have to make a transfer my bench is looking weak and I expect rotation of some players.

If there are no other pressing issues, then sorting out the bench could be a good idea. With so many games being postponed, you might need all the bench cover you can get!

I'm already without Ramsdale, Martinelli and Lacazette for next gameweek. Any more postponements and I'll have to play a GW20 Free Hit!
    Such a quick turnover for games tomorrow, going to have to think fast on what to do. City will be a nightmare as Pep could field literally another team.

Trying to hold off on Free Hitting in case it backfires.
    Such a quick turnover for games tomorrow, going to have to think fast on what to do. City will be a nightmare as Pep could field literally another team.

Trying to hold off on Free Hitting in case it backfires.

What to do tomorrow has been in the back of my mind most of the day, but I have no idea what to do. It could be anything from no transfers, to one, a-8 or the Free Hit. Think it will come down to how my gut feeling is tomorrow; I'll either try and go for a highest possible upside, or play it safe just to get through the gameweek.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 735
    My key takeaway from my recent missteps is not to take hits under time constraints and in the absence of crucial information, especially when the players I am taking hits for may themselves have future games postponed. I think we could be living with this for months .... As things stand now I'll probably do the heretical-for-FPL and bring in a second strong keeper with De Gea alongside an absent Ramsdale. The keeper position has for me been especially problematic in recent gameweeks, which in a normal season should never be the case.
    Feyador wrote: »
    My key takeaway from my recent missteps is not to take hits under time constraints and in the absence of crucial information, especially when the players I am taking hits for may themselves have future games postponed. I think we could be living with this for months .... As things stand now I'll probably do the heretical-for-FPL and bring in a second strong keeper with De Gea alongside an absent Ramsdale. The keeper position has for me been especially problematic in recent gameweeks, which in a normal season should never be the case.

I have had two first starting keepers for a few weeks since I brought in Ederson certainly makes things easier. When I hit my Wildcard will keep two keepers that play though get a cheaper one in.
    ---

Must win game for United, with Ole backroom staff almost all gone let's see what this new management team does. Come on United!

Ronny Hatrick please [-O<
    Newcastle score with first attack X_X
    Saint Maximin
    Oh dear United not gelling at all here.
    Awful first half from United, Ronaldo does not look happy and I don't blame him. The passing in midfield has been very poor and too many errors from players.
    Callum Wilson gone down bad off the ball looks painful could be ACL.

He is walking OK now.

United have major issues players not coping at all with this formation, Rangnick needs to change things in order to get something here. I would go 442 get VDB, Sancho and Cavani on.
    Sancho and Cavani coming on for second half.
    Shoukd have been 2 - 0 great chance for Maximin
    Better from United, trying to figure out what formation MU are playing 😂
    If only Newcastle could play this rabble every week ...

Cavani get in
    Game saver from De Gea!!
    If Wilson & Saint-Maximin are still on the pitch this game is over ...