Would You Rather (BETWEEN POSSIBLE JAMES BOND ACTORS)

JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
edited January 2018 in Actors Posts: 2,730
Thought it would be an interesting idea to have differant would you rathers concerning who could replace Daniel Craig as bond. For example something like who would prefer Hiddleston over Tom hardy. Anyway assuming this picks up traction, every week we would tally up the scores kind of like the bond film ranking tournament is doing now and then pick a new set of people. Classic rules of voting once. Also give your reasons for your choice. I mean if you want to.

I’ll start it off with who would you rather replace craig with

Domhnall Gleeson

Or

An older Harry Styles

Begin.

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Oh man I cant choose either of those, if pushed Gleeson.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 15,818
    Neither for me, I'm afraid. I suppose Gleeson if it were down to those two and every other actor on earth has vanished.
    In some ways the names today are about as appropriate if we were to chose between, say, the late Don Knotts to play Bond or, the late Gene Wilder.

Of those two I'd pick Gene Wilder.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think Gleeson is a great actor but I can't see him as Bond. However, between him and a member of a boy band, I'd have to elect the former.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Under Nolan?? Styles
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Harry Styles absolutely.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    No boy band member should ever be playing James Bond. Simple as that!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gleeson is the least poor of those two choises.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I don't know anything about this kid's pop career; I only saw him in Dunkirk-- and he was fine.

So out of a carrot-top actor and this kid, under the direction of Nolan? I go with the kid.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    The manlier of the two: Gleeson.

...And that isn't saying much. ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    oh, I agree he's manlier-- I'm just very prejudice when it comes to a red-head being Bond; I would become more rabid that the original anti-Craigers. I would froth at the mouth and hold my breath.

It would be quite an ugly scene.
    And if the choice was between a redhead and a baldy?
    I'm guessing you don't like Michael Fassbender, @peter?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I do like him; he's more ginger in root, but his hair grows out darker. I like Fassbender quite a lot @ClarkDevlin
    Same here, @peter. In fact, part of me still hopes for him to take over as Bond. If only a miracle would make it happen.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    A hair colour fetish or phobia? That's a first on here.

Neither of these two are worth voting for imho. I don't believe they're under consideration, Nolan or no Nolan.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    If I were a fly on EoN's wall, I'm sure his 8x10 must have flown across the desk and seriously discussed at one point or another.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    phobia @bondjames
  • peterpeter Toronto
    oh, and I don't think they're under consideration at all-- it was a "what if" game... If it were these two gents, which would you choose. If Nolan were directing I'd go for the moppy-haired kid who wasn't half bad in Dunkirk.

In fact if anyone was directing, I'd choose the moppy-haired kid.

My phobia of a carrot-top James Bond knows no bounds.
    I see @peter. They can do all kinds of things with hair these days so it doesn't quite bother me all that much. Moore's hair changed colour quite a few times during his run (and sometimes during the same film, particularly OP!).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yes but you can't hide the ghostly paleness of the carrot-top, @bondjames. No amount of make-up can hide that pallor.

Moore's skin tanned (although his sun-spotted hands and thick nails always gave me the shivers); and he has charm to spare.

I can spot the carrot-top from miles away, and rarely do they have the charm to overcome their deficiencies.

It's got to such a point, I'm afraid to say, where I don't even like ginger cats...
    peter wrote: »
    Yes but you can't hide the ghostly paleness of the carrot-top, @bondjames. No amount of make-up can hide that pallor.

Moore's skin tanned (although his sun-spotted hands and thick nails always gave me the shivers); and he has charm to spare.

I can spot the carrot-top from miles away, and rarely do they have the charm to overcome their deficiencies.

It's got to such a point, I'm afraid to say, where I don't even like ginger cats...

Sounds racist to me.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    My sympathies @peter. I'm grateful I have no such qualms, but now realize what the Craig haters must have experienced when Mr. Blond was cast all those years ago. Really there's no need to worry, because neither ginger top nor nerdy singer turned actor are going to be the next Bond.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    prejudice. Not racist.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    yeah, never had a problem with Mr. Blond, @bondjames .

Firstly: Blonde's have more fun.

Secondly: he had a kick ass looking face.

There are no carrot-tops that appear as if they are having fun, and not one I've ever met look kick ass (just the opposite: ass-kicked face with foul tempers).

Same with those ginger cats (shudders).
    yeah, never had a problem with Mr. Blond, @bondjames .

Firstly: Blonde's have more fun.

This sounds supremacist to me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I don't like ginger cats @thunderfinger. Nor orange-haired potential Bond actors. In fact, it's got so bad, I can no longer eat oranges.

It's a sickness, I do realize.
    How do you feel about Trump?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Thunderfinger, I would rather have my testicles removed, given to Kathy Griffin as a gift, dress her up in the tux and have her play James Bond, than give the Orange Monster another thought.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @Thunderfinger, I would rather have my testicles removed, given to Kathy Griffin as a gift, dress her up in the tux and have her play James Bond, than give the Orange Monster another thought.

Good show old chap! :D
    Got any better options, @JamesBondKenya ? Who won?