Your favourite US President ....and why ?

1234568»

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Remington wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Revelator wrote: »
    When Nixon hosted Duke Ellington at the White House he played "Happy Birthday" on the piano for the great Jazz composer. Nixon was one of the most gifted men to ever be president--and of one of the most unscrupulous, bigoted, lawless, devious, etc...

Evil, but not stupid. And educated too.

I think we're using evil a little too liberally. It's Nixon. Not Hitler or Stalin lol.

Hitler was really multitalented and Stalin was at least a successful bank robber in his youth.

Yes, I'm sure that both their parents would have been proud of their spawn.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    When Nixon hosted Duke Ellington at the White House he played "Happy Birthday" on the piano for the great Jazz composer. Nixon was one of the most gifted men to ever be president--and of one of the most unscrupulous, bigoted, lawless, devious, etc...

I think we're using evil a little too liberally. It's Nixon. Not Hitler or Stalin lol.

Hitler was really multitalented and Stalin was at least a successful bank robber in his youth.

Every parent should be.

Well, I mean evil as far as presidents go. At least he was smart and educated, which goes a long way.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Every parent should be.

Up to a certain point, but that pair took the biscuit!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'd take a zombie revenant of Richard Nixon over Trump any time.
    Well, according to Futurama Nixon will be back in the White House a few years from now...
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Sounds as credible as the second coming of that other guy.
    Just finished the documentary series "the Vietnam war" and Nixon does not get a portraiture as a decent President, he was very crooked indeed and his dealing before his presidency would have given him the title of "traitor". Not sure you want to name Nixon as one of the great Presidents unless you are talking major crooks.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Just finished the documentary series "the Vietnam war" and Nixon does not get a portraiture as a decent President, he was very crooked indeed and his dealing before his presidency would have given him the title of "traitor". Not sure you want to name Nixon as one of the great Presidents unless you are talking major crooks.

If that was a response to my post about the zombie revenant of Nixon, let me make it clear that I chose that comparison because Nixon was no doubt the most crooked and sociopathic President in my lifetime...until Trump came. And still Nixon was no actual threat to the well-being of the world in general. Possibly because he had the much-maligned Kissinger to rely on, while Trump keeps getting rid of half-way reasonable aides immediately if they dare tell him how idiotic he acts.
    Kissinger was indeed a great statesman, who in hindsight was masterful manipulator.
    Kissinger was indeed a great statesman, who in hindsight was masterful manipulator.

Maybe that's what made him a great statesman.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Maybe that's what made him a great statesman.

True . People will always remember Kissinger for his accomplishments and Nixon as crook (there is an understatement if ever)
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 3,564
    Nixon: "I am not a crook." Trump: "I never worked for Russia." The American people, both times: "We don't believe you. And the fashion in which you deny it gives us no great confidence in you."
  • jbohoh7jbohoh7 Jet Skiing into Atlantis
    " Trump: "I never worked for Russia.""

Please furnish a link/proof to prove Trump really "worked for Russia". And how did he was employed? Countries don't employ people. People employ people.
    The American people, both times: "We don't believe you. And the fashion in which you deny it gives us no great confidence in you."

Anyone can say "the American people don't believe you". Doesn't really prove anything. All of Hollywood & CNN has been saying that for 3 YEARS now. It is getting tried.

If anyone has any REAL proof that Trump did anything illegal then either put up or shut up (CNN are you listening). Cause you're all just blowing empty opinionated hot air. That's fueling hatred/division. Muelleur is still digging to keep his job security or he's really incompetent, after 3 yrs and $ millions of taxpayers spent and Trump not impeached.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Although @jbohoh7 asked for a reply, I simply refer him to the World Events page. You can go there for numerous articles cited, with links. That should be a sufficient reply, I think.

So favorite presidents, yes I mentioned a few earlier. I like FDR and Truman, both of them. I also deeply appreciate Lincoln.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2019 Posts: 40,368
    Again, everyone - this is a thread for discussing your favorite US President and why you feel that way, not an anti-Trump thread. There is a thread to discuss your disgust in the man, so please take such discussion there. Further derailing and going off topic will result in thread closure. Thanks.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Exactly. Thanks, @Creasy47.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 642
    Trump is GOAT! Anyone who thinks differently watches too much CNN and probably wears pantyhose. And I’m referring to guys here lol.
    Trump is GOAT! Anyone who thinks differently watches too much CNN and probably wears pantyhose. And I’m referring to guys here lol.

Trump is a goat?

Okay so anyway, we get it, he's your favourite president. Anything else you'd like to say?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I see this thread stayed on topic for about a few hours, mainly because nobody was posting, just to run right off the rails. Time for a lock, temporary or not.
This discussion has been closed.