Bond film ranking tournament. Final results

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I myself really like GE’s score, but I voted OP for its Cold War spying. A very close match-up in any case.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    OHMSS beats GE 27-8

GE beats OP 22-13

Round 96:

YOLT vs OP

and

GF vs NSNA
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    OP - My Nr. 6 vs. Bottom 3
    GF - nowhere near my top 10 but at least it's on the list unlike NSNA.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    YOLT

and

GF
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    YOLT and GF.
    YOLT and GF.

I've actually turned around a lot on Octopussy in the last few months, but YOLT is my personal favorite Bond film.
    OP
    And
    GF
    YOLT edges out OP

GF dominates NSNA
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    OP

Difficult one, this, but I find YOLT lacking in places, on autopilot as it were. Though visually brilliant and scored to perfection, the film seems to be in dire need of someone polishing things up in the screenplay and editing departments. I won't even talk about Connery. OP, by contrast, is a fairly straightforward Cold War Bond thriller with Roger Moore at his best. Nevermind the silly jokes here and there; the explosive circus situation deserves more praise than it usually gets.

GF

Let's see. One is THE iconic 60s Bond, the thing you think about when someone asks you what the 60s felt like and Shatner's Star Trek, West's Batman and other icons of the era have already been thrown in the mix. The other is... well, complicated, but despite all its efforts barely a Bond film to begin with.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    YOLT
    GF
  • YOLT rockets past OP
    GF crushes NSNA
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    OP over YOLT

GF over NSNA
    OP
    &
    GF
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    OP over YOLT

GF over NSNA
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    YOLT

GF
    You Only Live Twice
    &
    GOLDFINGER
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    OP and GF, both easily.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    OP and GF
    Too easy! OP and GF
    OP and GF

That is super easy.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    OP
    GF
    OP
    GF
  • 007_MJH007_MJH Lancashire, UK
    OP & GF
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    YOLT (clearly)
    GF (no-brainer)
    Looks like GF is going for a wipeout.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    YOLT and GF
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    OP

Difficult one, this, but I find YOLT lacking in places, on autopilot as it were. Though visually brilliant and scored to perfection, the film seems to be in dire need of someone polishing things up in the screenplay and editing departments. I won't even talk about Connery. OP, by contrast, is a fairly straightforward Cold War Bond thriller with Roger Moore at his best. Nevermind the silly jokes here and there; the explosive circus situation deserves more praise than it usually gets.

GF

Let's see. One is THE iconic 60s Bond, the thing you think about when someone asks you what the 60s felt like and Shatner's Star Trek, West's Batman and other icons of the era have already been thrown in the mix. The other is... well, complicated, but despite all its efforts barely a Bond film to begin with.

Better make that two old boy.

OP and GF.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Im surprised to see OP wiping the floor with YOLT
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Not so Fast Last_Rat_Standing!

YOLT. Since “Godzilla” is opening this week, my vote today is sent with love to Ms. Akiko Wakabayashi (Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964) and Ms. Mie Hama (King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962). BTW: Both actresses, along with Kumi Mizuno – another 1960’s Toho mainstay – starred in Woody Allen’s re-dubbed spy spoof “What's Up, Tiger Lily?”

GF. Clearly.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Im surprised to see OP wiping the floor with YOLT
    I'm always surprised about OP wiping out anything, since I find that movie less than mediocre...while I find YOLT at least a cut above mediocre. If this double choice were the other way around, I'd vote for GF and NSNA. But it isn't.