The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    s-l500.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2021 Posts: 4,438
    index.php?func=cover&ISBN=&VLACCnr=&CDR=&EAN=8712626086024&ISMN=&EBS=1486072&coversize=large
    X-men First Class (2011) - 2 disc limited edition (BD+DVD) with sleeve. € 2,50.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

Great film and underrated I think, I have not seen that boxset previously, I like it.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 2,013
    s-l500.jpg

Great film and underrated I think, I have not seen that boxset previously, I like it.
    I agree it's a rather under-appreciated entry in QT's filmography. I personally love it.
    This edition is from Korean retailer kimchidvd.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    s-l500.jpg

I agree it's a rather under-appreciated entry in QT's filmography. I personally love it.

Cheers just found it online, I did not realise it was a Steelbook looks like a great set.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    s-l500.jpg

Cheers just found it online, I did not realise it was a Steelbook looks like a great set.

That kimchi release is beautiful, as most of theirs typically are. I've not bought one myself but have seen them over the years and they're wonderful.

And yes, I agree that The Hateful Eight is pretty underrated in his filmography, which is really saying something. I love it as a claustrophobic murder mystery/thriller.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

That kimchi release is beautiful, as most of theirs typically are. I've not bought one myself but have seen them over the years and they're wonderful.

And yes, I agree that The Hateful Eight is pretty underrated in his filmography, which is really saying something. I love it as a claustrophobic murder mystery/thriller.

I am a huge Leone fan its a great homage by QT. The opening shots are superb and really set the tone of the film well. I only have H8 on digital download so may be tempted to buy the Steelbook, I wonder if they do a 4K version.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 2,013
    s-l500.jpg

One of my hobbies is collecting steelbooks/Premium editions.
    Kimchidvd is only one of several Asian retailers that have been releasing exclusive, high quality editions for several years now.
    The Hateful Eight now joins my QT collection which consists of these beauties:

Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction - Novamedia (Korea)
    1202_shop2_219269.jpg1252_shop2_915338.jpg

Jackie Brown - Kimchi/TheOn (Korea)
    HNEJST20511-4T.jpg?v-cache=1580149890

Inglourious Basterds & Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood - Manta Lab (Hong Kong)
    IB_FS_front_grande.jpg?v=1542974687FS_FRONT_2000x.jpg?v=1589378851
    s-l500.jpg

One of my hobbies is collecting steelbooks/Premium editions.
    Kimchidvd is only one of several Asian retailers that have been releasing exclusive, high quality editions for several years now.
    The Hateful Eight now joins my QT collection which consists of these beauties:

Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction - Novamedia (Korea)
    1202_shop2_219269.jpg1252_shop2_915338.jpg

Jackie Brown - Kimchi/TheOn (Korea)
    HNEJST20511-4T.jpg?v-cache=1580149890

Inglourious Basterds & Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood - Manta Lab (Hong Kong)
    IB_FS_front_grande.jpg?v=1542974687FS_FRONT_2000x.jpg?v=1589378851

Nice collection, when back home I will post some of the Steelbooks I have I did collect them at one point, not bought any recently.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Here are some recent purchases for me.....some I'm still awaiting their arrival in the mail.....

915pIoEbrPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I’m old enough to remember when “The Ghost and Mrs. Muir” was a TV sitcom starring Hope Lang and Edward Mulhare. :-)

Actress Gene Tierney certainly had a tragic off-screen life – although she eventually overcame. I’m just starting to watch “Laura” (the Blu-Ray of which, has a documentary on her life and career) and have “Leave Her to Heaven” on my near-term “to purchase” list.

Dwayne wrote: »
    Here are some recent purchases for me.....some I'm still awaiting their arrival in the mail.....

915pIoEbrPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I’m old enough to remember when “The Ghost and Mrs. Muir” was a TV sitcom starring Hope Lang and Edward Mulhare. :-)

Actress Gene Tierney certainly had a tragic off-screen life – although she eventually overcame. I’m just starting to watch “Laura” (the Blu-Ray of which, has a documentary on her life and career) and have “Leave Her to Heaven” on my near-term “to purchase” list.

Love both Laura and Leave Her to heaven.
    0e8d6ac1-506c-419c-9e84-197c6cd449f1.jpg
    21586157_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

I remember renting this from the local video store when it was first released.

I remember renting this from the local video store when it was first released.

I used to have a VHS copy ages ago.
    SEV5387BR.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    On the Severin label, huh.

I should catch up with those myself, @CraterGuns.
    EuCc4ioXUAANn2-.jpg
    severin_films_500438223.jpg
    81Bgte%2B3NdL._AC_SY445_.jpg
    Bargain all 5 Bourne movies in HD from Prime Video for only £11.99 in the sale. I have only watched the original trilogy.
    On the Severin label, huh.

I should catch up with those myself, @CraterGuns.
    EuCc4ioXUAANn2-.jpg
    severin_films_500438223.jpg

I greatly anticipate this set's arrival -- I got the shipping notice last week. Unfortunately, packages are being delivered tardily in some areas of the States (ever since last year).
    3701432004266_vid.jpg

To complete the set.
    s-l500.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just picked up all five Die Hard Movies in 4k from Amazon Prime for £20, I'm
    a very happy Boy. :D
    p40395_v_h9_ab.jpg

51Z1NEPprJL._SY445_.jpg

A film noir I haven't seen before starring Dan Duryea June Vincent, and Peter Lorre.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 5,802
    81VkPkCfA6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Because of CoViD, it failed to appear in movie theaters, so I had to buy it. Let's hope the purchase was justified.
    Found that today at the FNAC in Les Halles in Paris :

91mkp0B8iEL._AC_SY445_.jpg
    4d32cd5d-2727-4d5d-92c1-f097a97e4f01.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LA GUERRE DU FEU (Jean-Jacques Annaud, 1981)

Seen this two or three times since the 80s. Magnificent film. I have been looking for a copy for years.

• edited June 2021 Posts: 15,801
    It's garage sale season where I live and pick up a couple of films.

OneMillionBC4.jpg

81EBLdBKRjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71vUJMjWtYL._SL1292_.jpg
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 15,801
    71BAWN422HL.gif

Picked up the SE DVD of GOLDFINGER at a yard sale today for a buck.
    I love comparing the color timing of the early DVDs to the Lowery versions.
    Upfront the gunbarrel is framed poorly. It's raised and not centered. The dots roll across the screen slightly above the middle.
    The colors look pretty good, though.