What's your Favorite Bond Title Song. Only Choosing ONE.

Comments

@quantumofsolace says: 'You Only Live Twice'.
    ROFL you trader!.......... joking.
    Goldfinger, S. Bassey. Slam Dunk!
    Diamonds Are Forever (with the longer intro*) sung by Shirley Bassey.

*Not the shorter version on the Best of compilations.
    OHMSS by far.
  • I've never been that much of a fan of Bassey's music and do think three attempts was maybe one too many and I'm not afraid to admit it

Diamonds could well be the best of the three but Moonraker does come close, I don't like the disco variation at the end
    A View to a Kill without a doubt-pure awesomeness!
  • It sounds firmly stuck in the mid 1980s though, it hasn't aged well

Most successful James Bond track in the charts both sides of the Atlantic though, the Duran Duran video of it is a bit cheesy if you've seen it

Mr ? 'Bon, Simon Le Bon..' :-S
    It sounds firmly stuck in the mid 1980s though, it hasn't aged well

Most successful James Bond track in the charts both sides of the Atlantic though, the Duran Duran video of it is a bit cheesy if you've seen it

Mr ? 'Bon, Simon Le Bon..' :-S

Yeah, the video is kind of strange, but the song is epic!
  • Live and Let Die rocks!
    Live and Let Die rocks!

Agreed!

LALD, AVTAK, TLD, and GE have theme songs that are really energetic and exciting!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 172
    GoldenEye.
    I really enjoyed Bjork's version of this song.
    Nobody Does It Better. Never gets old.
    jolearon wrote:

I understand she's wasn't raised on English, but I found nothing good about that song. IMO if I have to say it. Didn't strike me as 'singing' exactly, more raspy talking/shouting.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    "Thunderball".

xxx
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Nobody Does It Better was the best...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You Know My Name.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    YKMN is not bad but compared to the likes of DAF, MR or AVTAK it's like a Justin Bieber song.

Can I flag this comment for blasmephy?!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Virage wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    YKMN is not bad but compared to the likes of DAF, MR or AVTAK it's like a Justin Bieber song.

Can I flag this comment for blasmephy?!

YES! REPENT @Dimi. Don't compare Bond to Bieber. Ugghh.
    Goldeneye. I love that song. When it comes on the ipod my face lights up :D
    "You know my name". But I also like "Nobody does better"
    BAIN123 wrote:

Oh man, that song helped me love the movie as much as I do. Those brass instrument horns in the background give me chills it's so epic!
    @JWESTBROOK That is Bjork's style, (WHICH I LOVE) It's what shes known for, so talented and I'm sure Millions already agree, this just isn't a well distributed song of hers.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    jolearon wrote:

I understand she's wasn't raised on English, but I found nothing good about that song. IMO if I have to say it. Didn't strike me as 'singing' exactly, more raspy talking/shouting.
    jolearon wrote:

00Beast wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

Oh man, that song helped me love the movie as much as I do. Those brass instrument horns in the background give me chills it's so epic!

I'm not saying its the BEST Bond song but its certainly a personal favourite. I don't have the same reaction with any of the other songs.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Full weight of Nackers support is behind...Moonraker. The most haunting and gorgeous melody. I melt every time.
  • Thunderball - Big, Bombastic, Bond....

With a special nod to Nobody Does it Better.. ;- )
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I was about to sat YOLT, but I really, really hate Bjork, so I'll go for the runner-up: From Russia With Love. An increadably underrated song here.
  • Kerim wrote:
    Live and Let Die and not the Guns and Roses version.

Disagree totally, G&R's version is brilliant and quite faithful with a little of their style thrown in. Of course, unless you don't like G&R to begin with...

Virage wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Can I flag this comment for blasphemy?!

YES! REPENT @Dimi. Don't compare Bond to Bieber. Ugghh.

I agree with all three of you to a degree. Of course "nobody does it better" than Barry, but I think YKMN is a better rock and Bond song than AVTAK (but not LALD), comparing YKMN with DAF and MR is apples to oranges. Bieber doesn't have as much talent in his entire body as one of Cornell's pinkies @-)
    Kerim wrote:
    Live and Let Die and not the Guns and Roses version.

Disagree totally, G&R's version is brilliant and quite faithful with a little of their style thrown in. Of course, unless you don't like G&R to begin with...

I love the Guns n Roses version. Maybe I'm biased because I love them as a band but I think it might be even better than the original.