Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

Stop messing about.
    vzok wrote: »
    Stop messing about.

yes-sir-gif-3.gif

• The_Bleeding_HeartThe_Bleeding_Heart Oakland, CA
    “Adrenaline” from Skyfall. Such a cool Newman track that sums up Craig’s Bond perfectly.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,263
    The Name's Bond... James Bond
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I listened to this theme a million times as a kid on cassette tape, this often maligned score has its moments definitely needs an expanded edition of the soundtrack.

One of the greatest title tracks
    thedove wrote: »
    I love the majesty of this song. The rise and fall in just the right places. I can almost picture the dialogue that goes along with it. "Right and Blofeld's got it."

John Barry at his best just listening to DAF now its a score I often listen to, pure class.
    vzok wrote: »

One of the best pieces of music from the film

The greatest thing that never was

I listened to this theme a million times as a kid on cassette tape, this often maligned score has its moments definitely needs an expanded edition of the soundtrack.

I quite the TSWLM score actually, and I would love to own an expanded soundtrack. Hopefully one day it will happen!

I quite the TSWLM score actually, and I would love to own an expanded soundtrack. Hopefully one day it will happen!

We also need an expanded score of MR Assuming that's possible

There were some scores which had missing tapes or something, wasn't it? I seem to remember reading something on here about it.
    Last time they checked, they didn't find the tapes of MR, OP or AVTAK, but of course that doesn't mean they don't exist. (They found the TSWLM tapes but I believe they didn't know whether they were from the film score or the re-recorded album.)

Film score tapes thought to be gone forever have been located many times before.

There were some scores which had missing tapes or something, wasn't it? I seem to remember reading something on here about it.

I maybe wrong though I think MR is one with missing tracks, @Murdock will probably know
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Audio isolation technology is becoming so advanced that even if the tapes are lost, they may not be needed in the long run. For Star Trek's 50th anniversary, La La Land Records released the complete music score for Star Trek the animated series and the music was ripped from the blu rays and meticulously cleaned up and isolated leaving just the music. It was fantastic work. But here's hoping the tapes are out there somewhere.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Audio isolation technology is becoming so advanced that even if the tapes are lost, they may not be needed in the long run. For Star Trek's 50th anniversary, La La Land Records released the complete music score for Star Trek the animated series and the music was ripped from the blu rays and meticulously cleaned up and isolated leaving just the music. It was fantastic work. But here's hoping the tapes are out there somewhere.

Very cool. I'm going to do some reading on that Star Trek effort. The combination of musical and SFX frequencies has traditionally been impossible to undo, to recover clean music. Happy to know that barrier is finally being broken down.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟯𝟰 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗚𝗢...
    Duran Duran hit the number 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States with "A View To A Kill",
    Murdock wrote: »

I was thinking that earlier the technology is so advanced they need to pull there finger out and give us the missing expanded scores. I think I may have to get the Star Trek the animated series score, for the superb Yesteryear alone.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,267
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Last time they checked, they didn't find the tapes of MR, OP or AVTAK, but of course that doesn't mean they don't exist. (They found the TSWLM tapes but I believe they didn't know whether they were from the film score or the re-recorded album.)

Film score tapes thought to be gone forever have been located many times before.

Here's hoping they find them! Even though the audio isolation technology (like @Murdock mentions) may might work out just fine, I guess them finding the tapes might make the possibility of expanded scores more likely. I mean, it would likely be much less work, and not as expensive, right?
    talos7 wrote: »
    𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟯𝟰 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗚𝗢...
    Duran Duran hit the number 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States with "A View To A Kill",

Just finished watching the film. Love the film, love the song, love the band, and love the way the song is used by John Barry throughout the score!
    34 years that's scary I remember watching the music video for AVTAK when it first aired, cracking Bond title track
    That music video is just brilliant :))

It is funny certainly the dronesque camera's

Indeed! I love it when music videos aren't trying to be too artsy or serious, and this is a good example of that.
    "Bon... Simon Le Bon." ;))

This is also worth posting.

Indeed! I love it when music videos aren't trying to be too artsy or serious, and this is a good example of that.

The band members swanning around trying to be like spy's :))
    mattjoes wrote: »
    "Bon... Simon Le Bon." ;))

This is also worth posting.

That line always cracks me up

Who wouldn't, if given the opportunity! On a side note, this must have been Duran Duran on their height hair wise? Nick Rhodes' hair is massive in this music video!

Who wouldn't, if given the opportunity! On a side note, this must have been Duran Duran on their height hair wise? Nick Rhodes' hair is massive in this music video!

I had some of there singles on vinyl and there greatest hits which I have on cd somewhere, mid 80's was a peak time though I was only a casual fan. I tended to listen to 60s and 70s music back then

I had some of there singles on vinyl and there greatest hits which I have on cd somewhere, mid 80's was a peak time though I was only a casual fan. I tended to listen to 60s and 70s music back then

They certainly had a great run of album at that time - and singles too, of course. I've always been a fan of them, but I must admit I don't own any albums; some selected songs I've had on various compilations with other artists included (80's best of kind of things), and in more recent years, streaming has been the way to access their music.

When I eventually get my vintage stereo setup in order, I will get their albums on vinyl.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge

Bond 77

Great track I listened to this hundreds of times on Tape when I was young

That song is beautiful. The piano and the strings...Carly. It's like she's having a conversation with the instruments.