What's your Favorite Bond Title Song. Only Choosing ONE.

123457»

Comments

Murdock wrote:
    Skyfall is my favorite Main Title song. :)

If you watch it as part of the film release (as most will) I think Klienman's excellent title designs make it better than it actually is. If you just listen to the theme on it's own, it's not always quite so good. I think what Kleinman gave us last year, as in another great title design, even Keys and White may have sounded half decent..

• edited March 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Adele's SF is one of the great new coffee shop songs. I hear it everywhere, especially in Second Cup outlets, which I am known to loaf about in.
    If I can only choose one it would have to be ' Thunderball. " OHMSS and ' Diamonds Are Forever " are a close second.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    You know my name by Chris Cornell then Skyfall by Adele, then Another way to die by Jack White and Alicia Keys.
    Depends on how we're looking at this. If it's out of any theme song, then the OHMSS theme is far and above the winner for me. If it's out of only lyrical pieces by popular artists, then YOLT also wins easily.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Surrender. Not even close.
    OHMSS was merely a Barry instrumental, but it's actually a fine and memorable piece. Lyrical, and say it every time, but McCartney and Wings are hard to beat

Anyone who (reading above), thinks the awful piece of crap Keys and White "effort" deserves a place near the top or is a personal favorite, may require a check-up from the neck-up, but OK, I respect your opinion, but it is a damn awful awful song. Sorry
    Goldfinger by Shirley Bassy. Trendsetting James Bond titie song.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    OHMSS was merely a Barry instrumental, but it's actually a fine and memorable piece. Lyrical, and say it every time, but McCartney and Wings are hard to beat

Anyone who (reading above), thinks the awful piece of crap Keys and White "effort" deserves a place near the top or is a personal favorite, may require a check-up from the neck-up, but OK, I respect your opinion, but it is a damn awful awful song. Sorry

The lyrics of AWTD are more relevant to the story of QoS than anything McCartney wrote up for LALD, something that really sets it apart from some others. It is just that AWTD has some irksome vocal parts by Keys that bring it down a tad. It is still better than some other songs we have had to listen to, like Sheryl Crow's humdrum and overall unspectacular "song" (if one could call it that) that is absolutely painful to listen to at moments. I would take AWTD over that any day.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Depends on how we're looking at this. If it's out of any theme song, then the OHMSS theme is far and above the winner for me. If it's out of only lyrical pieces by popular artists, then YOLT also wins easily.

Yes that is very good or LALD I sing that everynight like a sad person. :)
    You Know My Name
  • My top 3 ...

Duran Duran - View To A Kill

Chris Cornell - You Know My Name

Adele - Skyfall

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Okay, I guess in the end Chris Cornell's song is my favourite, and that quite an achievement considering all the rest to choose from....
  • You Only Live Twice. Nancy Sinatra's vocal is only mediocre, but John Barry's instrumentation, blending Western and Eastern musical styles, is excellent. The song itself is top-notch. Live And Let Die is better known, as are Goldfinger and Thunderball, but to my ears, YOLT beats them all.
  • Goldfinger, much like my choice of film. It's boring, but man if it isn't good. On Her Majesty's Secret Service is second, followed by You Know My Name.
    It's hard to choose just one, but I'd have to go with License to Kill.
  • My personal favorite is a-ha's The Living Daylights. I feel it perfectly captures the impersonal, kill-or-be-killed mentality Dalton was bringing back to the role.
    My top five are TLD, Goldfinger, TWINE, Licence to Kill, and Goldeneye
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You Only Live Twice. Nancy Sinatra's vocal is only mediocre, but John Barry's instrumentation, blending Western and Eastern musical styles, is excellent. The song itself is top-notch. Live And Let Die is better known, as are Goldfinger and Thunderball, but to my ears, YOLT beats them all.

I am torn between this and Goldeneye.