The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited December 2021 Posts: 17,293
    Good news the Clubs want to carry on playing, though that could change fast and the government could further increase restrictions.

Yep, things can change fast. From an FPL point of view we can only try to be flexible, setting up our teams depending on how the fixture list ends up looking like.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited December 2021 Posts: 735
    Surely more postponements are coming ... 90 players have tested positive as of last Sunday.

Oh, well, and for what it's worth ... at least we have the start of The Guardian's Top 100 Foorballers list to mull over in the coming days:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/dec/21/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2021
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,375
    Congratulations Incredible XI

---

Something to keep an eye on regarding game time for the two players.
    Not great for us as FPLers, perhaps ... but the MC squad is so deep Pep can do things like that (even on a whim, if he wants) and in doing so send a message to the rest of the squad, as well. It might be best to go without any MC attackers for this reason, which feels perverse given that they're collectively amazing assets, but only in theory ....
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pep may put Grealish and Foden straight back into the starting line up though he could easily not play them to teach them a further lesson. For the foreseeable future I am sticking with my 3 city defenders.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Surely more postponements are coming ... 90 players have tested positive as of last Sunday.

Oh, well, and for what it's worth ... at least we have the start of The Guardian's Top 100 Foorballers list to mull over in the coming days:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/dec/21/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2021

Some great footballer mentioned already, and they're just down to nr. 71 yet!

_________

Frustrating news as an owner as to why Foden didn't play last gameweek. Certainly won't make it easier if Pep decides to keep him on the bench as punishment.

But with double gameweeks certain to happen at some point, maybe we won't need any City mids in our teams…?
    I'm going to wait a week and then shift Foden ... or at least I'd like to do so ... for Son. Maybe Davies & Martinelli for Alonso & Gallagher plus -4 to make it happen. But of course a lot can (and will, no doubt) change in that time.
    With the back log of games Spurs have I will definately be getting Son, and possibly a Man United asset at some point, though Ragnick's team is still in the teething process.
    There has been an announcement that FPL managers have been given an extra Free Hit Chip for 21/22 season.

*You can't use 2 Free Hit Chips in a row.

Currently the only Chip I have used is the Wild Card Chip.
    There has been an announcement that FPL managers have been given an extra Free Hit Chip for 21/22 season.

Apparently it'll be active from GW 20.

I've used my first WC and Bench Boost so far ...

Probably going to need all of my bench this week if the Villa/Chelsea game gets postponed.
    Just noticed Antonio is yellow flagged with illness.

I have a few Chelsea assets myself.
    I'm going to wait a week and then shift Foden ... or at least I'd like to do so ... for Son. Maybe Davies & Martinelli for Alonso & Gallagher plus -4 to make it happen. But of course a lot can (and will, no doubt) change in that time.

Sounds like smart moves! I have no idea what to do at the moment, but Son is definitely a player I want.

This certainly changes the planning! I see there's a lot of angry FPL managers on Twitter. A lot of them have spent time planning the strategy for the upcoming gameweeks (with all the factors that might impact their teams), just for that to go out the window with the introduction of the additional chip. Definitely see their point, though I'm not surprised that FPL introduced another variable into the game. It's their interest to keep people playing.

Sounds like smart moves! I have no idea what to do at the moment, but Son is definitely a player I want.

This certainly changes the planning! I see there's a lot of angry FPL managers on Twitter. A lot of them have spent time planning the strategy for the upcoming gameweeks (with all the factors that might impact their teams), just for that to go out the window with the introduction of the additional chip. Definitely see their point, though I'm not surprised that FPL introduced another variable into the game. It's their interest to keep people playing.

FPL must have recorded a large number of Free Hit Chips been used? To decide to give another chip?

My initial concern was whether there was a time limit on the first Chip which does not seem to be the case.

Regarding planning, with such uncertainty of whether games will get played and numerous double gameweeks to come I can't imagine the FPL managers that are complaining had water tight plans going forward.

FPL must have recorded a large number of Free Hit Chips been used? To decide to give another chip?

My initial concern was whether there was a time limit on the first Chip which does not seem to be the case.

Regarding planning, with such uncertainty of whether games will get played and numerous double gameweeks to come I can't imagine the FPL managers that are complaining had water tight plans going forward.

Possibly. They have very likely got a lot of comments on social media asking if they could provide FPL managers with a bit of help, since so many games have been postponed.

No, the Free Hit will be available to use whenever we like, but not we cannot use our Free Hit chips in consecutive GWs. That makes sense, of course.

Haha, no, I expect just a small number of managers had (or have) locked their plans. But I have seen some which have taken their planning quite seriously despite the uncertainty around which games will be played or not – like: "If so and so happens, I will prioritise these transfers instead of these", etc.

Possibly. They have very likely got a lot of comments on social media asking if they could provide FPL managers with a bit of help, since so many games have been postponed.

No, the Free Hit will be available to use whenever we like, but not we cannot use our Free Hit chips in consecutive GWs. That makes sense, of course.

Haha, no, I expect just a small number of managers had (or have) locked their plans. But I have seen some which have taken their planning quite seriously despite the uncertainty around which games will be played or not – like: "If so and so happens, I will prioritise these transfers instead of these", etc.

That makes sense having plan a and plan b and c to fall back on. This season I have hardly done the eye test never mind check which players are in form, also in recent months I stopped listening to FPL podcasts.

It's such a strange season that having template players makes it easier to field only a team of seven or eight where in the past I would convince myself to take hits to get a starting eleven.

Admittedly being way off this season I am now more relaxed and take more risks.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2021 Posts: 2,354

Antonio is yellow flagged with bad form too :))

It will be very interesting to see how many games are played this gw.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

We should have a Back of the net! CUP ? Is that possible ?

Arsenal v Liverpool in the eflc semis. Probably both teams best chance to win a trophy this season ?

Antonio is yellow flagged with bad form too :))

It will be very interesting to see how many games are played this gw.

True I have been thinking of transferring Antonio out for some time though not many decent striker replacements this season.

With the next run of fixtures starting Boxing day, I would not be surprised if several games were canceled. Though I am really hoping United play, hopefully Ragnick has got some decent coaching done via Zoom lol

Yeah, he didn't make the bench today in the Carabao Cup loss to Spurs. I thought they were resting him but have since learned it is Covid.

I still have him in my team ... all these weeks later just holding him for the good run of fixtures. But as loathe as I am to bring in a a second Southampton player, I may transfer him out for Broja, if only to free-up some money. Don't see other options at the moment ...

Yeah, he didn't make the bench today in the Carabao Cup loss to Spurs. I thought they were resting him but have since learned it is Covid.

I still have him in my team ... all these weeks later just holding him for the good run of fixtures. But as loathe as I am to bring in a a second Southampton player, I may transfer him out for Broja, if only to free-up some money. Don't see other options at the moment ...

I would not be surprised if a few more West Ham players test positive in the next few days, not sure if I will make a transfer my bench is OK. If I do it will be right before the deadline. I have been looking at ways to get Ronaldo in though I may wait until Salah's last two games are up, unsure Salah will face Chelsea.

That makes sense having plan a and plan b and c to fall back on. This season I have hardly done the eye test never mind check which players are in form, also in recent months I stopped listening to FPL podcasts.

It's such a strange season that having template players makes it easier to field only a team of seven or eight where in the past I would convince myself to take hits to get a starting eleven.

Admittedly being way off this season I am now more relaxed and take more risks.

Having a sort of a plan, or a list of potential players to get (and how to afford them) can be smart – probably even more so when we have factors like postponements to consider. Some FPL podcasts cover these topics quite well, but FPL managers plays the game differently, and have a different perspective on hits and risk taking. I've narrowed my list doen to just a selected few, and I think that's enough really.

It's certainly been a season where having a template team has paid off. It's certainly not always like that. We're only halfway into the season though, so a lot can change!

We should have a Back of the net! CUP ? Is that possible ?

Looks like it's a new feature this season!

I could set up a cup competition starting in say starting in January – for example gameweek 21-24, which will be completed before the end of the season. What do people think? This could be fun, couldn't it? :-)

Have to check the details if O can implement our league straight into a cup, or if I need people to register for it.

Arsenal v Liverpool in the eflc semis. Probably both teams best chance to win a trophy this season ?

For Arsenal, no doubt. Liverpool can still compete with City, if City doesn't go through the season picking up win after win. Won't expect Arsenal to beat Liverpool over two legs though; expect Klopp will see the potential of a trophy, fielding a very strong team against Arsenal.
    It was bound to happen. Sell Salah now? probably too soon hmm...

Use one of the free hits? I am going to have to make transfers that's for sure.

Just checked my team I am currently 5 outfield players down.
    Well, that's six players for me ... and it's only Thursday! Triple Liverpool and triple Chelsea, so six of my most important, too.
    Chelsea game still on as far as I am aware? if Chelsea is off I will have 7 players out.
    Well, that's six players for me ... and it's only Thursday! Triple Liverpool and triple Chelsea, so six of my most important, too.
    Oops, in a panic ... I just realized my Chelsea players are OK ... for now, haha! But no Dennis, so that's 4 players.
    Oops, in a panic ... I just realized my Chelsea players are OK ... for now, haha! But no Dennis, so that's 4 players.
    And Antonio, as well ... so that's five, a bloodbath!!

I think I need some coffee ....
    Its going to have to be a Free Hit chip for me though will wait until the last minute before deadline.

If for example another two games get called off I wont do anything as everyone will be having a low points scoring week most likely.
    You had me worried for a minute there, @Feyador. If Chelsea had announced that their game is off, I'd be without six players instead of four. Could still happen of course, and if it does, I'll have to consider playing the Free Hit…
    Probably not much to do before Sunday except monitor events and consider free-hitting or not. Ben Crelin and others are expecting GW22 to be a double gameweek ... and ideally, I think, we'd be using free hits in such weeks with all the doubles to come.