2011 'Oscars' for MI6 Community. Best or worst posts. You decide.

edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 2,782
Can we have a bit of fun for the end of the year?

Best posts/threads and worst posts/threads are a given (excluding this one).

Do we have most twisted post, or most technically gifted post, best use of ****** or best written, most commented etc?

It's your thing mods, can we have a list of categories and start voting maybe please please pretty please with sugar on top?

Awards, I don't know, I'm sure we can design some virtual statues - I can get that done.

Over to you judge and jury.

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    We could try I guess. As long as someone is willing to take the bull by the horns and organise it ;-)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    And provided the 'worst' post thing doesn't provoke bashing of members. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Worst post ? I'll have to dig up some do_me_nicely posts !! :p
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    How could it not bash a member ...? just asking ...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    How could it not bash a member ...? just asking ...
    There's a difference between jokingly mentioning something or downright attacking someone.

• edited November 2011 Posts: 12,837
    how about "best bond story" or "best fan creations"

i have a funny feeling one of my threads might pop up in the worst thread category.......
    I've got a few as well

Most rediculas B23 roumer.

And

Most anticipated non bond film
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I recall we used to do this before, I don't see why we can't start this up again.

- Best post
    - Best thread
    - #1 Connery / Lazenby / etc... fan
    - Best fan art
    - Best fan media
    - Best fan fiction

etc...
  • bump, because i really want to see this happen
  • i think the mods should be in charge if we do it, as they are independent and neutral.

Just need the categories to be decided and then we're off.

That's if we decide to do it.
    I think the awards should be those mentioned

Best Thread
    Worst Thread
    Best post
    Most silly Skyfall roumer.
    #1 Connery fan
    Lazenby fan
    Moore fan
    Dalton fan
    Brozzer fan
    Craig fan
    Best fan art
    Best fan fiction/Media

MI6 Community Award( Not nominated. For the user who has the biggest contribution over all over, the year.)
    Best new member??
  • bump, and can the mods please check this out because i'd lve to see this happen
    Could somebody add the categories:
    The best anti- (Connery, Moore, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig, Barry, EON, Arnold, Dench, QoS, CR, DAD) person on the site. :-))

Being opposed to somebody is also an art.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I nominate Luds for best Gemma Arterton / Barbara Bach fan ! :-))
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Okay Best/Worst post
    Quote it on the thread copy and paste the quote to this quote and name the thread underneath

Hows that sound.
  • BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP (i shall continue to bump this discussion until we get this thing started)
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Best Thread

Worst Thread

Best post
    Henry I'll buy the land if you buy the brooklyn bridge off of me I've been meaning to get rid of it lol

I'm gonna guess bond sleeps with Ola's character. just a guess though.
    Ola Rapace is a man....

this just in Helen M'coy and ola replace join bond 23 posted by @thegiantcookie

Most silly sky fall "announcement"
    /

#1 Connery Fan:/,Moore Fan:@Dalton Craig,Lazenby Fan:/,Dalton Fan:/,Brozzer Fan:/, Craig Fan:/.

Best Fan Art:

Best Fan Media

when something else hits me i'll post it

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited November 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Best post
    Henry I'll buy the land if you buy the brooklyn bridge off of me I've been meaning to get rid of it lol

I'm gonna guess bond sleeps with Ola's character. just a guess though.
    Ola Rapace is a man....

That one is, indeed, what dreams are made of... ;)

• james Beard has to be nominated.
    Thanks Virage for nominating me as best image Roger Moore image fan !!
    Best post of the year :
    Bil Tanner vergot to close a window and the paper wil fall on the ground and it wil be open.
  • Great idea, but it's going to end in tears ESPECIALLY with a "worst post" award.
    ;-)
  • I want to nominate @forgotmyusername for best post

"I'd like to handle eves box" on the goodbye to judi dench thread
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Second that. Let's get this award show on the road.
    i 3rd that! lol
  • I nominate @DaltonCraig007 for best anti-craig fan
    I nominate @Luds for best Gemma Arterton and Barbara Bach fan.
  • I nominate myself for best Bond roamer

Not sure about all this, but I would hazard at guess at worst threads would include any about that group that kept appearing a few weeks back, had to close some threads because of it, they wanted it for the Bond theme, and now we don't see their author much now, that was some pretty lame discussions. And also the 'what would you do if you had three minutes to live' or something thread, may of been the same person actually, that didn't last long :-w

Best threads would be Bond's beard, and there was something similar, probably to do with Craig, that I can't quite recall at this moment, which isn't much help I know, but there you are

It might be an idea to get back to this at another point in time actually