SPECTRE: So who's going to play Ernst?

Comments

• Also, why would the head of SPECTRE be on his own with nothing while Oberhauser has two guys behind him and jug of water? Oberhauser is Blofeld.
    Also, why would the head of SPECTRE be on his own with nothing while Oberhauser has two guys behind him and jug of water? Oberhauser is Blofeld.

Or at least it is highly likely he is Blofeld. You don't cast Christoph Waltz in your movie to give the role of the villain to Andrew Scott.
    Well i have watched the trailer several times and witnessed that Jug of water was placed for every person in the table ( may be i am wrong)
    I guessing that Andrew Scott will play the negative character in the movie, but Waltz will be the main villain for sure
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I think a bigger question is when are we going to find out. I haven't read script leak. Just my opinion below
    I don't think Bond will find out at the end of Spectre about who Blofeld and Spectre is. I don't think we will get the Blofeld reveal until Bond 25
    I think a bigger question is when are we going to find out. I haven't read script leak. Just my opinion below
    I don't think Bond will find out at the end of Spectre about who Blofeld and Spectre is. I don't think we will get the Blofeld reveal until Bond 25

I don't think that they'll stretch Blofelds' appearance until Bond 25. I am expecting that Daniel Craig's Bond will demolish Spectre organization in this movie!
    Alexedward wrote: »

I don't think that they'll stretch Blofelds' appearance until Bond 25. I am expecting that Daniel Craig's Bond will demolish Spectre organization in this movie!

Highly unlikely: they wouldn't reintroduce Bond's nemesis organization just for the sake of destroying it in one movie.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Ludovico wrote: »

Highly unlikely: they wouldn't reintroduce Bond's nemesis organization just for the sake of destroying it in one movie.

yes expecially with the fact EON paid the Mcrory estate a substaintial sum to regain the rights. I think you can only go bigger with it. Look at Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad you start of with bad guys on a small scale, then local gangs, then cartels and it grows and grows. I think this is how they will go with it in future Spectre will only be the start of Spectre on the Bond timeline.
    Yes they'd want SPECTRE and Blofeld to stick around. And a resilient enemy is a more menacing one.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Yes they'd want SPECTRE and Blofeld to stick around. And a resilient enemy is a more menacing one.
    Which is why I think the Hinx character should be a reoccurring bad guy, like Jaws but without reimagining him as a comic character in his second outing
    I'd rather have Hinx die actually. Blofeld of course would survive.
    As each film progresses Hinx can only get better! Sorry, I'll get my coat!
    Highly unlikely: they wouldn't reintroduce Bond's nemesis organization just for the sake of destroying it in one movie.[/quote]

I am expecting that this is Craig's last movie, and if it is actually going to his last appearance as 007 then bringing Blofeld destroyed the nemesis organization would be the great option to make it the classic movie!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Craig is contracted to do B25.

I am expecting that this is Craig's last movie, and if it is actually going to his last appearance as 007 then bringing Blofeld destroyed the nemesis organization would be the great option to make it the classic movie![/quote]

If he's a one/off then he's not a nemesis. Again that would make no sense at all. Even if it was Craig's last.
    Murdock wrote: »

And so is Mendes, I keep reading this stuff about being Craigs last or Mendes last. And can't understand it. Sounds like Team Brosnan's wishful thinking. I mean they were even talking about filming the films back to back or it being a double feature. Yet this comes up continuiously.
    Murdock wrote: »

And so is Mendes
    This is the first I've heard of it? Where did you find that out?

Even if neither were returning it would make no sense to reintroduce Bond's nemesis just to put an end to their anantagonism.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 1,661
    I can't help but feel they cast the wrong actor as Blofeld. It should have been Quantum of Solace director Marc Forster!

2v1t6py.jpg

;)
    HAHA yes to a lot of people he is a bad guy lol.

My thoughts on who will be Blofeld - I have not read the leaked script. I am going on the photographs within media release and in news reports during production.
    We knew Bond was in london at the start of Spectre, but it was unknown to most that he would return to film the scene on the boat on the Thames gun in hand appearing to shoot at a helicopter. The boat he is on we have seen before in an official production twitter post days earlier in the undercavern of the MI6 buidling which Bond and Tanner were seen in earlier photos entering by boat (at the start of production) . We know Andrew Scott's Charachter Denbigh is based at Whitehall, London then go back to the official Synopsis "While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back
    the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE" so are the last shots we are seeing Bond unmasking Denbigh as Blofeld and this is Denbigh escaping to Morroco in which Bond heads too next on his tail. Or is Denbigh exposed as a Spectre agent leading Bond to chasing him down to discover the real Blofeld? I am growing more convinced by the way EON have been quiet on the Denbigh charchter while media interviews with Lea, Dan, and David Bautista have spoken about their roles, Scott has remained relitativley quiet. We have also not seen any photographs of Scott as Denbigh. Thats why I believe Waltz is a Trojan horse. For me Scott is Blofeld.

Tamahori more like. I know QOS got a lot of bad press here but it's far from the worst movie.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    HAHA yes to a lot of people he is a bad guy lol.

My thoughts on who will be Blofeld - I have not read the leaked script. I am going on the photographs within media release and in news reports during production.
    We knew Bond was in london at the start of Spectre, but it was unknown to most that he would return to film the scene on the boat on the Thames gun in hand appearing to shoot at a helicopter. The boat he is on we have seen before in an official production twitter post days earlier in the undercavern of the MI6 buidling which Bond and Tanner were seen in earlier photos entering by boat (at the start of production) . We know Andrew Scott's Charachter Denbigh is based at Whitehall, London then go back to the official Synopsis "While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back
    the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE" so are the last shots we are seeing Bond unmasking Denbigh as Blofeld and this is Denbigh escaping to Morroco in which Bond heads too next on his tail. Or is Denbigh exposed as a Spectre agent leading Bond to chasing him down to discover the real Blofeld? I am growing more convinced by the way EON have been quiet on the Denbigh charchter while media interviews with Lea, Dan, and David Bautista have spoken about their roles, Scott has remained relitativley quiet. We have also not seen any photographs of Scott as Denbigh. Thats why I believe Waltz is a Trojan horse. For me Scott is Blofeld.

I don't believe that because Scott already pulled that very stunt in Sherlock - the role that brought him to the table in the first place. Would be veeeeery lazy casting & scriptwriting.

I can't/won't/don't want to believe that Oberhauser is merely a fake identity assumed to lure Bond. That's too predictable! And it's right they would not want to waste a talent like Waltz on a throwaway villain so it's still hard to connect all the dots. At least we all can agree that Blofeld will definitely not be bald since we're post-Austin Powers. So I'm still sticking with two possible theories:
    I) Blofeld stays in the shadows for the whole film re: Thanos in the Avengers.
    II) Oberhauser is a higher-up Quantum guy who slowly undermines the organisation and rebuilds it, thus becoming its head who now goes by the name 'Blofeld' after their family residence - kind of a Blofeld origin story.
    Like I said you don't cast Christop Waltz in a movie to have Andrew Scott play the main villain. beside Scott is nothing like Blofeld.

And what would be wrong with a Jekyll and Hyde twist?
    Guys, I'm wondering - maybe Blofeld won't even be introduced in this movie at all? That would be THE biggest red herring they could possibly throw at us. Maybe they'll just mention him but we won't ever see him until Bond #25.

Just a thought! Personally, I hope it's Waltz. To have Waltz cast in a Bond movie called SPECTRE and have him NOT be Blofeld seems like the biggest c***tease in the history of cinema, but that's just me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Eiragorn, if anything, it's just a horribly kept secret. There have been many twists to blockbusters these past few years that fans have figured out several months before the film's release, and they're correct, no matter how much it's denied by the cast and crew. Just look at 'Star Trek: Into Darkness.'
    Guys, I'm wondering - maybe Blofeld won't even be introduced in this movie at all? That would be THE biggest red herring they could possibly throw at us. Maybe they'll just mention him but we won't ever see him until Bond #25.

Just a thought! Personally, I hope it's Waltz. To have Waltz cast in a Bond movie called SPECTRE and have him NOT be Blofeld seems like the biggest c***tease in the history of cinema, but that's just me.

Not impossible but then who would they cast as Blofeld for Bond 25?

And yes it would be disappointing. Waltz as Blofeld would be a match made in heaven.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Eiragorn, if anything, it's just a horribly kept secret. There have been many twists to blockbusters these past few years that fans have figured out several months before the film's release, and they're correct, no matter how much it's denied by the cast and crew. Just look at 'Star Trek: Into Darkness.'

What I call the Jekyll and Hyde twist.
    @Ludovico, which is what, where everyone expects that the obvious twist is too obvious, so it must be something else, when in the end, it really was just that obvious?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Ludovico, which is what, where everyone expects that the obvious twist is too obvious, so it must be something else, when in the end, it really was just that obvious?

Basically it is the twist everybody knows. Because the original short story by Stevenson had a twisted ending that quickly became famous.

It doesn't sound as good but I call it also the Dracula twist. Count Dracula is a vampire see. Hope I'm not spoiling it for everyone.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 40,474
    @Ludovico, okay, I see what you mean now. Yeah, I'm pretty confident that this is how SP is going to end up.

But please, spoiler alert next time, you've ruined such a popular, new novel like 'Dracula' for me now! I had no clue he was a vampire! ;)
    There is no way in paying of the McClory estate for the use of Spectre and Blofeld that Blofeld and Spectre will only feature once. And I don't see Waltz return for another nor do I see him as an actor who wishes to risk being tagged as certain character. I think Waltz his the head of Qauntum and Bond before killing him learns from him what is behind Qauntum. Like in Skyfall by trying to keep M's death a secret I don't think it will be as straight forward and obvious as Waltz being Blofeld. I reckon there will be an almighty twist.