Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Bond 77

Great track I listened to this hundreds of times on Tape when I was young

That song is beautiful. The piano and the strings...Carly. It's like she's having a conversation with the instruments.

The title track is great one of the most memorable from the series
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,105
    BOND77 LIVE

BOND77 LIVE

That was a great performance!
    BOND77 LIVE

I liked it alas I listened to some of there other covers this was the best by some distance
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    BOND77 LIVE

I liked it alas I listened to some of there other covers this was the best by some distance

I'll give those a listen too. There are some great renditions out there, by various artists and orchestras.
    BOND77 LIVE

I'll give those a listen too. There are some great renditions out there, by various artists and orchestras.

Yeah it's great to hear different variations more so if live
    BOND77 LIVE

Indeed! The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra has some great ones.
    BOND77 LIVE

Yeah I bought there album last year, some of there reworkings are really good
    BOND77 LIVE

Yeah I bought there album last year, some of there reworkings are really good

I've only listened to their music on Spotify, but I should probably buy an album too.

I am watching TB awesome film, the music cue during the underwater battle when the shark appears is phenomenal. Why are people negative about Bond :))
    mattjoes wrote: »

That is good, listening to the full concert god this is awesome. Compelled me to watch OHMSS now
    Cheers @mattjoes I need a recording of this

I must admit to never having appreciated this song particularly until more recent years. Now I find it a lovely tune – the highlight being the piano, and that particularly enjoyable ending with the guitar.

I must admit to never having appreciated this song particularly until more recent years. Now I find it a lovely tune – the highlight being the piano, and that particularly enjoyable ending with the guitar.

Always liked the The Pretenders tracks on TLD, its a good soundtrack. Where has everybody gone I listen to regularly

Always liked the The Pretenders tracks on TLD, its a good soundtrack. Where has everybody gone I listen to regularly

I've always liked Where Has Everybody Gone too; great track. The soundtrack itself ranks very high for me as well. One of John Barry's best.

I've always liked Where Has Everybody Gone too; great track. The soundtrack itself ranks very high for me as well. One of John Barry's best.

Agree though thankfully for us JB was very consistent with his Bond scores, only TMWTGG is below par
    This is good...

These tracks surprisingly work well together...

Hamlisch admitted he borrowed directly from You Should Be Dancing to give Bond 77 it’s disco beat
    vzok wrote: »

Hamlisch admitted he borrowed directly from You Should Be Dancing to give Bond 77 it’s disco beat

That makes sense

Agree though thankfully for us JB was very consistent with his Bond scores, only TMWTGG is below par

I agree TMWTGG is a bit below par by Barry standards, but it's a good one by regular standards! The best thing with that score, IMO, is that it's an easy score to listen to. A bit "breezy".

For someone who don't mind listening to a bit of disco now and then, this was really enjoyable!

I've been thinking before that Bond 77 had a bit of a Bee Gees vibe to it, but I didn't know Hamlisch went ahead and borrowed directly from them!

I agree TMWTGG is a bit below par by Barry standards, but it's a good one by regular standards! The best thing with that score, IMO, is that it's an easy score to listen to. A bit "breezy".

For someone who don't mind listening to a bit of disco now and then, this was really enjoyable!

I've been thinking before that Bond 77 had a bit of a Bee Gees vibe to it, but I didn't know Hamlisch went ahead and borrowed directly from them!

I listened to Bee Gees vs Hamlish a few times, it's pretty good

I listened to Bee Gees vs Hamlish a few times, it's pretty good

The tracks go very well together! Almost makes you wonder how a Bee Gees theme song could have sounded like.
    mattjoes wrote: »

That's great

Licence To Kill has become a favourite of mine in recent years. Don't know why it it hasn't always been so, as there's so much to enjoy about this one; Gladys Knight's vocals, the build-up right at the start, the chorus, etc.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill