"You killed my dog "...John Wick discussion

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    My favourite one is still the Cynthia Rothrock episode. :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I was sadly fairly unfamiliar with her work until I saw Yes, Madam this year with her and Michelle Yeoh. I loved it so much.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I was sadly fairly unfamiliar with her work until I saw Yes, Madam this year with her and Michelle Yeoh. I loved it so much.

I saw that ages ago, and have been trying to track down a copy, on DVD. But it's not cheap these days. I might just get the BR recent release, as I have the deluxe BR release of Righting Wrongs.

038acf08-b6a2-40e2-ab9f-13ff473aa7fd.jpg
    Love the art and poster work on that set. I'm going to have to check that film out too.
    Love the art and poster work on that set. I'm going to have to check that film out too.

It more than lives up to being a Deluxe Edition, with 4 cuts of the film!
    And here it is:

Can't wait to watch this after work. Checked it earlier and it was still live, didn't want to spoil it in full for myself.
    I'm watching it now, and it's as chilled and laid back as you'd expect.

Thanks for the update! I expected it to be very relaxed with the two of them speaking. Can't wait to hear about their work on Chapter 4 together.

Thanks for the update! I expected it to be very relaxed with the two of them speaking. Can't wait to hear about their work on Chapter 4 together.

I'm almost at the end, but it looks like this is a two-parter. Part one goes up to The Matrix.

I'm almost at the end, but it looks like this is a two-parter. Part one goes up to The Matrix.

With the action career he's had, Keanu deserves a two-parter. That's really exciting. Looking forward to discussing it.

With the action career he's had, Keanu deserves a two-parter. That's really exciting. Looking forward to discussing it.

Just finished it, and this one is in two parts. Gun fu, car fu and dog fu, it's all coming in part 2. :D
    Part 2 is shaping up to be even better then! I'm damn excited to hear all about his action career in full and I know Adkins will be a gem when it comes to asking great questions and crafting good discussion out of them.
    Part 2 is shaping up to be even better then! I'm damn excited to hear all about his action career in full and I know Adkins will be a gem when it comes to asking great questions and crafting good discussion out of them.

I'm still waiting for JCVD to guest. It has to be only a matter of time.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Scott Adkins gets even more awesome by dropping in a Roger Moore Bond reference in this interview:

More publicity for Scott (i'm loving this, he really deserves it):

Though I wish it were longer. I was expecting at least one of his Ninja films to get a mention, as well as Avengement.
    I'm still raving about Adkins in One Shot. What a great, tight, unique action thriller it was. I need to rewatch it.
    I'm still raving about Adkins in One Shot. What a great, tight, unique action thriller it was. I need to rewatch it.

I haven't seen One Shot. But Scott Adkins + one take fight sequence, is too much to pass up.

I haven't seen One Shot. But Scott Adkins + one take fight sequence, is too much to pass up.

Each sequence lasts around 7-10 minutes, with some obvious stitching taking place in certain transition sequences, but it really lets the action breathe and you won't believe how many goons Adkins cuts through in one take at times. I loved it.

Got it pulled up on Hulu, going to rewatch it ASAP once I get through this other backlog of films I've been meaning to check out first.

Each sequence lasts around 7-10 minutes, with some obvious stitching taking place in certain transition sequences, but it really lets the action breathe and you won't believe how many goons Adkins cuts through in one take at times. I loved it.

Got it pulled up on Hulu, going to rewatch it ASAP once I get through this other backlog of films I've been meaning to check out first.

I need to take another look at where it's available. As far as I know, the only physical release was a German DVD.

A one take fight is still mighty impressive, even if Scott's fights tend to have longer takes than you'd see in bigger budget films.

I need to take another look at where it's available. As far as I know, the only physical release was a German DVD.

A one take fight is still mighty impressive, even if Scott's fights tend to have longer takes than you'd see in bigger budget films.

I see it has a blu-ray release here in the States but the cover art is so shoddily slapped together that it doesn't even look official. I'll probably just enjoy it on streaming for now; I've really toned down my physical media purchases lately, not about to drop $21 on this if I can watch it as much as I want on Hulu.

I see it has a blu-ray release here in the States but the cover art is so shoddily slapped together that it doesn't even look official. I'll probably just enjoy it on streaming for now; I've really toned down my physical media purchases lately, not about to drop $21 on this if I can watch it as much as I want on Hulu.

I might rent One Shot online while I wait. It's what I did to see Accident Man 2 (which still hasn't seen a UK release, so i'll probably import the US DVD).
    Spin-off series The Continental will premiere on September 22nd on Peacock:

https://deadline.com/2023/07/the-continental-john-wick-prequel-peacock-release-date-1235445041/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    JOHN WICK: THE CONTINENTAL Trailer (2023) Mel Gibson
    The action looks sweet but that doesn't at all feel like an extension of the John Wick atmosphere. I'll still check it out though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It looks fun though they are leaning into the 70's vibe.
    They are. Looks like a lot of fun, just seems way more detached and somewhat lighthearted in a sense. It's an interesting prospect nevertheless and I'll definitely give it a viewing at some point.
    They are. Looks like a lot of fun, just seems way more detached and somewhat lighthearted in a sense. It's an interesting prospect nevertheless and I'll definitely give it a viewing at some point.

We don't et PEACOCK in the UK so not sure who will pick up the mini series here, I know little of the build up to the series surely it is not an origin story.

We don't et PEACOCK in the UK so not sure who will pick up the mini series here, I know little of the build up to the series surely it is not an origin story.

It just sounds like a blast to the past that'll showcase the rise of Winston and Charon, with the Continental and the world of assassins already well established still. I won't be surprised if we get a young John Wick appearing as a small cameo or something but hopefully that's the beginning and end of it. The last thing I want or need is an origin story for him.

It just sounds like a blast to the past that'll showcase the rise of Winston and Charon, with the Continental and the world of assassins already well established still. I won't be surprised if we get a young John Wick appearing as a small cameo or something but hopefully that's the beginning and end of it. The last thing I want or need is an origin story for him.

Sorry I remember now it being mentioned that the series had something to do with Winston.

I have not heard much about Ballerina I presume that is still happening, at this stage I just want to see a John Wick 5 and see if they can top 4 which will be difficult.