• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 6,844
    @Thunderfinger, your taste in music is as ever eclectic, but I particularly appreciate what you’ve been posting of late. Kid A isn’t always considered one of Radiohead's better efforts, but there’s a mesmerizing bleakness behind that album, an almost overbearing sense of desolation, as if one were experiencing it from some windswept plain at the end of all things. “Everything In Its Right Place,” “The National Anthem,” “How to Disappear Completely,” “Treefingers,” “Motion Picture Soundtrack”—all pure future-is-now dystopia.

And despite not generally being one for country, I dig that "Jolene" cover and the earlier posted “Country Roads” (I guess the classics are the classics for a reason). Though my first encounter with that Dolly Parton single was Jack White’s less jaunty, immeasurably more heartrending cover:

Jack White is a helluvan artist.

“Another Way to Die” could have been more than it was. Nevertheless I still enjoy it greatly and am glad White and Keys teamed for Quantum.
    @Thunderfinger, your taste in music is as ever eclectic, but I particularly appreciate what you’ve been posting of late. Kid A isn’t always considered one of Radiohead's better efforts, but there’s a mesmerizing bleakness behind that album, an almost overbearing sense of desolation, as if one were experiencing it from some windswept plain at the end of all things. “Everything In Its Right Place,” “The National Anthem,” “How to Disappear Completely,” “Treefingers,” “Motion Picture Soundtrack”—all pure future-is-now dystopia.

And despite not generally being one for country, I dig that "Jolene" cover and the earlier posted “Country Roads” (I guess the classics are the classics for a reason). Though my first encounter with that Dolly Parton single was Jack White’s less jaunty, immeasurably more heartrending cover:

Jack White is a helluvan artist.

“Another Way to Die” could have been more than it was. Nevertheless I still enjoy it greatly and am glad White and Keys teamed for Quantum.

I can agree with all of that.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

A song with no verses. Just a chorus repeated four times and a bridge.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    James Bond || Hurt (written by Trent Reznor, performed by Johnny Cash)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    James Bond || Hurt (written by Trent Reznor, performed by Johnny Cash)

That's a great song, @RichardTheBruce. I love Johnny Cash's rendition of it. You can hear a life lived with many experiences in his voice. So poignant. Cash wouldn't have been a bad choice for an alternative type of Bond song come to think of it.
    Yeah, maybe not Thunderball, though.

Yeah, maybe not Thunderball, though.

No, I think he'd be more in fitting with the Bond themes we've had of late from Adele and especially Sam Smith and Billie Eilish. Just a thought that came to me. May not be one of my best ones. It is late. ;)
    Definitely agree, and there are many possibilities using the end titles to introduce a great outro. Blasting the Bond Theme doesn't always do it for me, and I end up scrambling to turn down the volume at DVD's end.
    Thunderball, Johnny Cash.
This discussion has been closed.