Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Agree with others that ENDGAME was not the film that I expected at all and I realize that's part of my disappointment with it... and that's not fair, I know. So I would definitely have to see it again to make a proper judgement.

Still, without getting into spoilers, there were some real odd choices made and the film really dragged in parts. Infinity War was very long and didn't drag at all for me just for comparison's sake.

So overall it's just okay and because it's just okay that makes it a great disappointment in my eyes. Sorry, Marvel fans. I will post a more detailed review after everyone has seen it.
    Not particularly a superhero fan here, although I love the first Iron Man, and I like the first Captain America, and the GOTG films. But I must say, the Cap fight against Thanos was awesome, and that finger snapping moment was brilliant. There, said it with no spoilers.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just saw Endgame. What an epic conclusion to the first saga of the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
    Saw Endgame last night and LOVED it! I´m not familiar with any Comic books, and I´m not a massive fan of Marvel films per se. I didn´t find anything odd in EG, except Maybe for one thing. I love how the film seamlessly flows from very human to very Comic book fantasy. The Performances across the board are outstanding, I didn´t get that Feeling from all Marvel films. The Russos are not only good at handling Epic Action Scenarios, but also amazing character directors.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Saw Endgame last night and LOVED it! I´m not familiar with any Comic books, and I´m not a massive fan of Marvel films per se. I didn´t find anything odd in EG, except Maybe for one thing. I love how the film seamlessly flows from very human to very Comic book fantasy. The Performances across the board are outstanding, I didn´t get that Feeling from all Marvel films. The Russos are not only good at handling Epic Action Scenarios, but also amazing character directors.

My feelings exactly.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    matt_u wrote: »

Haha Avatar 2 is coming in 2020
    I thought it was good up to a point. The heavy dollop of treacle wasn't to my taste, nor was the ending. Oh, well. At least I have GotG 3 to look forward to.

And no one cares anymore. I know I don't. But then again, I never did ;)
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Just watched the Endgame today. It's a very good movie and I am amazed how much story and character was crammed into it. The first half builds slowly and the second half really takes off. I'm going to be like Dr. Strange and not spoil it for anyone.

If you have enjoyed the Marvel films to date, I think you will enjoy it. I was even happy with the ending. You can already see some new movies on horizon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,411

Endgame... the first act had some great scenes and my favorite part of the movie, the rest of the film was a mess that ranged from terrible to incredible. This film is nowhere near the greatest comic book film of all time, at least three Marvel films are better than this to start with. This film as good as many scenes are has major tonal issues.

The best way to view this film is its the second part of a season finale which tend to be not as good as the first part

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Univex wrote: »

Haha I Never cared about either of them, not really my cup of tea. I was merely talking about box office.
    Saw it yesterday. The theater was packed full (and for the first time ever, they checked the tickets at the entrance of the room). I loved it. No spoilers, but the best scene for me was Captain America. You'll know the scene when you'll see it. But it wasn't the only great moment, there were so many that you could miss some. And also some very funny moments (Thor). In short, recommanded, but I would advise you to keep your liquid consumption to a strict minimum before going to see the movie.
    Univex wrote: »

Haha I Never cared about either of them, not really my cup of tea. I was merely talking about box office.

I know ;) Or guessed.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I just got home from seeing End Game. OMG, I absolutely LOVED this film! I enjoyed it so much. I am one who never read the comic books. I have not seen all the superhero films. I did see all Iron Man, Avengers, Capt. America, Winter Soldier, and Infinity War ... I feel probably differently than those of you who know these stories inside & out. But man, this was a very well executed film, and it did not drag for me. Stunning on the big screen (I saw it in a great theater, too) - I just loved it. Moved me. It felt like it was the story that needed to be told, the way it unfolded. I'm thrilled with it.
    Saw it last night, a little long IMHO but they had a lot to do re having a tidy ending. Very brave first act, focussing on character but it really does work. It does get a bit messy towards the end. Need to see it again.
    PS the first scene was one of the highlights. Wonderful writing
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,411
    The RDJ scene when Stark returns to earth and see's Cap is incredible acting.

One of many issues I had...
    Thanos without the Guantlet was seemingly more powerful and stronger than when he had it, which makes the final battle nonsense.

Avengers Endgame is very similar to a particular episode of Star Trek that is called...
    Endgame
    :))
    Latest updates are indicating Endgame will get very close to a $400 million domestic opening weekend. That is almost $150 million more than the previous records set by Infinity War.
    That is insane! I knew it would make a lot, but it's already exceeded my already high expectations. Just think, all this film needs to do is slightly double it's worldwide opening to catch Avatar.

I'm planning on watching Endgame again this week, and I may post my MCU rankings after that.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The RDJ scene when Stark returns to earth and see's Cap is incredible acting.

One of many issues I had...
    Thanos without the Guantlet was seemingly more powerful and stronger than when he had it, which makes the final battle nonsense.

Avengers Endgame is very similar to a particular episode of Star Trek that is called...
    Endgame
    :))
    Part of the reason for Thanos seemingly being stronger without the Gauntlet than with is that audiences thought he relied on the Gauntlet too much in Infinity War.
    MVP...
    Endgame+spoiler+wo+context_867910_7066022.jpg
    Indeed. And for once,
    There's a super-hero who looks like me :))
    So much going on this film, some very clever writing. Looking forward to an open discussion without spoilers but too early at the moment.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,985
    Endgame

Boy the first half was incredibly slow and to be honest i found parts incredibly tedious. One member on here was dead right when they mentioned 'tonal issues'. The film was really silly in parts and eye rollingly unfunny in places.

That said, the latter parts really make up for it in the final confrontation with Thanos. Spectacular and riveting with some really cool moments.

Good that the core Avengers got the majority of screentime. Thankfully The charisma bypass that is Brie Larson doesn't get much screentime (Although i did like her new haircut...)

The saccharine content goes overboard at the end and the film seems to have more endings than Return Of The King... So i wouldn't rate this higher than the Captain America films or Assemble but it's better than Age of Ultron. Probably needs another viewing to take it all in.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Avengers: Endgame is again over-performing this week, and is now expected to cross the $2 billion milestone this weekend, only 12 days after release.
    And I´ll contribute to the hype and go for my second viewing Tonight :-).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I may see it a second time next Monday. It's so satisfying this film! I do want to see it in the theater again.
    It´s funny, I actually could Name a list of flaws in that film, but the good Things are so abundant and massive they easily drown the weak Things out.
    As a spectacle Endgame does its job, its far from being a bad film. I'll probably go and watch it again to give the second act another go.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Endgame is far above Infinity War and galaxies above Age of Ultron.