The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    OP was the first Bond film I watched at the cinema so it has a sentimental spot for me.

It was my second in the cinema, but the first Bond film I hounded my folks to take me to.
    It was a Saturday matinee at a theatre now long demolished. We had a lot of fun that day.

I remember it well as I ate too much ice cream after and threw up on the way home :)) I enjoyed the film nonetheless lol

Haha!
    I remember my Dad commenting how light Roger Moore's hair looked and then telling me Connery had a rival Bond film coming out later in the year. I was hooked on Bond from that day on and had to catch up with all the rest of the films. We didn't have a VHS player yet (or cable) so I had to wait for the ABC Sunday Night Movie to show the films.

I was 9 years old in 83 and was locked into the two Bond films being released though even at that age and being a Sean fan I was defiantly loyal to Cubby lol

I bought all the magazines at the time promoting both films. Still mourn my NSNA poster, I wrecked it.

I was 8. My Dad got me the OCTOPUSSY movie magazine. Wish I still had it. :( I also had the comic adaptation. I really loved both movies, still do.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    OP was the first Bond film I watched at the cinema so it has a sentimental spot for me.

It was my second in the cinema, but the first Bond film I hounded my folks to take me to.
    It was a Saturday matinee at a theatre now long demolished. We had a lot of fun that day.

I remember it well as I ate too much ice cream after and threw up on the way home :)) I enjoyed the film nonetheless lol

Haha!
    I remember my Dad commenting how light Roger Moore's hair looked and then telling me Connery had a rival Bond film coming out later in the year. I was hooked on Bond from that day on and had to catch up with all the rest of the films. We didn't have a VHS player yet (or cable) so I had to wait for the ABC Sunday Night Movie to show the films.

I was 9 years old in 83 and was locked into the two Bond films being released though even at that age and being a Sean fan I was defiantly loyal to Cubby lol

I bought all the magazines at the time promoting both films. Still mourn my NSNA poster, I wrecked it.

I was 8. My Dad got me the OCTOPUSSY movie magazine. Wish I still had it. :( I also had the comic adaptation. I really loved both movies, still do.

In my late teens and 20's life got in the way as it does and I let go of so much Bond memorabilia I had an amazing collection. It was only in my late 30's I started collecting Bond items again. I will always regret throwing away my movie and music collection that I spent all my youth building.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The colors in OP really pop. At OP's island now.
    Maud is amazing, love the chemistry here between Roger and Maud some of the best in the series.
    There is an immediate and convincing respect between the two characters.
    Many many times I have imagined this film with a 46 year old Roger Moorre.
    The story warrants a peak Bond.
    I love the OP and JB scenes.
    This is Sir Rogers last great film IMO.
    Vjay's death really hits, very well handled here.
    Great build up of tension before the attack on Bond, one of the best scenes in the film.
    One of Rogers best fight scenes in the later films.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,327
    Maud really sells this scene well that Bond maybe dead. Or is it John Barry's music.
    I love the scene when Bond and M are in transit, copied of course in TND and CR.
    George Best was a lucky man.
    OP has aged well, 30 years ago I saw it as a weak Bond film, not many Bond films after OP are as enjoyable. To be fair this film looks more cinematic than many that followed.
    Orlov and Bond scene is fantastic, really adds weight to the movie.
    Bond driving a car on the rail tracks is hokey, John Glen's weakness hokey $#!£
    Gorilla suit scene is bizarre god knows how Bond got in and out of the costume.
    This train stunt sequence is legendary.
    And that's for 009
    That scene was always cut on UK TV.
    Moore really sells the bomb threat.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,327
    I had a major health scare two weeks ago, feel very thankful I am watching this film.
    I had a major health scare two weeks ago, feel very thankful I am watching this film.

Hope you're okay.
    Kamal palace assault is fun.
    I like Bond's look late on, his look throughout the film not great attire wise.
    Plane sequester is pure Bond.
    Gobinda's reactions throughout the film are so funny, very underrated character.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City

Same here. OP was the first Bond movie that I saw in the cinema. The date: Monday, August 29th, 1983. An early afternoon screening, and then it was off to Shea Stadium to watch my idol - Tom Seaver - pitch.