"You killed my dog "...John Wick discussion

1101112131416»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yeah I do worry that Live Free or Die Hard was an outlier from him (I love it) and it won't be the best. If anything, now the scenes that Stahelski is assisting further with will become even more jarring amongst all the stuff Wiseman worked on. I hope I'm wrong.
    I was hyped for it regardless, and even if not a technically “great” film seems like one that could have been a ton of fun. This year’s just been so cursed for me - wretched illnesses and delays and cancellations on everything I’ve looked forward to x(
    Honestly, if there are some good action bits in it, that's more than enough for me. As long as it's visually entertaining, I'm willing to forgive its other transgressions.

But yeah, 2024, while off to a fine start with a few surprises in my opinion, has seen most of my more anticipated releases pushed to 2025, weakening the overall year.
    Ballerina delayed an entire year, from June 7 2024 to June 6 2025.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/ballerina-john-wick-spinoff-the-crow-release-date-1235833533/

Bad news, but if Chad Stahelski is going to help with action scenes, it might be worth waiting a year.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ballerina Cinemacon trailer discussed.
    Sounds promising, major details of the film.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    This is what makes James Bond the best cinematic character of all time. No matter how many Bond films I see, I'm still aching for more. Right now, I've already gotten tired of John Wick. For me, 1 & 2 were enough and are still the best.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This is what makes James Bond the best cinematic character of all time. No matter how many Bond films I see, I'm still aching for more. Right now, I've already gotten tired of John Wick. For me, 1 & 2 were enough and are still the best.

I was not overly keen on John Wick 3 though I had a lot of fun with the 4th film mainly because of the set pieces.
    This bodes well for the trailer arriving this year then, despite the film's release date getting another massive delay.

I'm sadly feeling the same way about the series. Loved the first, second is my favorite, third had a couple of issues but some great action, but sadly the fourth was very underwhelming to me and I've had almost no interest in revisiting it.

The Continental was fun but gets a little hokey at times and the action was never as great as the opening sequence was. I'm not overly excited for Ballerina and can't say I'm really optimistic about it but I'm sure I'll still watch it once it releases. Hopefully that first trailer blows me away.
    JW is one of the most consistent action series I've ever seen, and 3 was the only one not fully up to par IMO. 1, 2, and 4 are all top shelf films for me. I'm very eager to see the first footage for Ballerina.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited April 11 Posts: 1,368
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    This bodes well for the trailer arriving this year then, despite the film's release date getting another massive delay.

I'm sadly feeling the same way about the series. Loved the first, second is my favorite, third had a couple of issues but some great action, but sadly the fourth was very underwhelming to me and I've had almost no interest in revisiting it.

The Continental was fun but gets a little hokey at times and the action was never as great as the opening sequence was. I'm not overly excited for Ballerina and can't say I'm really optimistic about it but I'm sure I'll still watch it once it releases. Hopefully that first trailer blows me away.

The John Wick films are actually turning strictly into martial arts films.