The MI6 Community Religion and Faith Discussion Space (for members of all faiths - and none!)

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I think this thread's getting a little bit silly again now, isn't it?

I will ask you the same question I asked before: what claims regarding the Flying Spaghetti Monster are silly?

Well, in that case I'm Elton John and I don't need the grief.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

I will ask you the same question I asked before: what claims regarding the Flying Spaghetti Monster are silly?

I knew it! Welcome Elton.

Come on! That's just as easy as the 72 virgins question.

It's not a religion I'm familiar with. What is their religious text called and where can I read it?

It's not a religion I'm familiar with. What is their religious text called and where can I read it?

I think it's available online. You'd need to Google it.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 17,816

I think it's available online. You'd need to Google it.

It seems I'll have to go and educate myself then. It certainly sounds a very profound faith from a theological point of view so I'm expecting big things of it.
    I'm Elton John. Not you. Not you. Not you.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited May 2018 Posts: 9,117

https://www.venganza.org/about/

And I think you should be a little bit more respectful saying people’s beliefs are silly. That’s quite an offensive comment you know. It’s almost as if you are saying you don’t respect people who believe in the FSM?

And I think you should be a little bit more saying people’s beliefs are silly. That’s quite an offensive comment you know. It’s almost as if you are saying you don’t respect people who believe in the FSM?

Come now, where did I say the FSM and its followers were silly? You'll have trouble finding it as I didn't say it in the first place.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Is anyone else in the mood to play Elton John?
    Remington wrote: »
    Is anyone else in the mood to play Elton John?

There is but one.
    One wonders if cake is a lie does this mean pie is a lie

And I think you should be a little bit more saying people’s beliefs are silly. That’s quite an offensive comment you know. It’s almost as if you are saying you don’t respect people who believe in the FSM?

Come now, where did I say the FSM and its followers were silly? You'll have trouble finding it as I didn't say it in the first place.

This comment:
    Why did you post that when we were discussing the evolution of pasta shapes and not, for example, when @Risico007 was talking about empty tombs and resurrection?

It's not like you haven't got previous for sniggering at others beliefs. @Ludovico is still waiting for you to explain why the 72 virgins is inherently ridiculous but the resurrection of Jesus isn't.

I don't think there's any malice meant but perhaps you ought to think a little before you toss off a comment that might cause offence. Just because Pastafarianism is a new religion and doesn't have the history or followers behind it of a Christianity or an Islam it still deserves respect.

This comment:
    Why did you post that when we were discussing the evolution of pasta shapes and not, for example, when @Risico007 was talking about empty tombs and resurrection?

It's not like you haven't got previous for sniggering at others beliefs. @Ludovico is still waiting for you to explain why the 72 virgins is inherently ridiculous but the resurrection of Jesus isn't.

I don't think there's any malice meant but perhaps you ought to think a little before you toss off a comment that might cause offence. Just because Pastafarianism is a new religion and doesn't have the history or followers behind it of a Christianity or an Islam it still deserves respect.

I like how you typed out the above post without any sense of irony whatsoever. I wouldn't have the nerve!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 9,117

This comment:

I like how you typed out the above post without any sense of irony whatsoever. I wouldn't have the nerve!
    I don't know what you mean. Surely as a man of faith you strive for a world where people have their beliefs respected not laughed at no matter how ridiculous or inane they might be?

This comment:

I don't know what you mean. Surely as a man of faith you strive for a world where people have their beliefs respected not laughed at no matter how ridiculous or inane they might be?

True look at evolution again show me a dog producing a cat
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Oh dear... Are we seriously going to have the micro/macro evolution debate? Really. Ken Ham and the other evolution deniers probably have some awesome youtube vids to consult for that.

Okay. "Show me a dog producing a cat," is like saying, "I don't understand science so I'm going to find some way to ridicule that which I don't understand. That's my way of trying to debunk that which can be demonstrated in a petri dish."
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Oh dear... Are we seriously going to have the micro/macro evolution debate? Really. Ken Ham and the other evolution deniers probably have some awesome youtube vids to consult for that.

Okay. "Show me a dog producing a cat," is like saying, "I don't understand science so I'm going to find some way to ridicule that which I don't understand. That's my way of trying to debunk that which can be demonstrated in a petri dish."

Google crocoduck. One of Kirk Cameron's and Ray Comfort's finest and one of the reasons why they are called the world's dumbest Christians. Although they do have fierce competition.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Interesting.
    He is a political martyr.
    Don’t listen to @Thunderfinger - Tommy Robinson is a facist and an Islamophobe.

I know because the British media told me.
    Don’t listen to @Thunderfinger - Tommy Robinson is a facist and an Islamophobe.

I know because the British media told me.
    Good on you, or you might get arrested.
    I wouldn't dare to criticize religion. After all: rationality might confirm that which most religious people know deep down inside: they are looking at thin air and calling it "God".
    God is not in those desert texts.

Dogbert would have a field day here
    Risico007 wrote: »

And that's your new argument?
    85bec242b205a8d31b53a0967f3fa4ddbd591cd091895cc3166b641a24197d9c.jpg
    Risico007 wrote: »

And that's your new argument?

No of course not with clay and computers evolution is very much real

Though why scientist didn’t invent Werewolf skulls I haven’t the foggiest idea how that would get me into evolution.
    You're right, @Thunderfinger. Atheists aren't yet represented in those charts. Time for Wiz, Lud, patb, ..., and myself to join forces and seize power worldwide.

Or were you trying to make another point? ;)
This discussion has been closed.