The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,271
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    It's garage sale season where I live and pick up a couple of films.

OneMillionBC4.jpg

Ah Raquel Welch :x that reminds me I have not watched another film of hers in a while Fathom, Raquel spends most of the film in a bikini in that too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DE DØDES TJERN (Kåre Bergstrøm, 1958)
    DUEL (Steven Spielberg, 1971)
    THE SHINING (Stanley Kubrick, 1980)
    MARS ATTACKS! (Tim Burton, 1996)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Not familiar with the first film though I own the other 3 films, great choices there.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , it is a Norwegian classic based on a novel by Andre Bjerke from 1942 (also a classic). Here is a review in English (with a heavy Norwegian accent).

And for anyone interested, here is the full film with English subtitles. (English title: LAKE OF THE DEAD)
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , it is a Norwegian classic based on a novel by Andre Bjerke from 1942 (also a classic). Here is a review in English (with a heavy Norwegian accent).

And for anyone interested, here is the full film with English subtitles. (English title: LAKE OF THE DEAD)

I watched the review, a possible inspiration to Crystal Lake and Jason perhaps.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Duel is a good one. I watched it again on DVD not too long ago myself. Spielberg's first major film.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The Hitman's Bodyguard in 4k. A silly over the top action film.... but I do
    enjoy a silly over the top action romp.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Elq1dIBUcAA5XLW.jpg
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    Elq1dIBUcAA5XLW.jpg

Fun movie, I have it on Bluray, good idea for a box set.
    Currently have this on pre-order from Imprint. This will finally give me the opportunity to watch 'Funeral' and 'Brain' which I've never seen.
    cache_800_600_0_0_100_16777215_IMP2763%20The%20Harry%20Palmer%20Collection.png
    edited July 2021 Posts: 17,787
    Currently have this on pre-order from Imprint. This will finally give me the opportunity to watch 'Funeral' and 'Brain' which I've never seen.

Wow, nice. Is that available in Region 2? If so, I might invest in it.

You'll love those two Palmer films. Funeral is a pretty straight Cold War spy film and Brain is more akin to one of the more outlandish Bond films.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,013
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Wow, nice. Is that available in Region 2? If so, I might invest in it.

You'll love those two Palmer films. Funeral is a pretty straight Cold War spy film and Brain is more akin to one of the more outlandish Bond films.
    It's an Australian boutique label but I believe their blu-rays are region free. I only own Year Of The Dragon by this label and it definitely isn't region locked.
    I actually managed to find Billion Dollar Brain on Daily Motion and started streaming it.
    I know more or less the plot for both films, so not watching them in order doesn't really bother me.
    I'm more interested in the stylistic differences between the three movies.
    From what I've seen so far, I know I'm in for some outlandish stuff with this one.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Elq1dIBUcAA5XLW.jpg

I note the back cover includes Bond alumni Qiu Yuen.

anavozb700b-15423640591071981358391.jpg

Yes indeed, she's in the movie as well.

Now me, I had a pleasant surprise today while doing a bit of shopping after receiving my shot :

12957236-4304862478931602.jpg

No, the movie failed to appear in France (along with Mulan and Wonder Woman 84), so it's Direct to Video for it. Me, I think that movies this size should be released in theaters, but what do I know ? Plus, the fact that I found it today, when it was scheduled for wednesday, IIRC. Puzzling, that.
    Elq1dIBUcAA5XLW.jpg

I note the back cover includes Bond alumni Qiu Yuen.

anavozb700b-15423640591071981358391.jpg

Qiu Yuen plays a great character in Kung Fu Hustle.
    SCARY MOVIE
    SCARY MOVIE 2
    SCARY MOVIE 3
    SCARY MOVIE 5
    THE EXORCIST
    THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    550x788.jpg
    Purgatory (1988) € 1,00

Starring Tanya Roberts (AVTAK)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,438
    550x747.jpg
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) - 3 disc Limited Edition Digipack include 2 disc SE and Artist/Score Soundtrack cd. € 2,95
    Got myself a whole big bunch on sale. Some of these I haven t seen, and a few I plan to give away as presents.

CALL OF THE WILD
    FANTASTIC FOUR
    FAR TIL FIRE-I SOLEN
    FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
    GHOST RIDER
    HUSET
    JACKIE BROWN
    JØRGEN+ANNE=SANT
    LOST HIGHWAY
    MACHETE KILLS
    GOODFELLAS
    ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
    SUPERHERO MOVIE
    TERKEL I KNIPE
    THE CONJURING
    THE CONJURING 2
    THE UNTOUCHABLES

edited July 2021 Posts: 23,271
    CALL OF THE WILD
    FANTASTIC FOUR
    FAR TIL FIRE-I SOLEN
    FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
    GHOST RIDER
    HUSET
    JACKIE BROWN
    JØRGEN+ANNE=SANT
    LOST HIGHWAY
    MACHETE KILLS
    GOODFELLAS
    SUPERHERO MOVIE
    TERKEL I KNIPE
    THE CONJURING
    THE CONJURING 2
    THE UNTOUCHABLES

@Thunderfinger good selection, the ones in bold are the ones I also own. Some absolute classics and a few so bad they are good movies there.

Machete Kills is a lot of fun, Mel Gibson is great as a Hugo Drax like villain.
    CALL OF THE WILD
    FANTASTIC FOUR
    FAR TIL FIRE-I SOLEN
    FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
    GHOST RIDER
    HUSET
    JACKIE BROWN
    JØRGEN+ANNE=SANT
    LOST HIGHWAY
    MACHETE KILLS
    GOODFELLAS
    SUPERHERO MOVIE
    TERKEL I KNIPE
    THE CONJURING
    THE CONJURING 2
    THE UNTOUCHABLES

@Thunderfinger good selection, the ones in bold are the ones I also own. Some absolute classics and a few so bad they are good movies there.

Machete Kills is a lot of fun, Mel Gibson is great as a Hugo Drax like villain.

Agreed. I have seen it, but only owned the first one. They are both just a lot of senseless fun.
    A couple of titles I got on pre-order.

E7NYxhZWYAIuF80?format=jpg&name=large
    HNEJST25008-2T.jpg?v-cache=1619768615
    6455883_sa.jpg

6455883_sa.jpg

Is that a new Bluray of A Clockwork Orange? I have it as a Bluray but as part of a Stanley Kubrick boxset. 2021 is the 50th anniversary year for the film so maybe that's been released to celebrate that? I like the Moloko Plus text on the front cover by the way!

6455883_sa.jpg

Is that a new Bluray of A Clockwork Orange? I have it as a Bluray but as part of a Stanley Kubrick boxset. 2021 is the 50th anniversary year for the film so maybe that's been released to celebrate that? I like the Moloko Plus text on the front cover by the way!
    It's an upcoming steelbook edition from a relatively new company called Titans of Cult.
    It will be their twelfth release. They only release steelbooks in so called Premium packages that often include (rather useless) pins and other goodies.
    Both their designs and choice of titles are somewhat 'unusual' and tend to divide opinions as to the logic behind their selection.

To give you an idea of what I mean, here is their catalogue so far:
    1. Blade Runner
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Mad Max: Fury Road
    4. Ready Player One
    5. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    6. Goodfellas
    7. V For Vendetta
    8. Pacific Rim
    9. Batman
    10. Space Jam (!)
    11. The Goonies - upcoming release
    12. A Clockwork Orange - upcoming release
    13. The Matrix - upcoming release

Clockwork will be the first edition I buy from this company as I adore this movie and I quite like the design they chose, though I will probably end up only keeping the steelbook and throw away everything else, including their cheaply made plastic slipbox (which admittedly, looks pretty nice on the photo).
    That's the steelbook itself:
    E6p0rM7XMAAF2PA?format=jpg&name=small
    @Dragonpol
    There is also an upcoming steelbook to be released by Best Buy around the same time (indeed to celebrate the film's 50th anniversary) which is also nice but I opted for the ToC edition as I prefer their more unusual design.
    Both editions include 4K and Blu-ray discs.
    6470857_sa.jpg
    edited July 2021 Posts: 17,787
    @Dragonpol
    There is also an upcoming steelbook to be released by Best Buy around the same time (indeed to celebrate the film's 50th anniversary) which is also nice but I opted for the ToC edition as I prefer their more unusual design.
    6470857_sa.jpg

Thanks, @R1s1ngs0n. That's good to know.

Do you need a different sort of player to play 4K then? I don't know much about these sorts of things unfortunately.

I got good condition secondhand steelbooks of Skyfall and Spectre a few months ago at prices I couldn't pass up.
    @Dragonpol
    6470857_sa.jpg

Do you need a different sort of player to play 4K then? I don't know much about these sorts of things unfortunately.

I got good condition secondhand steelbooks of Skyfall and Spectre a few months ago at prices I couldn't pass up.
    You need both a 4K tv and 4K player in order to be able to play 4K discs (I own neither... yet) but luckily Blu-rays are almost always included in these editions so I'm perfectly content in watching these until I decide to upgrade my equipment.
    s-l500.jpg

10177548--i_saw_the_light-dvd_f_a1be09b0-cee8-465e-9f2c-84f4b92f5886.jpg?v=1568993882

516WMR5Z0ZL.jpg
    @Dragonpol
    6470857_sa.jpg

You need both a 4K tv and 4K player in order to be able to play 4K discs (I own neither... yet) but luckily Blu-rays are almost always included in these editions so I'm perfectly content in watching these until I decide to upgrade my equipment.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I suspected so. I don't have either as yet but I do have a Blu-ray player and I'm happy enough with that at the minute! :)
    Vengeance-Trails-Blu-ray-box.jpg