The great MI6 Community JAMES BOND Advent Calendar

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He certainly will visit my house. I have been a goooooood boy! :D

Jason, I think Beatles will make his move to flee your abode once he spots your slight stiffness that'll mysteriously come on just as he enters the door.
  • Nice choices, @4Ever Bonded. Great thread, everybody. If I may have a date, please: on the First Day AFTER Christmas (the 26th, that is,) BeatlesSansEarmuffs goes to town...

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs you and I both know that you're going to be too loaded up on eggnog the day after the holiday to post here.

Actually, I've never cared much for egg nog. While I may (or may not) be feeling the effects of various substances on 12/26, egg nog probably won't be one of them.

Sing along, everybody: "On the first day after Christmas, 0Brady gave to me ... some egg nog I politely refused."
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Snowfall is great, @4everBonded, thanks for that! Laugh of the day!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So glad you all enjoyed my posts for the 4th. The "Snowfall" clip was my favorite, too. It cracked me up. I thought it was well done and I wanted it to be longer. ;)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    00:10 here in Maple Grove

Here are three Christmas/007 crossovers

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ok, just for you then ... ;) I have never heard anybody say they actually like it before.
    Hmmm. It seems I cannot actually find it in a clip from the film; only covers (mostly in German) ...

Good background info on this song here: http://www.bond-o-rama.dk/en/ohmss-1969-nina-xmas-song/

Well here is this one. Hope you enjoy. Feel free to post your own.

Well let me say that I for one love that song. Thank you for posting that video. Really beautiful and from my favourite Bond film, OHMSS.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Property, that was fun!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Glad to see the love for Hal David and Nina here. I love "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown" too, so I'll post the best version (in audio quality) that I've found here:

• Some great posts on here, I am not a fan of Christmas though very entertaining posts.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Agreed. Some great posts on here. Particularly enjoy the memories that people are sharing. I have 2 dates booked and my posts are just ready and waiting for my dates to come around.
    Excellent, @PropertyOfALady! Thanks so much for posting these. :)
    Seasons greetings everyone.

I thought I'd start things off fairly light with what I think is a hilarious and loving tribute to the great Sir Rog.

Here is something that I'm sure everyone here has seen before, but I love seeing Pierce shower Sean with praise on this video. It always puts a smile on my face and you can clearly see how much he adores the one and only Mr. Connery.

My final Christmas treat for you all today is a rare but wonderful cigarette commercial with Tim. I adore this, but it does always pain me to think that we never saw him develop the role further in a 3rd movie. He is full on Bond in this piece and I bloody love it!

I hope you enjoyed my videos.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Good stuff, @TR007.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    What on earth is the first video?
    Wow, that Dalton commercial is killer! I don't know what I'd want more, more Lazenby or more Dalton.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    More good stuff. So it was Connery who got it into Brosnan s head that he should ask for more money!
    edited December 2016 Posts: 17,787
    What on earth is the first video?

It's a scene from the British satirical 1980s/1990s latex puppet show Spitting Image.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitting_Image

No doubt this scene was inspired by this quote of Sir Roger's:

"My acting range has always been something between the two extremes of 'raises left eyebrow' and 'raises right eyebrow.'"

Actually, come to think of it, I recall reading in a Spitting Image annual at my aunt's house a cartoon of Sir Roger where he was saying: "My acting is so wooden I have Dutch Elm Disease."
    Wow, that Dalton commercial is killer! I don't know what I'd want more, more Lazenby or more Dalton.

That's probably how he would have looked in Bond 17. Note the hair is a substantial improvement over LTK.

ToTheRight wrote: »

That's probably how he would have looked in Bond 17. Note the hair is a substantial improvement over LTK.

The Dracula cut must have been out of fashion by then! :P
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'll take the 22nd if it's still going! Seems like a bit of fun.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited December 2016 Posts: 9,020
    I'll take the 22nd if it's still going! Seems like a bit of fun.

Sure thing!

Calendar days chosen by members:
    December 1st: @BondJasonBond006
    December 2nd: @ToTheRight
    December 3rd: @Thunderfinger
    December 4th: @4EverBonded
    December 5th: @PropertyOfALady
    December 6th: @TR007
    December 7th: @ggl007
    December 8th: @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    December 9th: @Major_Boothroyd
    December 10th: @Murdock
    December 11th: @4EverBonded
    December 12th: @jake24
    December 13th: @fire_and_ice
    December 14th: @Shark_0f_Largo
    December 15th:
    December 16th: @Major_Boothroyd
    December 17th: @ggl007
    December 18th:
    December 19th: @Dragonpol
    December 20th: @PropertyOfALady
    December 21st: @Shark_0f_Largo
    December 22nd: @CraigMooreOHMSS
    December 23rd: @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    December 24th: @BondJasonBond006
    December 25th: @TR007
    December 26th: @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
    @TR007
    That Brosnan clip warmed my heart. I do love that man, and he left a great Bondian legacy too imho.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Tomorrow it's my turn. I won't be available until the afternoon-evening but I'll be in time ;)
    @TR007
    That Brosnan clip warmed my heart. I do love that man, and he left a great Bondian legacy too imho.

He certainly did. I always got the impression getting to do the Bond films really meant a lot to Pierce. He truly cares about the role, Sean and the entire legacy.
    Really loving this thread. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.
    I'd love to take the 25th if it's still going but I don't want to be greedy and rob anyone else of the opportunity.
    @TR007 updated the list above with your second date. Thank you for your great work.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Yep, great post @TR007. Hope that mine live up to what has already come before. A great thread.
    Catching up now. I loved the Dalton commercial! I had never seen that one.

I love Brosnan, always have, always will. And, man, has he aged beautifully! Oh yes.

I love Pierce's tribute to Sean; one of my favorites to rewatch. Total, utter class from a very sweet man. I think he represents the little children in all of us that still remains in awe of Sean's Bond films whenever we pop them in.
    OK, I'd like to join in and do December 19th on the Advent Calendar if it is still free.