Do you believe in aliens and flying saucers?

12346»

Comments

• BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I have to respectfully disagree. It is naïve to think their is nothing out there? Casing point is all the new species in the deep oceans of our own planet.

Life as we should all realise takes many different forms and in all shapes and sizes.

Fair enough - but I'd rather see the human race try and sort itself out and all the problems here on Earth before we start thinking about what might be out there.
    BondStu wrote: »
    I have to respectfully disagree. It is naïve to think their is nothing out there? Casing point is all the new species in the deep oceans of our own planet.

Life as we should all realise takes many different forms and in all shapes and sizes.

Fair enough - but I'd rather see the human race try and sort itself out and all the problems here on Earth before we start thinking about what might be out there.

Sadly my friend I don't think we will be around if that ever does happen?
    @RogueAgent - heard that Bro. :(
  • DragonpolDragonpol http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2019 Posts: 13,269

I'm sure that the "drunkie" under the bridge in A Clockwork Orange (1971) would agree with your sentiments! If you recall he said:

"What sort of a world is it at all? Men on the moon and men spinning around the Earth and there's not no attention paid to earthly law and order no more."

Naturally, I'm in agreement too.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2019 Posts: 2,975

I totally agree. I quoted that very sentence from A Clockwork Orange (which actually stems from the 1962 novel and Kubrick reused it in his wonderful film) to my dad yesterday. But I see no harm in talking about aliens in a forum :D
    @Dragonpol @Walecs . I once was reading (or watching, can't remember) an interview with Jean Luc Picard himself, the one and only Patrick Stewart.

When TNG was at it's most popular he was getting loads of fan letters. He was reading one in particular from a New York Detective and he found what this officer had to say quite moving.

This cop saw some horrific things in his day to day work. And TNG was his escape from it. He said he made a point of never missing it, cause it was set in a future where there was no war and people weren't horrible to each other. For 45 minutes a week he had hope that things might get better for the human race.

It's pretty much the same thing I like about Star Trek actually.