Talking about being Politically Correct !

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    So what are they calling us instead then ?

"Humans", I guess, but any aliens from outer space we're unaware of - or anyone who identifies as an outer space being - would be offended, so I'm at a loss.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    "Everyone" apparently. Rather generically dismissive imho. I should start a protest because I now feel violated that my distinct maleness isn't being recognized any more.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Quote from the e-mail circulated by TfL top brass:

'We made a commitment some time ago to stop using greetings such as 'ladies and gentlemen'. This sort of language can feel it uninclusive especially to LGBT people.

Instead use gender neutral language such as 'Good morning everyone', 'Hello London' etc.

This is particularly sensitive at the moment because of Pride this weekend'

More than my job's worth to ask if 'uninclusive' is even a word? I'd risk being shipped off to a Siberian camp.

Still with terrorists rampant and people burning to death in the capital it's good to know the mayor has got his priorities sorted.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How about "Ladies, gentlemen, lady-gentlemen and gentleman-ladies" ?
    @TheWizardOfIce, definitely don't inquire about it, lest you never return to the forums and spend the rest of your days locked up.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    How about "Ladies, gentlemen, lady-gentlemen and gentleman-ladies" ?
    Not bad, but I'm sure we might miss some future possible combination or permutation. We're coming up with new ones all the time!

Everyone sort of catches it all. Or perhaps it should be everyone and everything!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    How about, I'll say whatever the eff I want?
    the-world-is-not-enough-angry-james-bond-pierce-brosnan.png?w=775
    I've got a mate who suggested 'carbon based life forms' but they shot that down as being rather offensive to other elements.
    At my doctor's appointment last week, the Nurse asked me what I identified as. This was my reaction.
    230114_908223010.png
    Murdock wrote: »
    At my doctor's appointment last week, the Nurse asked me what I identified as. This was my reaction.
    230114_908223010.png

Should've straight-face told her you identified as Tommy Lee Jones.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    230114_908223010.png

I would have but my brain isn't made of mush, or choking on brightly colored hair dye. :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Remember that "female" is spelled "fe-male" and with "Fe" being the chemical symbol for iron, it makes sense that a "fe-male" is, in fact, an "iron man".

I'll leave.
    Oh and Women are called Wymin now. And must be called Zee. Where's my puke bucket?
    I thought these strapping blokes in a dress and lipstick wanted to be referred to as ladies?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/13/london-tube-scraps-ladies-gentlemen-make-announcements-gender/

I'd love to say they must be making this up but I've actually got the e-mail from TfL management ordering this latest step deeper into the depressing quagmire of PC totalitarianism.

What in the name of sanity? So because these "campaigners" don't identify as something, it has to be banned. Well I don't identify as a building, so should all buildings be pulled down. Campaigners? Pfft...

giphy.webp
    23.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

"Humans", I guess, but any aliens from outer space we're unaware of - or anyone who identifies as an outer space being - would be offended, so I'm at a loss.

Drat. We'd better just go with, "Hello, all beings" to be safe. But then that would offend the dead, who are no longer living beings. So maybe we should say, "Hello, all things." But then that makes people seem like throwaway, trivial objects and not living, breathing people with thoughts and feelings and identities. This is harder than I thought...
    230114_908223010.png

This is how we win this PC war: if people want to get offended when someone doesn't automatically refer to them by the specific pronoun they prefer from the two dozen or so out there (basically like a mind-reader), we can play the same game:

I would like to take this moment to announce that I now want to be identified as James Bond. I am no longer to be referred to as "Brady" in open forum discussion, as that's not the name I was truly born with (Bond was always my destiny and my true self) and everyone that doesn't obey my request is a bigoted (likely cisgender) pissant that doesn't know acceptance. I'm sick of living a lie, and want to be treated for how I really am. If you don't support me, watch out, because you won't like me when I'm TRIGGERED.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I also self-identify as James Bond. But I'm more of a family-oriented, faithful, non-violent soul with simple tastes. I like cheap gin, for example. And will drink bad Chardonnay when it's offered, without comment.
    I'm with you chaps.

I was born Bond. It's not my fault I'm trapped in the body of a cowardly, balding middle aged bloke.

I think the NHS should pay for my Bond reassignment treatment where I get plastic surgery, a crash course in unarmed combat and recognising fine wines and plenty of practice at checking into 5* hotels, driving Aston Martins and shagging gorgeous birds.
    I'm with you chaps.

I was born Bond. It's not my fault I'm trapped in the body of a cowardly, balding middle aged bloke.

I think the NHS should pay for my Bond reassignment treatment where I get plastic surgery, a crash course in unarmed combat and recognising fine wines and plenty of practice at checking into 5* hotels, driving Aston Martins and shagging gorgeous birds.

If you need some back up I might be available.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 142
    Unfortunately I wasn’t born to be James Bond at all, although I will confess to having once been saved by a beautiful blonde from the clutches of an international criminal organization. They were very intent on taking me out into the dark and ending my existence, even though I repeatedly stated that I wasn’t the James Bond type, perhaps it was my good looks that worked against me. Fortunately for me, the young lady in question showed up and convinced them that I wasn’t who they seemed to think I was (somehow fighting my way through several linebacker sized bodyguards, not to mention the guy holding the high powered pistol wasn’t looking like a really great option, although like any fan of Bond films I like to believe I could have done it). At the time I was intent on convincing a young female, whose passport had lots of stamps from countries where even the local law enforcement is a life threat unless you know someone who knows someone, that she’d be happier in my hotel room than at the bar. Much to my disappointment she was nowhere to be seen once I was freed from the clutches of my assassins, go figure. I enjoy really fine scotch but can’t seem to remember the last time I had any, and can state that without question Champagne is a great aphrodisiac, and usually after the first glass the ladies don’t seem to care if it’s a Moet, or a Duchene, or a Dom Perignon, and my room or theirs becomes a moot question. Having trained in several close quarter defense skills, I’m much happier being as far away from the other team as possible when the balloon goes up (see the above situation on being rescued by a beautiful blonde, because where she came from only the angels know). If you’ve never been on the receiving end of a fist wielded by a 300 pound guy, take my word for it, sitting on a beach even without a cold beer is a much preferred state of existence. I’m a big fan of firearms and can boast that I have handled many different types, though using them even in self-defense in any one of the 178 countries around the world might not have the best desired outcome, every situation is different even in the battle zone, (refer to an article I posted about a guy named Davis in Pakistan). To be sure I wasn’t born to be James Bond and I have no idea why I’ve managed to live so dangerously and get away with it, gambling really isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I even had the bends once (better known as decompression illness, and given the choice I’d take getting hit by that 300 pound guy’s fist again over nitrogen bubbles running rampant in my body). By the way if you ever do get that fist in face make sure you hit back harder and more effectively, because you might not recover from the next one. I enjoy James Bond because he isn’t PC, but I’ve no interest in being him, I probably wouldn’t survive.
    I've just had a bit of an e-mail fight with a colleague of mine regarding this article. She thinks this is a good thing as it will make people more "gender conscious". I'd say that, if anything, this is working towards a world in which people are anything but conscious of who they are. I don't care if a minor few are unhappy and would rather be of a different sex or of no sex at all or whatever, this is pushing things too far. Here's the funny part,

"Stonewall, the LGBT campaign group, welcomed the decision"

Why?

I mean, seriously, why? What's anti-LGBT about saying "ladies and gentlemen"? Are we to denounce our bloody biology? I've got a penis. That makes me a bloke, right?

So what's next? All man should shave every morning and put on skin softening creams so that they don't appear too masculine in public, thus upsetting the LGBT? I mean, if "ladies and gentlemen" upsets them, I take it we're no longer going to worry about unisex toilets, right? And changing clothes before taking a dive in a swimming pool, let's do all that together, shall we? One happy "gender neutral" collection of penises and vaginas.

I can't believe our society must endure this kind of nonsense while symbols of religion are still allowed in public.
  • RC7RC7
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I can't believe our society must endure this kind of nonsense while symbols of religion are still allowed in public.

That was the sound of a hammer unequically smashing the living s*** out of the proverbial nail head.
    Well, I'm going to hammer the nail down even further. Aren't we supposed to "respect" Christianity, Islam, ... you know, followers of the bible and the quran and whatever have you? Well those people make a very clear distinction between men and women, in fact, they put women in a very inferior position. Where is gender neutrality in the Vatican? Or in the highest echelons of the Islam? It's a "no women allowed" policy in those retarded structures. The major of London himself has asked us, multiple times, to respect Islam. How can he do that AND simultaneously endorse this crap? That's like inviting the pope to an orgy. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Well, boys and girls, lads and lasses, ladies and gentlemen, this is me giving this "gender neutrality" thing the finger. And ladies, you know what I can do with my little finger! And don't worry, when I drop my trousers, I'll remind you to "mind the gap"!

Idiots!
    A thought has just come up.
    As soon as we, the anti-PC crowd, can be proven to be in a minority, can we start making demands too? I mean, let's play this intellectual game:

It's PC to do what minorities need to feel included.
    We, anti-PC folks, may very well end up being a minority.
    Ergo, the PC thing to do would be to relax and not be PC.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2017 Posts: 8,087
    Social Justice is just a mask for corporatism. Sure, there are those who truly believe. They are the useful idiots that get manipulated by these marketing schemes. Its no coincidence that no one has imbraced progressivism more than global brands with slogan like "equal love" or whatever. Standing on a soapbox is the new form of promotion, and these corporations need safe messages to put their dollars behind.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I also self-identify as James Bond. But I'm more of a family-oriented, faithful, non-violent soul with simple tastes. I like cheap gin, for example. And will drink bad Chardonnay when it's offered, without comment.

@RichardTheBruce, I'm more of the sex for breakfast and dinner, killing when I need to, cold and cruel non-committal agent with a grudge against a criminal organization type Bond who doesn't give a damn about martinis, but I respect your right to be identified as James Bond if you extend the same courtesy to me.

You sound like a Roger Moore type Bond, post-TSWLM, and I guess I'm somewhere between Sean and Dan's Bond with my behavior. Who wants to complete the set and be identified as George, Tim or Pierce's Bonds?
    I'm with you chaps.

@TheWizardOfIce, it just goes to show how much bigoted bullsh*t we have to deal with just for trying to be ourselves. Selfish taxpayers won't pay for anything we need, like we don't have needs, or like we're throwaway, empty things devoid of feeling. Are these tears I cry right now not real?!

I just wanted taxpayers to fund my simple hair replacement operation so I could get hair more like Fleming's Bond, so that a comma of hair could fall down the right side of my face, and so that I could get a scar across my cheek from the doctor's scalpel to match it. But no, I was told that children's leukemia surgeries were more important to fund (they'd likely die anyway, just look at the statistics) and that they certainly couldn't allow taxpayers to fund what was partially considered self-harm (the doctor taking a blade to my face). I even showed them a sketch of Fleming Bond to prove I wasn't taking the piss, and they just took it, crumpled it up and threw it in the trash.

A well performed faux suicide attempt seems to be my last bid for attention, my last chance to be Bond in both mind and body gained through the pity and sympathy of the public. Wish me luck!
    RC7 wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

That was the sound of a hammer unequically smashing the living s*** out of the proverbial nail head.

@RC7, don't be so crass. Nails and religion in the same sentence makes me think of our savior Jesus being crucified, and that just gets me all kinds of TRIGGERED. Understand how sensitive this stuff is for others to read!

When he returns to us to save the world from sin and temptation, I hope you'll have reformed yourself to join the rest of us in the kingdom of heaven.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/13/london-tube-scraps-ladies-gentlemen-make-announcements-gender/

I'd love to say they must be making this up but I've actually got the e-mail from TfL management ordering this latest step deeper into the depressing quagmire of PC totalitarianism.

'Campaigners had said the phrase "ladies and gentleman" - which is commonly used by drivers - was “outdated”.'

jon-stewart-confused-what.gif
    This planet is going down the toilet.